***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

For all of the mass ridiculing of LM, how anyone can say we are not a selling club beggars belief. The fact is rightly or wrongly if a bid comes in at the maximum value (or higher) that we rate a player we'll sell. I don't think it was wrong to sell Carroll for £35m, he's a big £10m striker, but what is the point when it's not being invested properly? We have surplus cash through our transfer dealings, how anyone can deny that beggars belief, and the point LM makes is we're two players from being a very good side. He's right, well he's not right, I think we're four players away from being a better squad of players than Liverpool. The fact is we have the money to do it, not money he'll have to fork out of his billions, surplus money from the £51m we generated last year. Are we going to sit on our hands and do fuck all, when we have (by luck) got this brilliant opportunity?

Tiote is away, every time I've come up with a piece of ITK I've been right, all I'm saying is he's going to Chelsea in June for £23m. Ba may stay, but Tiote is a player we can't replace. You replace players like him with Michael Essien, I don't mind the fact we can't pay £20m+ for players, but at least keep the best fucking ones so we have a chance to grow. There's no reason to sell Tiote. He has a good attitude, he's an absolute rock in the middle of the park and he on the face of it is happy here. I agree with LM, a lot of people saying things in hindsight here, regarding the side we have, it was good business yes, very good business, but we're known as a selling club, when the fact is we're financially secure enough to hold our own. The success (comparatively) of late, has been the result of luck. That fat bastard had no idea what a success Carr and Pardew would make of it, they were given a remit buy cheap, sell high, repeat ad finitum.

of course, all this is correct, I don't give a toss what out of towners etc think of what I say though Stevie, they are only showing how little they know, especially the ones who don't attend games yet still think they know everything.

Time will tell. It's very sad, that so many people have been taken in by this clown of an owner. Newcastle United are now existing like they did under the owners of the 1970's and 80's. This is the very best it will ever get under Mike Ashley, I've explained why, and why people are happy and "enjoying" under-achievement is completely beyond me.

We will always sell our best players and behave like a small club while this man owns us, the the scary thing is, as a top premiership club is the ideal vehicle to sit alongside a worldwide Sports company, he may be here for the long haul.

Well to be honest I've really enjoyed this season, and I honestly hope it continues, but we are the Aldi of football clubs, where we are is down to luck rather than some ground breaking plan. That said I must repeat if it keeps working great, but don't fucking stand still when we've come this far, especially as we have a really solid base now with a genuine chance of breaking up there. This is not deluded, Chelsea are shit, their best players and late 20's to mid 30's they will sooner or later need 7 or 8 new faces to compete that's a fact. You take van Persie away, we're as good if not better than Arsenal, and there's no difference in quality between our best eleven and the dippers. That's not being deluded, tell me if I am, and the point is a little push and we can cement our place as part of a big seven maybe even considering the CL as a remote possibility every season. It's up to Ashley, but I wish people would fuck off sucking his cock, it gets on my tits, and it's fucking clueless.

I agree with you, especially the last bit, there are too many people sucking his cock, and its because they are deluded and know nowt, basically.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of the mass ridiculing of LM, how anyone can say we are not a selling club beggars belief. The fact is rightly or wrongly if a bid comes in at the maximum value (or higher) that we rate a player we'll sell. I don't think it was wrong to sell Carroll for £35m, he's a big £10m striker, but what is the point when it's not being invested properly? We have surplus cash through our transfer dealings, how anyone can deny that beggars belief, and the point LM makes is we're two players from being a very good side. He's right, well he's not right, I think we're four players away from being a better squad of players than Liverpool. The fact is we have the money to do it, not money he'll have to fork out of his billions, surplus money from the £51m we generated last year. Are we going to sit on our hands and do fuck all, when we have (by luck) got this brilliant opportunity?

Tiote is away, every time I've come up with a piece of ITK I've been right, all I'm saying is he's going to Chelsea in June for £23m. Ba may stay, but Tiote is a player we can't replace. You replace players like him with Michael Essien, I don't mind the fact we can't pay £20m+ for players, but at least keep the best fucking ones so we have a chance to grow. There's no reason to sell Tiote. He has a good attitude, he's an absolute rock in the middle of the park and he on the face of it is happy here. I agree with LM, a lot of people saying things in hindsight here, regarding the side we have, it was good business yes, very good business, but we're known as a selling club, when the fact is we're financially secure enough to hold our own. The success (comparatively) of late, has been the result of luck. That fat bastard had no idea what a success Carr and Pardew would make of it, they were given a remit buy cheap, sell high, repeat ad finitum.

of course, all this is correct, I don't give a toss what out of towners etc think of what I say though Stevie, they are only showing how little they know, especially the ones who don't attend games yet still think they know everything.

