QPR v NUFC - Monday 12th September. Live on Sky (8pm kick-off)

Tooj

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad we've got the points on the board and all that. Nowt much to get excited about for us this season but I doubt we'll get dragged into the relegation battle either. We're in a false position, obviously. There was a good reason why they never used to bother with league tables until about 5 or 6 games into the season.

Glad we've got the points on the board and all that. Nowt much to get excited about for us this season but I doubt we'll get dragged into the relegation battle either. We're in a false position, obviously. There was a good reason why they never used to bother with league tables until about 5 or 6 games into the season.

If we win our next 2 games will we be title contenders then? :lol:

If we win our next 2 games will we be title contenders then? :lol:

I'm settling for an assault on the top 4 atm but obviously it's a fluid situation :icon_lol:

Really? You mean they wouldn't even draw one up?

I never knew that!

It's the complete lack of creativity that annoys me, and it's not all down to the midfield. We knocked it across midfield in the second half, to the point where Cabaye needed to look forward, but Shola was hiding behind a defender on the right, they just had nothing to hit and Best isn't strong enough to be the main striker, he needs a proper leader up there with him. We just had fuck all to hit, Shola is an embarrassment yet Keegan was the only manager who could see it. It's fucking annoying, people go on about his hip, but the fact is if his hip makes him that lazy - fuck him off. It's like we're doing him a favour by playing him he's so bone idle.

Absolute miracle we're fourth. When you look at the games, drew with Arsenal who had all of the ball, and in ANY other season would've battered us just in their worst moment in years. Sunderland we could've been 2-0 down at HT, we would have had fuck all to complain about other than the pen if we were, and only started to control the game after the goal. Fulham we couldn't get the ball for 30 minutes against a side who I think will go close to being relegated. QPR another side who WILL be in the mix, a few injuries and they'll have Peter Damage dragged back from Palace, totally and utterly battered us. We've been unbelievably lucky to get even 8 points, and if we don't lift it to levels we haven't seen this season then we'll lose heavily at Villa. Tiote's playing wank, and other than the two centre halfs, none of them (other than CT) normally seem to have any genuine presence or character about them in the same way Nolan, Jose, Barton and Carroll has.

It's almost like people are desperate for it strangely.

No one wants it but we can see it coming.

It's just the way people talk, it's peculiar. It's like the hammering will ease a sense of ambition & positivity that has otherwise been erased by the fat man.

For what it's worth I think we'll find the shape & solidarity lost when Enrique vacated the back 4 once Santon is at left back, this will also give Jonas his attacking freedom back.

It's almost like people are desperate for it strangely.

No one wants it but we can see it coming.

It's just the way people talk, it's peculiar. It's like the hammering will ease a sense of ambition & positivity that has otherwise been erased by the fat man.

For what it's worth I think we'll find the shape & solidarity lost when Enrique vacated the back 4 once Santon is at left back, this will also give Jonas his attacking freedom back.

I sense a new leader of Team Positive.

We are in only our second season since getting promoted from the championship we cannot expect to take the league by storm. Yes we will getting a couple of humpings almost every team does (Arsenal 2 - 8) even us against the scum and Villa last year.

We need to accept staying up is our priority (more so this second year) and it is what we do against the likes of the newly promoted and those near the bottom last year which matters most ie Fulham, QPR, Scum, Wigan, Blackburn.

Our team is lacking in some places but so are other teams we just have to get on with it be gratefull we are where we are and not where we could have been.

It makes a change for the luck to be on our side.

anyway owld Berb clocking out

Really? You mean they wouldn't even draw one up?

I never knew that!

Well the papers didn't bother publishing one anyway.

Yeah that's what I was referring to!

Anyway here's Pardew...

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "I am not disappointed we did not get any more from this game because we did not deserve any more.

"We went with two strikers but with all the exuberance here with all the players they have brought in, maybe I should have helped my central midfielder out.

"Offensively we never created enough to win the game, but on the plus side, defensively we showed what we have been doing all season.

"We don't give much away and there is a spirit in the group that makes it hard for teams to beat us.

"Our flair players were just a little bit off-key tonight. Sometimes when you don't play well, you get beat. We didn't get beaten

We are in only our second season since getting promoted from the championship we cannot expect to take the league by storm. Yes we will getting a couple of humpings almost every team does (Arsenal 2 - 8) even us against the scum and Villa last year.

We need to accept staying up is our priority (more so this second year) and it is what we do against the likes of the newly promoted and those near the bottom last year which matters most ie Fulham, QPR, Scum, Wigan, Blackburn.

Our team is lacking in some places but so are other teams we just have to get on with it be gratefull we are where we are and not where we could have been.

We're not Wigan or Reading or Hull though. We're Newcastle United FC, one of the twenty richest clubs in the world. I totally agree that a club like Reading (who came 8th when they came up) will always be susceptible to a relegation battle the next season, but we're not like any of those clubs.

We should've come top half with the side that got relegated, and the official line we were sold two years ago is there's a five year plan to help us regularly compete for the top 6-top 8, hoping to improve every year. No one can tell me that we are better than we were last season in terms of personnel, it's just not true, there might be a few more but the quality has suffered.

People in the dressing room saying "we'd have lost that last year", total bollocks. Gabbidon and Ferdinand are poor excuses for centre halfs, indeed Gabbidon even couldn't handle Shola at one point when he dragged him over for a blatant pen. Are they seriously trying to tell me, we'd have not got a result, with a confident Jonas with his mate behind him, Barton putting quality in and Nolan and Carroll on the end of things. We are fuckin wank, three goals in four games against sides who won't be anywhere near the top four says it all. In fact three of the four we've played will be bottom eight imo.

I agree with that but the problem was he was a decent base to build on (with good players) and look forward to attack a European position. Now the management have no interest in providing this we are once again hoping for 17th place.

Think we're looking at around about 12th place again with no decent cup runs (unless we're lucky) because we'll 'have to concentrate on the league' so we'll put out poor sides. The owner would be delighted with this outcome too.

I agree with that but the problem was he was a decent base to build on (with good players) and look forward to attack a European position. Now the management have no interest in providing this we are once again hoping for 17th place.

Exactly how I feel. We were in a fantastic position to kick on from last season but now it looks like it'll be an achievement simply to maintain that position. We won't be too close to the relegation places but we'll be even further from the European places. Some progress would be nice to see.

Anyway, as previously stated, four games is too soon to judge much.