Newcastle v Chelsea Sat 3rd Dec, 12.45pm - Sold out!

ChezGiven

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst performance so far this season for sure

First half maybe, but then we had an untried formation.

I've never seen such an unfair scoreline in my life. Absolutely no luck whatsoever today apart from that Sturridge miss off the post in the first half.

Unfair yes, Chelski weren't any good, yet they beat us 3-0. Yes we were unlucky but that's not the whole story.

Not sure why you're bringing the scoreline up. They scored their second and third when we had Taylor either injured or off the pitch. They had their chances in the first half and didn't take them, and we were comfortably the better side in the second. We didn't take our chances either in that respect but to hit the post 3 times, to have a goal saved off the line, to not be against 10 men for most of the match tells a lot of the story tbh.

Fair enough, I shouldn't have mentioned the scoreline. But I wouldn't say we were "comfortably" the better side in the second. We needed to score and with Shola on the pitch we started hoofing the ball. Created a few chances, unlucky not to get a goal. But they had loads of chances as well, Tim Krul was out of this world again.

I've never seen such an unfair scoreline in my life. Absolutely no luck whatsoever today apart from that Sturridge miss off the post in the first half.

Unfair yes, Chelski weren't any good, yet they beat us 3-0. Yes we were unlucky but that's not the whole story.

Not sure why you're bringing the scoreline up. They scored their second and third when we had Taylor either injured or off the pitch. They had their chances in the first half and didn't take them, and we were comfortably the better side in the second. We didn't take our chances either in that respect but to hit the post 3 times, to have a goal saved off the line, to not be against 10 men for most of the match tells a lot of the story tbh.

Fair enough, I shouldn't have mentioned the scoreline. But I wouldn't say we were "comfortably" the better side in the second. We needed to score and with Shola on the pitch we started hoofing the ball. Created a few chances, unlucky not to get a goal. But they had loads of chances as well, Tim Krul was out of this world again.

Comfortable was probably a bit over the top from me, admittedly.

These 'easy' games coming up are absolutely huge now and I'll go into them full of nerves.

Comfortable was probably a bit over the top from me, admittedly.

These 'easy' games coming up are absolutely huge now and I'll go into them full of nerves.

Yup, agreed. Especially with those injuries.

That was a nightmare. I hope that prick Dean never shows his face at SJP again. He's certainly got no right to after that farcical performance.

Krul was immense, as was S. Taylor until he got injured, and who knows how long he'll be out now. HBA did nothing. Ba was very unlucky. We sorely missed Jonas.

I think we've seen Tiote's last game in black and white, personally. I can only hope the injuries to Taylor and Colo aren't serious, and that we'll be ready to give as much effort against Norwich as we did today.

Lack of depth and poor refereeing cost us there, I've seen enough of Obertan now time he was dropped. R.Taylor was also very disappointing again didn't seem to realise that Sturridge was a constant threat and kept pressing and leaving him with yards of space. Disappointing but the fact I am shows how well we've been playing, very poor today just really hope Colo and Taylor aren't out for any games because Perch is a total liability.

Pardew's statement last Sunday about needing "two players" in the coming window is totally unsatisfactory.

At least 2 defenders are needed plus giving the likes of Ferguson and Kadar a chance. Another striker is needed. Another winger is needed. We are playing players out of their natural position and it's not working.

That defence after Colo went off ffs. It was 4 players just running around near our box, sort of tracking Chelsea shirts and then usually forgetting which one they were supposed to be marking. Simpson was a disgrace today, hopeless in possession. Ryan Taylor is the definition of a confidence player and that confidence is totally shot which doesn't bode well. Shola was immense, Cabaye was good. Any other day, we'd have had a result but we had nee luck at all.

The ref's decision was shocking RE Luiz, but we had more than enough time to make up for it. I wouldn't blame the defenders, we defended as badly as we could have and still only conceded 1 before we went down to 10 men. With Jonas being out of the team we needed the likes of Obertan to step up and contribute. He was fucking abysmal.

Pardew's statement last Sunday about needing "two players" in the coming window is totally unsatisfactory.

At least 2 defenders are needed plus giving the likes of Ferguson and Kadar a chance. Another striker is needed. Another winger is needed. We are playing players out of their natural position and it's not working.

Aye, the sequence of play in the 2nd half where Obertan was played in wonderfully by ameobi to proceed to put a woeful ball in which fell to R.Taylor who done well and dummied his man which give him as long as he wanted for him to put the ball about 20 foot above everyone showed we're desperate for a player who can put the ball in, R.Taylor, Simpson, Guti and Obertan none of them deliver decent crosses into the box with any consistency whatsoever especially considering how many times a game they're in good positions.

Krul was immense, as was S. Taylor until he got injured, and who knows how long he'll be out now. HBA did nothing. Ba was very unlucky. We sorely missed Jonas.

Ben Arfa did more than Obertan did. I thought Lovenkrands did alright.

They were both rubbish - Ben Arfa barely touched the ball and Obertan didn't put a good ball in, or make a good run, all match.

We desperately need some defensive cover, and could do with some in just about every other position as well

lets just move on, tbf before we played the three big games we were expecting defeats..now after the 3 games i dont think we played that badly, so should hopefully be back to winning ways next week

That was diabolical, i know we ride our luck in places, but to hammer them for 45 minutes straight, have the bar rattled and line cleared repeatedly while the ref fails to spot the fact that torres kicking away throw in balls and sturridges tantrums - then to concede two on the break after they decided cropping our only decent defender left on the pitch was the only way to settle the game. Despicable.

Gonna be very hard for the rest of the year now with these injuries, never seen a more undeserving win than that.

I thought Lovenkrands wasn't bad either. Some decent wing play at times. It's absolutely mental that we've played as well as we have in these three games and only got 1 point.

Honestly, 2 or 3 additions (even with Tiote out) and we've had got more than 1 point out of it. Our deficiencies are glaring. The club's good position can not be allowed to hide this fact.

It really is imperative that we strengthen when possible and I'm desperate for some of the reserves to get a chance at some point because it really is time for a few of them to step up and prove their worth.

I don't care how high their resale value is, unless we get completely stupid money for them we simply can't afford to lose the likes of Tiote and Coloccini. Even selling them and replacing them for big money wouldn't guarantee success because a replacement might not adapt as well as they have.