Time will tell. It's very sad, that so many people have been taken in by this clown of an owner. Newcastle United are now existing like they did under the owners of the 1970's and 80's. This is the very best it will ever get under Mike Ashley, I've explained why, and why people are happy and "enjoying" under-achievement is completely beyond me.

We will always sell our best players and behave like a small club while this man owns us, the the scary thing is, as a top premiership club is the ideal vehicle to sit alongside a worldwide Sports company, he may be here for the long haul.

You clearly do care what out of towners think, or you wouldn't keep replying to them.

I like to tell them they are talking shite.

Which they are.

who exactly is sucking ashley's cock like stevie? as far as i can see on here, the majority of people on here see him for exactly what he is.

rubbish, half the board is sucking his cock.

You are so obsessed with me, and avoiding admitting you have called it all wrong while you moan on for something you equally moaned about when you had it, you don't notice.

Edited by LeazesMag

I agree with you, especially the last bit, there are too many people sucking his cock, and its because they are deluded and know nowt, basically.

:lol:

You are the only one saying that people are so no suprises that you agree with yourself. Not surprised you forget what you have said. You sure as hell can't remember what anyone else has said so why should you remember what you have said yourself. Or was it the others again Leazes? Answer the question. Typical. Pipe down. Answer the question. Pocketing the cash etc.

Another one of Leazes problems appears to be that a he thinks a top striker would cost '£3 or £4 million'.

what ? Are you oh drugs or drinking again

What would you pay (for Carroll)?

Probably 3 or 4 million quid or thereabouts.

No. But I hope for your sake that you are. Can't you remember what you said an hour ago.

We've got surplus cash if you take the view that every penny of transfer sales should go on transfer spend. Ashley doesnt take that view because you obviously also have to pay for those players once theyre here and obviously theyre going to want more wages than those leaving. If a trainee goes for £35 million, what does a £35 million replacement come in for? They'll expect four or five times the wages-so over 5 years that might cost an extra £20 million again than the original player was on. It's an extreme example but it's the bit that just gets ignored as the debate gets over simplified. It's the wages he's got an issue with rather than transfer fees per se imho. Hence why Barton can go on a free etc etc.

So yeah as long as players are looking for more than the ceiling in wages they'll go and as long as there are daft bids (Carroll) they'll go. Theres only a few clubs who can offer this though and Leazes has already said that we shouldnt compete with those teams financially, so the ridicule is deserved because he's just shouting slogans at the end of the day and contradicting himself. That and he's stuck in the past.

nb even Chelsea have tried to get Cahill on his existing Bolton wages so it'll be interesting to see where their policy is going in terms of which clubs are likely to just walk in and throw trucks of money at our players.

The wage issue is a valid point, but Tottenham are managing with a ceiling of £75,000 a week, with TV revenues going up every season, and no doubt commercial ventures will increase as our profile continues to rise, why is 75k a week such an obscene figure? We were paying Owen £103,000 a week plus bonuses. Owen and Martins must've been the straw that broke the camels back, but Tottenham are managing with that, and Arsenal did for years, so I don't see why that ceiling is beyond us. Fucking Everton's wage bill is higher than ours. Everton!??

Aye, this is what I mean though, there will be a time when we do need to increase the ceiling or put in place some sort of imaginative loyalty/bonus system which allows us continue to progress. We will plateau if we don't and that's a massive issue. Whether he does that or not is another matter. On the whole I think it's likely that he won't (or more probably won't go quite far enough when it's vital he does]

congratulations for finally repeating what I've told you for years, while you said it was shite.

but the point about us just having £35 million sloshing around for a replacement £35 million striker is over simplifying it (or at the very least not being realistic, because we know Ashley doesn't think that way anyway).

Either way though, it'll be decided by what he feels that increment can sustainably be across the team rather than what one £35 million headline transfer replacement decides he wants per week now he's some sort of superstar. I can understand a massive signing pacifying a few, but we never win fuck all anyway so I'm content as long as the overall picture is upward. I'm not deluded in thinking it's inevitable it will be, far from it, but we were expected to be relegated just over a year ago and now the demand is Europe, so if we reach that target it'll be testament to what a certain approach can achieve. The big signing(s) have to come when they are demonstrably a step up from the recent crop we've brought in for modest fees. So far the cheaper players have been better than the 'big' players we've let go by and large. It's when that dynamic changes that there is no option than to look at the bigger 'names'/fees.

As I said above. Do you think he will do it, or "lose" the money, or use the club as a vehicle for sports Direct [as I've told you for years which you have also dismissed].

Go on, say something worthwhile. Nobody will laugh at you if you are incorrect or anything.

