Happy Face

Best Album of the Year

I remember going to a Morrissey gig at Sunderland, he introduced himself to the crowd by saying he'd only woke up a couple of hours ago in the only place to be in the North East.... Newcastle. :lol:

I remember going to a Morrissey gig at Sunderland, he introduced himself to the crowd by saying he'd only woke up a couple of hours ago in the only place to be in the North East.... Newcastle. :lol:

:icon_lol:

Thanks for the heads up that the Caribou fella is doing stuff under another name. Downloaded that one on your advice.

Only gig I ever saw in Sunderland was Caribou. Never expected him to do the arena or owt but that mackem pub was beneath him.

I used to go clubbing in Sunderland in the early 90s, saw someone get murdered outside the Blue Monkey whilst off my head. Stopped going there after that.

That Daphi album has some amazing tracks on it. As an album its not that coherent or solid but imo has 2 of the best club tracks of the year on it. It needs full volume and bass of course.

Had a quick blast through The Chromatics last night and this morning and only 2 or 3 tracks jumped out at me. Maybe I need it on in the background when I'm sipping tea on a Zurich hotel balcony.

Listening to Father John Misty, Dirty Projectors and Tallest Man on Earth today. I like the desperate rush to hear everything come the end of the year.

Just updating my 2012 grooveshark playlist and reminded myself of this from months and months ago....

Never got the album, might be a late addition if the rest of it matches up.

I've not found a great deal that I've been massively impressed with this year. Usually I would find it difficult to narrow it down to a top twenty but this year it's a struggle to pick ten I've really enjoyed. It's not been helped that I've been in a shitty mood since I split with my lass a few months ago and I can't motivate myself to listen to anything new. Anyway my top ten would probably be;

10. XX - Coexist

9. Japandroids - Celebration Rock

8. Anais Mitchell - Young Man In America

7. Divine Fits - A Thing Called The Devine Fits

6. Tindersticks - The Something Rain

5. Chromatics - Kill For Love

4. Cat Power - Sun

3. Grizzly Bear - Shields

2. Liars - WIXIW

1. Godspeed You Black Emporer - Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!

Jack White - Blunderbuss

Green Day Uno!/Dos!/¡Tre!

The Jim Jones Revue - The Savage Heart

Tom, did you know Jon Spencer Blues Explosion has new release, Meat & Bone, not sure about it on the first couple of listens.

Nothing really comes to mind but these were worth the effort.

Ringo Deathstarr - Mauve

A Place To Bury Strangers -- Onward To The Wall/Worship

2012 Albums of the Year:

1. Trembling Bells & Bonnie “Prince” Billy – The Marble Downs

2. Godspeed You! Black Emperor – Allelujah! Don’t Bend! Ascend!

3. Neil Young & Crazy Horse – Psychedelic Pill

4. Lightships – Electric Cables

5. Euros Childs – Summer Special

6. The Wedding Present - Valentina

7. Snowgoose – Harmony Springs

8. Fairport Convention – By Popular Request

9. Randolph’s Leap – Introducing

10. That Fucking Tank - TFT

Kendrick Lamar's is a great bit of work. I'm a bit of a freak and could probably list about 50 albums I liked from this year. At some point I'll be getting around to doing that- not as if anyone cares.

I'm a huge Jack White fanboy and I wouldn't put Blunderbuss in the top 50. No joke

Edited by colinh9

I'm a tad late to the party with this but I've just heard it for the first time today and it is a beautiful album.

melodys-echo-chamber.jpg

I'm also now in love with Melody Prochet.