***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

10 million for Colo. Can't argue with the rest but do you really think we'll keep them?

Who knows? At the same time who could have predicted we would improve so much this time last year if we had got rid of Barton, Nolan and Enrique?

I don't see the point in people worrying about players leaving, especially after some thought Tiote would go in January.

so what happened to the DOF system you championed at Spurs under Ramos and Comolli, and the same system at Newcastle under Wise and Keegan - including your claim that Keegan was irrelevant so long as the club stuck to Wise and retained the DOF system ?

This is about the 4th or 5th request now.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selling players and replacing them with better,cheaper,younger ones is unacceptable

Example?

Cabaye is better and younger than Nolan

Both BA and Cisse were cheaper and are better than Carroll

Tiote is better than any cdm in recent history and cost relative peanuts.

Colo cost a lot less than the previous lot spunked on Boumsong

Some people love to get hung up on negatives, which I agree there have been plenty but this is the best side in ages

I think quoting Birmingham as an example rather than Liverpool is as big a negative as its possible to be.

10 million for Colo. Can't argue with the rest but do you really think we'll keep them?

Who knows? At the same time who could have predicted we would improve so much this time last year if we had got rid of Barton, Nolan and Enrique?

I don't see the point in people worrying about players leaving, especially after some thought Tiote would go in January.

so what happened to the DOF system you championed at Spurs under Ramos and Comolli, and the same system at Newcastle under Wise and Keegan - including your claim that Keegan was irrelevant so long as the club stuck to Wise and retained the DOF system ?

:lol: As already pointed out, this is the same DoF system at Liverpool with Dalglish and Comilli that you're praising?

and they have a trophy, and will continue to build on it, so you can spout finance as much as you like, but in the footballing world, they have shown their intentions and that makes them a very attractive club to play for again, miles superior than the one who has just sold them 2 of their best players and show every indication of continuing that path.

So who are the fools, and who is the more attractive club ?

They are all you LM! or at least they are all in your head!

Of course there is! Are you mental in the head? What have we been discussing for the last week? Tottenham 162m Villa 89m Newcastle 88m Everton 82m Sunderland 81m. Fulham - fuck knows.

Don't want to repeat what's in the debt thread, but just wanted to refer back to Stevie's post on forecasted figures here. Villa have announced revenue of £92m. 1.2% up on last year, despite crowds being down 12%.

So 1.2% up but losses of >£50M Mind thats including player sales, not just operational.

Includes £37 million raised through the sales of Stewart Downing to Liverpool and Ashley Young to Man U

And £12m to pay off Houllier and his staff

:o

Edited by Happy Face

So 1.2% up but losses of >£50M Mind thats including player sales, not just operational.

Includes £37 million raised through the sales of Stewart Downing to Liverpool and Ashley Young

:o

Aye, that and buying Bent from the Mackems

Am confused HF, Villa's quoted revenue for last year includes player trading but ours doesn't then?

No idea. Where have I said what ours is?

I was wrong in my earlier post. Different sources reporting different things...

In the year in which Villa’s major dealings were selling James Milner and breaking their transfer record to sign Darren Bent, the club spent £32.4 million on players, but recouped £18.8m.

This period also included the captures of Stephen Ireland and Jean Makoun.

The figures released yesterday do not include income from last summer’s sales of Stewart Downing and Ashley Young which are believed to have generated more than £35 million for Villa, nor the purchases of Charles N’Zogbia, Shay Given and Alan Hutton.

Villa were particularly pleased to grow their commercial revenue by more than £2 million to almost £17 million.

Read More

Their commercial revenue on the up almost 15%, despite the talk of stagnation earlier in the thread.

Reading the details on the UEFA site saying most of European football is showing an increase in revenue but the costs are increasing at a greater rate, hence the changes being made.

:lol: As already pointed out, this is the same DoF system at Liverpool with Dalglish and Comilli that you're praising?

:lol:

:lol:

read the post properly. Both of you. Then grow up. :icon_lol:

Edited by LeazesMag

Guest CabayeAye

Mark Lawrenson on Football Focus:

"The great thing about winning the Carling Cup is that there is still long way of the season to go, and it can give you a lift. If you think Liverpool have chance of finishing fourth, then today is a big game. I don't think they can finish fourth, and think the battle is between Arsenal and Chelsea."

Wow. Not only are we not in the race for fourth, we're not even worthy of a mention'

Villa were particularly pleased to grow their commercial revenue by more than £2 million to almost £17 million.

Read More

Their commercial revenue on the up almost 15%, despite the talk of stagnation earlier in the thread.

They signed a deal with a new shirt sponsor I believe, they also signed a new kit deal recently too to change from Nike so that should boost it next year.

Not sure if the score in the Liverpool game was good for us or not.

We could still come 6th and not qualify for Europe.

If we finish 6th I'll be delighted and would look at not getting into Europe as only a very small detraction from what would have been a brilliant season.

Read More

They signed a deal with a new shirt sponsor I believe, they also signed a new kit deal recently too to change from Nike so that should boost it next year.

They had previously donated their shirt sponsorship to a charity so that would account for some of their commercial revenue growth.

Played 27 Points 44

I don't think my nerves can take many more games like that, it definitely feels like 4 points dropped from our last 2 games as this is the time we thought we could kick on with Tiote and Cabaye back but rather than doing that we've put in 2 awful performances up to half time yesterday. We've gone from a team that could mix up play to repetitive long ball stuff since the Man Utd game (apart from the second half at QPR) and I'm starting to think the pressure is getting to the team, I've seen the highlights and noticed Ba telling the guys at the back to keep it on the floor.

I'm not sure what Pardew said at half time but it worked, the first half performance just wasn't acceptable but some tinkering of the set up had us coming out much more dominant the second half, I know we can't keep up that pace for 90 minutes every game but it was a performance we all know we're capable of.

The change to what looked like a 4-3-3 worked, however we've seen it work when we've changed it against QPR too yet when we've started with the formation it's been terrible. I thought Ben Arfa was excellent when he came on too but we've seen with his performance against Wolves that there just isn't any consistency there, hopefully he gets rewarded with a start against Arsenal as he deserves it.

Arsenal next, a game I expect to walk away with nothing from after their last 2 performances in the league but you never know.

Fingers crossed Chelsea win tomorrow...

Great result for us with Chelsea winning tonight, now we need Spurs to beat Stevenage tomorrow to give us a quarter final of...

Spurs vs Bolton

Chelsea vs Leicester

Liverpool vs Stoke

Everton vs Sunderland