Sports Direct FC

Holden McGroin

Guest CabayeAye

How they got away with the whole wimbledon/mk dons thing I'll never know. The Football League should've ran them out of town or made them start at the bottom of the football pyramid. Cowards.

FIFA/UEFA/FA are all cuntfests of the highest order. If I was a multi-billionaire, my legacy would be starting an alternate FIFA and inviting all the Continental associations to join by backing them with money. Diving would be outlawed, wage caps would come in and transfer fees would be banned forcing players/clubs to see out their contracts.

Maybe I'm wrong, but what MA seems all about is maximising brand power ... hence, of course, the Sports Direct Arena and the way he's splashed SD all over the building itself.

Along with that, he knows that "Newcastle United Football Club" is a world-known brand. (Among the top eight in the world ... wasn't it recently calculated when people were trying to find out how much we'd get from any changes of TV rights deals?)

Outside of the UK, no-one knows the name "Sports Direct" and he can't market from a zilch level of public perception ... while he can do that with the NUFC brand. He's hitching his wagon to the NUFC name.

He's fine with changing SJP's name because it's only known to a limited degree ... and while Newcastle United isn't quite as well-known to the overseas layperson as Liverpool, Braca or Man U, it's still a recognisable brand name that people will have some perceptive link to.

Llambias stated that SJP's name was changed after consultation with various 'knowledgeable' marketing companies. Those same marketing companies aren't gonna suggest changing NUFC's name.

That MA seems to know the worth of brand power MIGHT be our saving grace when it comes to our club name.

I hope ...

Edited by dbsweeney

Will never happen. Not in a million years. The fat prick would have to go into hiding, desert style, and I'm pretty sure there are no pie shops in the desert. Plus his bleached peanut complexion wouldn't stand up to the intensity of the hot peninsula sun. Lawrence of Arabia he is not. :glare:

Maybe I'm wrong, but what MA seems all about is maximising brand power ... hence, of course, the Sports Direct Arena and the way he's splashed SD all over the building itself.

Along with that, he knows that "Newcastle United Football Club" is a world-known brand. (Among the top eight in the world ... wasn't it recently calculated when people were trying to find out how much we'd get from any changes of TV rights deals?)

Outside of the UK, no-one knows the name "Sports Direct" and he can't market from a zilch level of public perception ... while he can do that with the NUFC brand. He's hitching his wagon to the NUFC name.

He's fine with changing SJP's name because it's only known to a limited degree ... and while Newcastle United isn't quite as well-known to the overseas layperson as Liverpool, Braca or Man U, it's still a recognisable brand name that people will have some perceptive link to.

Llambias stated that SJP's name was changed after consultation with various 'knowledgeable' marketing companies. Those same marketing companies aren't gonna suggest changing NUFC's name.

That MA seems to know the worth of brand power MIGHT be our saving grace when it comes to our club name.

I hope ...

I'd expect that they didnt consult a marketing team. They have no plans of selling the rights. MA just wants some free advertising. I wonder how long the "showcasing" will go on for?

Actually, bearing in mind Satan owns the following brands I guess any would be applicable if he wanted to 'showcase' their names as new club names:

Antigua

Carlton

Dunlop

Donnay

GoldDigga

Everlast

Kangol

Karrimor

Lonsdale

No Fear

Slazenger

Voodoo Dolls

Just add an 'FC' or 'Utd' at the end of any of them and he'd be cooking with gas :glare:

I dont think there is any chance of him rebranding the club but I would say there is a decent chance one of the above shite,cheap,chavtastic brands could be on the next shirt, should no one come in with what he would consider enough money for the stadium/shirt rights

Won't happen, I would suspect the lease on the ground is to Newcastle United (or NUFC Ltd or some such) can't see the council agreeing to continue the lease for what would be a totally new "entity"

The lease wouldn't be an issue.

I'm guessing they'd need approval from the FA though for a name change, which of course would never be given.

I suspect the fans of Wimbledon thought the same before they got changed to MK Dons...

Sports Direct United? Newcastle Direct? Lonsdale FC?

You're comparing us to Wimbledon? Even you must know that's a stupid comparison.

there are some people [one I can think of] who has claimed that - because they have won the FA Cup in fairly recent memory - it epitomises how our 15 years and the massive leaps the club taken, were irrelevant and a "waste of time".

Since then though, our average league position and crowds have gone downwards and he still claims the new man is "better".

Won't happen, I would suspect the lease on the ground is to Newcastle United (or NUFC Ltd or some such) can't see the council agreeing to continue the lease for what would be a totally new "entity"

I'm guessing they'd need approval from the FA though for a name change, which of course would never be given.

I suspect the fans of Wimbledon thought the same before they got changed to MK Dons...

You're comparing us to Wimbledon? Even you must know that's a stupid comparison.

there are some people [one I can think of] who has claimed that - because they have won the FA Cup in fairly recent memory - it epitomises how our 15 years and the massive leaps the club taken, were irrelevant and a "waste of time".

Since then though, our average league position and crowds have gone downwards and he still claims the new man is "better".

I take it all back, you're clearly not mental at all.

If he can rename St. James, he can rename the club. Will be interesting to watch the people on N-O defend that :lol:

aye man burrits his club innit, he saved us so's he can dee wharee wants oh and the 500 billion hes promised uz will come in handy

I take it all back, you're clearly not mental at all.

clearly, you have an amazing knowledge of the club which stretches back decades and the thick end of 1000 attended games since the early 1960's.

If he can rename St. James, he can rename the club. Will be interesting to watch the people on N-O defend that :lol:

aye man burrits his club innit, he saved us so's he can dee wharee wants oh and the 500 billion hes promised uz will come in handy

was it Toonpack who said that ?

To be fair, others on skunkers say it too, not just NO.

was it Toonpack who said that ?

To be fair, others on skunkers say it too, not just NO.

You thick fucker, no-one has said that, it was patently a Pud-ism :lol:

Cue - You might not have said it,but that's what you meant, 5th best in the history of the universe etc etc I even know what Freddie is thinking, he says one thing, but I know he means the opposite (and he's right).

:lol: