"Ooo leftovers?"

wykikitoon

Aye TR but the very worst kind are the Hyacinth Bucket types, of which there are male versions on here in my view, people who forget their roots.

:lol:

I'd never forget my roots, I'm very proud of where I'm from plus I'm very patriotic too.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we're talking about slightly different things tbh, Stevie. I can't stand those sort of people. Reading too much into whether people say 'lunch' or 'dinner' is a different kettle of fish though.

What would you say if one of your pals like Jonny said "Alex would you entertain the idea of some lunch after the match?". He wouldn't, because he's a down to earth kid that is quite apparent.

Think I'd prefer that to what hubby said to his mate yesterday, I repeat...'Have we got a hot dinner date tomorrow night then?' :razz:

I think we're talking about slightly different things tbh, Stevie. I can't stand those sort of people. Reading too much into whether people say 'lunch' or 'dinner' is a different kettle of fish though.

What would you say if one of your pals like Jonny said "Alex would you entertain the idea of some lunch after the match?". He wouldn't, because he's a down to earth kid that is quite apparent.

:lol: Clearly I'd ask him if he wanted brunch before the match. :razz:

He might say that, but he'd be taking the piss. I can actually think of a lad I know (don't see him now like, lives at the opposite end of the country, family commitments etc.) - not Fish - who would've said that with a straight face. He was sound as well. I don't mind a bit of flowery, pretentious language either. It's a laugh. It would be boring if we were all the same etc.

He might say that, but he'd be taking the piss. I can actually think of a lad I know (don't see him now like, lives at the opposite end of the country, family commitments etc.) - not Fish - who would've said that with a straight face. He was sound as well. I don't mind a bit of flowery, pretentious language either. It's a laugh. It would be boring if we were all the same etc.

:lol::razz::nufc: pmsl

Aye TR but the very worst kind are the Hyacinth Bucket types, of which there are male versions on here in my view, people who forget their roots.

They're more people pretending to be what they're not though. Which is pretty much what inverted snobbery is (or can be).

My tea is usually meat/fish and a selection of veg & potato which doesn't really work too well the next day. I do bring leftovers if I make chilli or pasta but usually tend to do those over the weekend anyway. Can never be arsed to make anything "nice" during the week. I do perve on other peoples lunches a bit though if they have something that smells amazing when warmed up. :lol:

Generally, food brought to work is:

2 pieces of fruit (snacks), sandwich/wrap & a yoghurt. Boring as.

Edited by Jill

I normally have a canny bit of leftovers from the night before in the winter, but that's only because I normally make loads of soap, casseroles or chillis.

It's not lunch, it's luncheon.

Can you still get Luncheon Vouchers? I never knew what they were but used to see places that accepted them as a kid.

Can you still get Luncheon Vouchers? I never knew what they were but used to see places that accepted them as a kid.

I used to get £3 a month - double at Christmas :lol: - with my pay packet until a couple of years ago when everyone who still had that in their contract got a one off payment (£50 or something). Hardly anywhere would take them but Wetherspoons did so I always saved them up for a free breakfast or beer & burger, usually before away trips.

I normally have a canny bit of leftovers from the night before in the winter, but that's only because I normally make loads of soap, casseroles or chillis.

Not seen Fight Club like? :razz:

I used to get £3 a month - double at Christmas :lol: - with my pay packet until a couple of years ago when everyone who still had that in their contract got a one off payment (£50 or something). Hardly anywhere would take them but Wetherspoons did so I always saved them up for a free breakfast or beer & burger, usually before away trips.

You used to see the stickers on places in town LV - Luncheon Vouchers Accepted. I'm still not sure what the fuck they are tbh :razz:

There was a lad on NO a couple of weeks ago, so incensed by the goings on at NUFC that he posted the following in their "what are you drinking" thread:

Barton, Enrique, Twitter, Liverpool, Ashley.

FUCK THIS SHIT.

Just poured a monster glass of port. Taylor Fladgate, nothing over the top. Some walnuts here at hand. We'll see how this goes.

Just as well Stevie's banned on there. Even I spat my Pimms all over my keyboard.

There was a lad on NO a couple of weeks ago, so incensed by the goings on at NUFC that he posted the following in their "what are you drinking" thread:

FUCK THIS SHIT.

Just poured a monster glass of port. Taylor Fladgate, nothing over the top. Some walnuts here at hand. We'll see how this goes.

Just as well Stevie's banned on there. Even I spat my Pimms all over my keyboard.

Clearly someone with bigger sideboards than Elvis circa 1972.

Anyway this geordie off!!! Mac beats me I reckon, Wacky does, and possibly HMHM too. I don't speak like a pure rarfy, you heard me on the wireless anyway.

Ohh I do lurve a tall ice cold Pimms and lemonade :blush::blush:

I like Pimms too, which probably offsets my feelings about the word "lunch" tbh.

:wub: It's all coming out now.

FUCK THIS SHIT.

Clearly someone with bigger sideboards than Elvis circa 1972.

Anyway this geordie off!!! Mac beats me I reckon, Wacky does, and possibly HMHM too. I don't speak like a pure rarfy, you heard me on the wireless anyway.

Well funnily enough, those you mentioned and yourself, come across to me as 'proper Geordie' :wub: