QPR v NUFC - Monday 12th September. Live on Sky (8pm kick-off)

Tooj

Ive heard this patter from people from Oslo and its suburbs before. And while you might have a point Saltwater, I dont see why you insist on bringing it up on a football forum. Especially considering how they are far from our worst offenders atm.

ewerk brought it up tbf. :lol:

Nah hes right, shouldnt have dragged it in here. Fair point to Ewerk to point it out. As I said, just tried to provide a little political background for what -at the end of the day- still an inproper joke. Sorry again, hope people here dont judge me on something I have regretted saying.

On the German side in the war iirc.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive heard this patter from people from Oslo and its suburbs before. And while you might have a point Saltwater, I dont see why you insist on bringing it up on a football forum. Especially considering how they are far from our worst offenders atm.

Well even though Ewerk dragged it in here, I got banned for that joke, and I guess I should own up to it. As I said, just tried to provide a little political background for what is - at the end of the day - still an inproper joke. Sorry again, hope people here havent judged me completely for a bad joke I shouldnt have written.

You daft racist.

:icon_lol:

Nah hes right, shouldnt have dragged it in here. Fair point to Ewerk to point it out. As I said, just tried to provide a little political background for what -at the end of the day- still an inproper joke. Sorry again, hope people here dont judge me on something I have regretted saying.

They are more like Germans than us imo, whereas I would say the Danes are more lively and free spirited and are more like us. Just my observations.

They are more like Germans than us imo, whereas I would say the Danes are more lively and free spirited and are more like us. Just my observations.

That's about right.

Norway

The Norwegian Volunteers of Waffen SS

"The Norwegians that volunteered to fight on German side during World War 2 have a controversial and often misunderstood history. They have by many been described as the fiercest and best soldiers ever to come out of Norway. Others describe them simply as traitors.

What is a fact is that 15,000 Norwegians volunteered and were willing to fight and give their life for something they truly believed in. A little over 6,000 ended up in service for the [b]Waffen SS,[/b] of which 950 died during the war. Those that were not killed in combat returned to a Norway that wanted revenge. Many spent years in Russian concentration camps after the war, and quite a few were killed there."

Edited by Park Life

Danes are more laid back than most norwegians, construction workers working on top of buildings etc have 3-4 pints in their lunchbreak :icon_lol: They

are notorious tight-pockets though.

That's about right.

Norway

The Norwegian Volunteers of Waffen SS

"The Norwegians that volunteered to fight on German side during World War 2 have a controversial and often misunderstood history. They have by many been described as the fiercest and best soldiers ever to come out of Norway. Others describe them simply as traitors.

What is a fact is that 15,000 Norwegians volunteered and were willing to fight and give their life for something they truly believed in. A little over 6,000 ended up in service for the [b]Waffen SS,[/b] of which 950 died during the war. Those that were not killed in combat returned to a Norway that wanted revenge. Many spent years in Russian concentration camps after the war, and quite a few were killed there."

The Norwegian Labour party rewrote the entire WWII history after 1945. According to them - and to most norwegians - we were fiercely oppressive to the Nazis whereas in reality this was a haven for nazi soldiers. 5 calm years here and then some rattling with sabers and a few blown mailboxes towards the end of the war when it was blatantly obvious Germany would lose, just so we could say " hey we fought too". History is written by the victors.

The Norwegian army and defence was a joke back then and is a joke even today.

When I was in Charleroi for England v Romania, I had an England polo shirt on like a bamp, this Norwegian bloke came up to me in a bar and said he was going to Norway v Slovenia the next day and wanted to wear an England shirt to the game, I said why? It's my dream. I said why didn't you buy one before you came out. "I wanted one from England". So he gave me £50 for my England top, swapped his shirt there and then for mine, and found us a tout who charged us exactly £50 a ticket for the game. I had to go to the match in a fuckin hawaii surfer style buttoned shirt, that was my first realisation that Norwegians were wierdos.

Not enough sunlight.

The sun never gans doon in summer does it? In the north anyway, then complete darkness for 4 month in winter?