I don't see what's wrong with continuing to despise the regime and accept that there's no real prospect of long term success while taking simple pleasure in how the team is doing.

I honestly think Leazes thinks that relishing the current position equates to being an Ashley fan.

You are the only one saying that people are so no suprises that you agree with yourself. Not surprised you forget what you have said. You sure as hell can't remember what anyone else has said so why should you remember what you have said yourself. Or was it the others again Leazes? Answer the question. Typical. Pipe down. Answer the question. Pocketing the cash etc.

where is the Carroll money ?

You're an out of towner, that knows fuck all. Say something, or say nothing.

We sold players and we bought better ones cheaper, I would say we are maybe 2 players away from being a very good team.

Is that a selling club??

Of course we are a selling club, surely even you can see that.

Do you think we will build on this season by keeping our best players and adding quality players to the squad in order to push on?

Do you think Cabaye, Ba, Krul, Tiote, coloccini etc will all be here at the start of next season or do you think one or more will be sold and replaced by a cheaper alternative?

Its obvious to anyone and everyone we are a selling club and to suggest otherwise is nonsense.

Depends if massive bids come in(Carroll) or players close to the end of their contracts(Enrique) decide they want to leave.

We cant compete financially with some clubs and if these clubs come in with the right bid, massive wages and will offer champions league and a title challenge then there's every chance they will be off. Arsenal lost two of their most influential players last year, if Arsenal can't keep players then it goes to show the state of football.

It's upto the club to replace any player that leaves with a player of similar or better ability. I would say this has been done recently

I know that good strikers are worth more than £3 or £4 million.

The point regarding the wages being a part of his thinking in any deal is a valid one, and only valid because this is how Mike Ashley thinks. Literally ANY other chairman, signs someone and their wage is calculated over a say a 5 year period. It's always worked that way so say we sign Cissokho on 50k a week, his wage will be £2.5m a year calculated in say 2016's wage budget of say £55m. It's a natural outgoing of a club per season. Ashley doesn't think that way, and the £35m for Carroll will be swallowed up by 5 year contracts. It's an absolute fucking joke, and there's no other way to look at it.

I don't see what's wrong with continuing to despise the regime and accept that there's no real prospect of long term success while taking simple pleasure in how the team is doing.

I honestly think Leazes thinks that relishing the current position equates to being an Ashley fan.

"anyone but Fred would do better than this". Still waiting, while people suck up to Ashley and insist he has and is doing better. So show me the league positions ?

Who, anywhere has said this about Ashley? Maybe the apologists that didn't exist in the thread you started. Prove it or shut up, simple

Another one of Leazes problems appears to be that a he thinks a top striker would cost '£3 or £4 million'.

what ? Are you oh drugs or drinking again

What would you pay (for Carroll)?

Probably 3 or 4 million quid or thereabouts.

No. But I hope for your sake that you are. Can't you remember what you said an hour ago.

quote the post properly and learn to read, you utter clueless cunt. :icon_lol:

"anyone but Fred would do better than this". Still waiting, while people suck up to Ashley and insist he has and is doing better. So show me the league positions ?

Who, anywhere has said this about Ashley? Maybe the apologists that didn't exist in the thread you started. Prove it or shut up, simple

ah, you're a newcomer. That explains everything.

The point regarding the wages being a part of his thinking in any deal is a valid one, and only valid because this is how Mike Ashley thinks. Literally ANY other chairman, signs someone and their wage is calculated over a say a 5 year period. It's always worked that way so say we sign Cissokho on 50k a week, his wage will be £2.5m a year calculated in say 2016's wage budget of say £55m. It's a natural outgoing of a club per season. Ashley doesn't think that way, and the £35m for Carroll will be swallowed up by 5 year contracts. It's an absolute fucking joke, and there's no other way to look at it.

No one disagrees that Ashley is rightly viewed as a cunt for his approach with the club. I think that view is almost uncontested except for the contrarians that exist only in Leazes head.

What he did would make sense if the £35m was taken to be extraordinary income and used in addition to our planned expenditure. However, it hasn't. And given that we're supposed to be near breaking even and looking like we may earn more money than planned through our league position then, 'where has the money gone?' is a valid question.

I know that good strikers are worth more than £3 or £4 million.

apparently Mike Ashley thinks that's all they cost.

Edited by LeazesMag

Answer the point and provide evidence, if you want to constantly say people are saying Ashley is doing better then provide examples or admit its not true and stop saying it

There are none. Leazes just got sick of spouting the same old shit into the ether. Now an imaginery reply of 'Present Ashley's cock' comes back. I would worry if such homoerotic conversations were taking place in my mind.