Carroll`s career so far in Liverpool

Lake Bells tits

Both seemingly difficult characters to manage but completely different problems.

aye, and pardew has proven he can manage both.

i wouldn't be put off by that aspect of loaning or re-signing carroll. the issue is whether there's a place in the starting lineup now to justify the high wages or fee.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardew's managed both of them reasonably well for half a season each. He hasn't really proved he can successfully manage either long-term. That's not being churlish, I just mention it because everything I've heard about Carroll suggests he's an absolute knacker. I'm still excited at the prospect of this deal mind.

Just heard Kuyt was on 80k per week and Maxi on 90K. That's mental. Carra currently earning £114k and Glen Johnson on over £100k

I'm sure Cole & Aquilani are on big wages too, if they can shift them.

I think its little to do with Carroll as a person and more to do with Rodgers raising cash for his own signings. Do they ahve any other assets that could conceiveably raise 15-20mill?

I think you're on to something there. He doesn't fit into the way Rodgers wants to play and he's a very saleable asset. Also a legacy of the Dalglish era because of the ridiculous fee.

I can't see us paying the £20 million which has been touted. If he came I would us to keep Cisse and Ba, i think our attack would look good although I can't see us focusing the team around Andy this time.

Just heard Kuyt was on 80k per week and Maxi on 90K. That's mental. Carra currently earning £114k and Glen Johnson on over £100k

WTF?

aye, and pardew has proven he can manage both.

i wouldn't be put off by that aspect of loaning or re-signing carroll. the issue is whether there's a place in the starting lineup now to justify the high wages or fee.

Carroll played about three games for Pardew.

There's a big difference between managing a moody Frenchman and a part-neanderthal geordie who had to be babysat by the club captain.

I'm not saying that Pardew can't handle him but he hasn't had any experience of it yet. That's why the loan before we buy is the key to this deal. If Carroll comes back and acts the twat then we can say goodbye to him at the end of the season.

Pardew's managed both of them reasonably well for half a season each. He hasn't really proved he can successfully manage either long-term. That's not being churlish, I just mention it because everything I've heard about Carroll suggests he's an absolute knacker. I'm still excited at the prospect of this deal mind.

what have you heard? he looks a fairly uncomplicated geordie charver - likes a drink and can get himself into the odd scrape. is it something worse than that?

my old man saw him out and about in a pub and said he can see why he gets into bother. this massive lad with an italian footballer faircut and an effeminate voice. he said you'd think he was gay if you didn't know he wasn't.

Carroll played about three games for Pardew.

There's a big difference between managing a moody Frenchman and a part-neanderthal geordie who had to be babysat by the club captain.

I'm not saying that Pardew can't handle him but he hasn't had any experience of it yet. That's why the loan before we buy is the key to this deal. If Carroll comes back and acts the twat then we can say goodbye to him at the end of the season.

he had half a season where he played his best football for us. it was the form - and the 11 goals in 19 games - that carroll showed under pardew's management that led to the move to liverpool

Cole on 90k plus trophy bonus.

he had half a season where he played his best football for us. it was the form - and the 11 goals in 19 games - that carroll showed under pardew's management that led to the move to liverpool

Pardew came in in December, I don't think that Carroll played for us at all in January. So it was about a month, rather than half a season. ;)

what have you heard? he looks a fairly uncomplicated geordie charver - likes a drink and can get himself into the odd scrape. is it something worse than that?

my old man saw him out and about in a pub and said he can see why he gets into bother. this massive lad with an italian footballer faircut and an effeminate voice. he said you'd think he was gay if you didn't know he wasn't.

That's it in the main, plus he likes hitting lasses and is thick as fuck. That's problematic if he doesn't rein it in. He's not the sort of player who can stroll about like Ibrahimovic. His game is all about his physicality which demands that he's fit enough to be getting into the faces of the opposition centre-backs. He's mobile for his size too. You take away that edge and the level of fitness required and, to me, he's just A. N. Other big lump tbh. Basically I'd like him here but he comes with a risk because of his suspect attitude / lifestyle. I agree we should ideally look at loan with an agreed fee at the end of it (should we decide we want him). Liverpool are saying no but I'd basically tap Carroll up (as everyone does) and say we want him but it'll have to be a loan. If he refuses to go elsewhere that leaves us in a strong position come the end of August. I think Liverpool are desperate to get rid.

And Hughton (mainly Hughton now I think about it). Didn't Carroll play for Pardew against Liverpool and score (Pardew's 1st game?) then get injured and never play for us again? Bit sketchy on the details but it was something like that I think.

And Hughton (mainly Hughton now I think about it). Didn't Carroll play for Pardew against Liverpool and score (Pardew's 1st game?) then get injured and never play for us again? Bit sketchy on the details but it was something like that I think.

Pardew seems to be a very good man manager, Can't remember us having any player problems recently?? I think if Andy came he would need to realise that he isn't the big man anymore and that the team is not centred around him.

Pardew – who has already seen a move for Luuk de Jong of FC Twente fall through this summer – told the Chronicle: “That whole process is a little bit more involved with the chairman and the board at Liverpool.

“We’ve got a great team here, a great squad, and if Andy Carroll comes it’ll only add to us.”

chronicle

Pardew seems to be a very good man manager, Can't remember us having any player problems recently?? I think if Andy came he would need to realise that he isn't the big man anymore and that the team is not centred around him.

I think he is a good man manager but that has undoubtedly been helped by us not signing players with shite attitudes on the whole. I know you could point to Ben Arfa as a possible in that regard but at least he's young with something to prove not some washed-up has-been on a final pay day. Carroll has a lot to prove too like.

Pardew came in in December, I don't think that Carroll played for us at all in January. So it was about a month, rather than half a season. ;)

oh yeah; well hughton's proved he can manage him. let's get him in as pardew's assistant. sorted.