"Ooo leftovers?"

wykikitoon

I quite like a glass of port. Worst thing is, I'm not even taking the piss.

:wub: Don't you like guinness with port in it as well? Sort of a refined turboshandy.

Nah. I like Guinness if you get somewhere doing a nice pint of it though. I think you're thinking of Parky with his Guinness / Tia Maria combo.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a lad on NO a couple of weeks ago, so incensed by the goings on at NUFC that he posted the following in their "what are you drinking" thread:

Barton, Enrique, Twitter, Liverpool, Ashley.

FUCK THIS SHIT.

Just poured a monster glass of port. Taylor Fladgate, nothing over the top. Some walnuts here at hand. We'll see how this goes.

Just as well Stevie's banned on there. Even I spat my Pimms all over my keyboard.

Clearly someone with bigger sideboards than Elvis circa 1972.

Anyway this geordie off!!! Mac beats me I reckon, Wacky does, and possibly HMHM too. I don't speak like a pure rarfy, you heard me on the wireless anyway.

I had you in the lead tbh. Purely on volume ofgeordie rules invented. Don't concede now! :wub:

:wub: Don't you like guinness with port in it as well? Sort of a refined turboshandy.

Can't beat a pint of stout with tia maria in there. :blush:

Can't beat a pint of stout with tia maria in there. :blush:

I can see how the two would go together tbf.

FWIW Mac, I agree with the breakfast, dinner then tea thing. :wub:

So do I. Unfortunately your accreditation hit a snag when 'Gateshead' came up.

FWIW Mac, I agree with the breakfast, dinner then tea thing. :blush:

Swansea are allowed in the Premier League, surely it's only fair I can be included in the biggest Geordie league (Sponsored by Stevie and Mac). :wub:

FWIW Mac, I agree with the breakfast, dinner then tea thing. :blush:

Swansea are allowed in the Premier League, surely it's only fair I can be included in the biggest Geordie league (Sponsored by Stevie and Mac). :wub:

You can be an associate member. Meaning they collect your subs but you can't vote in elections :blush:

FWIW Mac, I agree with the breakfast, dinner then tea thing. :up:

Swansea are allowed in the Premier League, surely it's only fair I can be included in the biggest Geordie league (Sponsored by Stevie and Mac). :blush:

You can be an associate member. Meaning they collect your subs but you can't vote in elections :blush:

:wub::blush:

I just take people as I see them. I really couldnt give a shite. If someone wants to talk "posh" despite being born in benwell, so fuck. I'll not go over what Ive already said, but I've seen both ends of the spectrum. I have customers who own yachts and go around florida in them, and I've got customers who work from home in Walker and Jarrow. I can be with one of them in the morning and one in the afternoon. I'm pretty well known that when Im talking to customers my accent softens and I dont swear at all. But, I go on the piss with some mates and my accent is back to normal. If Im at home its somewhere in between. I say accent, it's mainly how much I use slang etc. But I've no problem with that and tbh if someone looked down at me for doing that, it's them that has the problem, not me.

Bit like Alex says, I struggle to see a different between looking down at someone for speaking in a broad accent or losing the accent all together despite bring from benwell etc, you're still looking down on someone. I couldn't give a shite and I'm not easily offended. Unless its a chav, for whatever reason that nasal whining speech just makes me want to shove my boot on their mouth. :wub:

Oh, and I say stuff like "its dinner time" at 12pm at work. But Id also say "Im nipping out for some lunch" also "going home to get me tea". Again, who gives a fuck really :blush: People get worked up by some fucking stupid things :blush:

It's not lunch, it's luncheon.

Pork Luncheon Meat was a mainstay on our plates as kids. Pek Chopped Pork was used in a variety of ways, ranging from but not limited to; Pizzas, Sandwiches, Pasta.

I still like it personally, though she wont entertain it in the house as she says it smells like catfood.

I'm a creation of all that I've done in my past and what I've seen. Lived in Exeter/Torquay for a couple of years in the early 00s. Most people would tone the accent down and be more respectful of others 'way of life'. Unfortunately, I found myself, and still do to this day, comparing everything to my upbringing. I had a normal Geordie upbringing. Dad owned pubs (The Central, Half Moon, Station, Queens Head) so lived above one until I was about 10. LCL, Corned Beef and Beetroot Sandwiches and KP crisps were a delicacy in my mind until I was about 16.

You's are right though, if we were all the same it'd be a boring existance. Don't mean to come across as a cock when bigging up our area or thinking I'm Uber Geordio. Places like TupTup and them bars at the bottom of the Bigg Market sicken me though. They're not inkeeping with our heritage or way of life in Newcastle. This is why there are soo many muscle laden mongs in v-neck tshirts out on the drink everynight in Town.

Anyway, anyone fancy doing a come dine with me TT special? I can come to yours and feast on beautiful wines and scallops then you can come to mine and I'll dish up a jacket taity and cheese with a slab of Kestrel Super Strength?

:wub:

You just reminded me of when I worked at the council JawD. There was a foreman there who was a massive fanny rat who used to say in a put-on posh voice 'I'm just nipping out for some lunch', which was a euphemism, in case you hadn't guessed.

Pork Luncheon Meat was a mainstay on our plates as kids. Pek Chopped Pork was used in a variety of ways, ranging from but not limited to; Pizzas, Sandwiches, Pasta.

I still like it personally, though she wont entertain it in the house as she says it smells like catfood.

I'm a creation of all that I've done in my past and what I've seen. Lived in Exeter/Torquay for a couple of years in the early 00s. Most people would tone the accent down and be more respectful of others 'way of life'. Unfortunately, I found myself, and still do to this day, comparing everything to my upbringing. I had a normal Geordie upbringing. Dad owned pubs (The Central, Half Moon, Station, Queens Head) so lived above one until I was about 10. LCL, Corned Beef and Beetroot Sandwiches and KP crisps were a delicacy in my mind until I was about 16.

You's are right though, if we were all the same it'd be a boring existance. Don't mean to come across as a cock when bigging up our area or thinking I'm Uber Geordio. Places like TupTup and them bars at the bottom of the Bigg Market sicken me though. They're not inkeeping with our heritage or way of life in Newcastle. This is why there are soo many muscle laden mongs in v-neck tshirts out on the drink everynight in Town.

Anyway, anyone fancy doing a come dine with me TT special? I can come to yours and feast on beautiful wines and scallops then you can come to mine and I'll dish up a jacket taity and cheese with a slab of Kestrel Super Strength?

I still love the odd Pork Luncheon sarnies with brown sauce on of course.

Edited by Holden McGroin

Not had that for years. Used to slice luncheon meet, fry it, add some brown sauce and chuck in some bread. Lush.