Obertan: Earths' gravity is no match for him.

Park Life

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well parky, You only have to look at the wing. You’re going to have Nani and Valencia flying down one way, and then Gabby Obertan’s pace on the opposite side going the other way.” “That match-up alone should whet the appetite.”

:lol:

Edited by Lake Bells tits

He's fit for ManU. :(

Not sure how that happened. Wasn't he out for a month? Injury shouldn't hamper his game too much though to be fair. Can get on with the job of doing fuck all quite nicely injury or no. ;)

These are ALL players who should play right wing/wide ahead of Obertan - Ben Arfa, R.Taylor, Santon (yes, he's also a winger), Jonas, Sammy, Best (yes, I'd rather play him on the wing than Obertan), Guthrie & Marveaux (when fit), Gosling, Abeid.

None might have the exact pace when running at max, but at least they wouldn't give fuck-all like the parsnip head does.

Fuck you all in advance for giving me insulting comments...

Who would people play instead of Obertan?

Bear in mind I think it's quite clear that Ben Arfa doesn't want to play on the wing anymore.

Do you have any statements from the lad where he explicitly tells us he doesnt want to play on the wing? Peculiar, since he has done that both at marseille and on the french national team.

Until then I rather think its pardew who doesnt want to play him there (for some reason)

These are ALL players who should play right wing/wide ahead of Obertan - Ben Arfa, R.Taylor, Santon (yes, he's also a winger), Jonas, Sammy, Best (yes, I'd rather play him on the wing than Obertan), Guthrie & Marveaux (when fit), Gosling, Abeid.

None might have the exact pace when running at max, but at least they wouldn't give fuck-all like the parsnip head does.

Would but its not happening, yes, no hes not, who plays on the left?, maybe, no, no, not fit point moot, no, total unknown

no shit, but you are horrifically wrong

Would but its not happening, yes, no hes not, who plays on the left?, maybe, no, no, not fit point moot, no, total unknown

no shit, but you are horrifically wrong

you didn't get my point...anyone should be better than playing with 10 men + some guy with a bald head and a fake football license,

Edited by Aeris

Still leaving us with obertan as the only right-winger? Removing a striker and going with 3 CMs doesnt adress that.

So how do you want us to play then?

4-3-3 perhaps. Try something new at least, our current 4-4-2 have been found out and with 2 poor wingers we need to dare to try new things.

Obertan wasn't awful at Man U away, iirc. Maybe the challenge of playing against his former club would eke a slightly better performance out of him again. The only other option really would be to start Sammy (no thanks) or play R. Taylor (not the worst idea but not sure if Pardew has any intention of doing this.)

Lets say could. We dont know. At the moment Im happy with any formation which leaves obertan out of the team, I have that little faith in him. His only trait ( pace ) is wasted due to the fact that he always seems to cut in...