:lol::icon_lol:

Krul - 7

Didn't actually have to do much. On one occasion he got caught out when SWP chipped a cross over him. He needs to stick to making a decision of when to come for the ball or not. Too often he comes out, is unsure of what to do, and gets caught in no man's land.

Simpson - 7

Played pretty well I thought. Better than usual.

Coloccini - 7

Decent. Mr Reliable.

Steven Taylor - 6

Decent but petulant.

Ryan Taylor - 2

Absolutely atrocious. Did absolutely nothing well. Poor set pieces, and was absolutely dominated by their attackers. Should be a LM not a LB because he can't defend to save his life.

Obertan - 5

Fairly positive movement and at least he has some pace. A few good passes too. He still looks far, far too shy and lacking in confidence; hence why he rarely tries to take defenders on and rarely if ever shoots for goal.

Cabaye - 6

Anonymous too often. Played too deep and we didn't play to his strengths. A few decent long balls though.

Tiote - 4

Abysmal. Couldn't keep possession, couldn't pass, got beaten too many times. Got his customary yellow card for a show of immaturity again. Absolutely nowhere near what he's capable of.

Gutierrez - 6

Unlike Obertan he's a confident player who gets in to good positions. However he really needed to do a lot more defensively and I was very disappointed in this side of his game. His pace would have helped Ryan Taylor out.

Ameobi - 3

Beyond a joke how he starts ahead of his brother and Ba. Slow, meandering, useless. I like him on his 'on days' but he's not had one of those for a while. Just didn't look interested.

Best - 6

Much better than his strike partner. Got into a few good positions. Better service would have helped him out and he was unlucky not to score.

Ba - 5

Service to him was almost non-existant

Marveaux - 5

Well off the pace.

Sammy Ameobi - 6

Put himself about but didn't have much time or service to do much with the ball.

Krul - 7

Didn't actually have to do much. On one occasion he got caught out when SWP chipped a cross over him. He needs to stick to making a decision of when to come for the ball or not. Too often he comes out, is unsure of what to do, and gets caught in no man's land.

Simpson - 7

Played pretty well I thought. Better than usual.

Coloccini - 7

Decent. Mr Reliable.

Steven Taylor - 6

Decent but petulant.

Ryan Taylor - 2

Absolutely atrocious. Did absolutely nothing well. Poor set pieces, and was absolutely dominated by their attackers. Should be a LM not a LB because he can't defend to save his life.

Obertan - 5

Fairly positive movement and at least he has some pace. A few good passes too. He still looks far, far too shy and lacking in confidence; hence why he rarely tries to take defenders on and rarely if ever shoots for goal.

Cabaye - 6

Anonymous too often. Played too deep and we didn't play to his strengths. A few decent long balls though.

Tiote - 4

Abysmal. Couldn't keep possession, couldn't pass, got beaten too many times. Got his customary yellow card for a show of immaturity again. Absolutely nowhere near what he's capable of.

Gutierrez - 6

Unlike Obertan he's a confident player who gets in to good positions. However he really needed to do a lot more defensively and I was very disappointed in this side of his game. His pace would have helped Ryan Taylor out.

Ameobi - 3

Beyond a joke how he starts ahead of his brother and Ba. Slow, meandering, useless. I like him on his 'on days' but he's not had one of those for a while. Just didn't look interested.

Best - 6

Much better than his strike partner. Got into a few good positions. Better service would have helped him out and he was unlucky not to score.

Ba - 5

Service to him was almost non-existant

Marveaux - 5

Well off the pace.

Sammy Ameobi - 6

Put himself about but didn't have much time or service to do much with the ball.

Stop derailing the thread, you quisling.

Just to break the tension, I love the fact that Stevie went to a World Cup game dressed like Weekend at Bernie's.

:lol: Imagine J69 on holiday, that's how I ended up dressed like :icon_lol: Euro 2000 btw

Im well known for my large collection of Hawaiian shirts like

Just to break the tension, I love the fact that Stevie went to a World Cup game dressed like Weekend at Bernie's.

:lol: Imagine J69 on holiday, that's how I ended up dressed like :icon_lol: Euro 2000 btw

Im well known for my large collection of Hawaiian shirts like

Fair enough, from what I've seen you're more in to dressing like Michael J Fox in teenwolf, you do as well :razz: