Steven Taylor is out for the season

Ayatollah Hermione

Why was Perch at fault? Because he was beaten in the air by one of the best headers of a ball in the PL? Surely the player who left Mata unmarked at the throw-in was equally if not more culpable than him.

Perch was at fault because he allowed Drogba to have a free (unchallenged) header inside the six yard box.

..and in case you missed it, most of the players thought it was our throw-in. So you can forgive any player, who's not on the fans shit list, trying to lose his man, only to be caught out of position.

Tidied

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why was Perch at fault? Because he was beaten in the air by one of the best headers of a ball in the PL? Surely the player who left Mata unmarked at the throw-in was equally if not more culpable than him.

Perch was at fault because he allowed Drogba to have a free (unchallenged) header inside the six yard box.

..and in case you missed it, most of the players thought it was our throw-in. So you can forgive any player, who's not on the fans shit list, trying to lose his man, only to be caught out of position.

Tidied

Yep. Cabaye's fault just as much as Perch, if not more so. No getting away from it.

Personally I think Drogba & Mata were to blame.

Either way, I only hope they're concentrating on apportioning blame as accurately on the training pitch. I'd hate whoever was responsible to put it out of their mind and move on, in the confidence they won't face players of that quality every week.

Toure making unhappy noises at City. Might be worth a shot, although he does go off to the Cup of Nations in January.

As in Kolo? Or Yaya? Think you mean Kolo as Yaya plays pretty much every week. But regardless, like fuck we'd be able to afford his wages.

Yeah he'll be off for the ANC, though we do need another CB long term anyway so it would be a bit silly perhaps to rule him out just for that. And if he wants to leave City he'll have to take a pay cut most probably no matter where he goes. Anyway I know its a long shot, and bigger clubs might come calling because he is great player at his best. Wont hurt us to make inquiries though, especially for loan.

Edited by aimaad22

AND centre-half...whats up with you guys who dont seem to understand people can master more than one position.

Divvent tell your lass that.

;)

Edited by trophyshy

Surely we've got other CB's from the reserves/youth squad and not just Kadar?

If we are to go for a CB in January it'll either be a loan signing in which i wouldnt mind Onuoha coming in from City who isnt even in their Premier League squad or it'll be a young foreign player much like when we signed Bassong as in someone who wouldnt mind being a bench player and can grow into the team when he's here, because other than those two possibilities were not gonna fork out money for someone to be back-up and you wont find many good players who are happy bench warming.

Surely we've got other CB's from the reserves/youth squad and not just Kadar?

If we are to go for a CB in January it'll either be a loan signing in which i wouldnt mind Onuoha coming in from City who isnt even in their Premier League squad or it'll be a young foreign player much like when we signed Bassong as in someone who wouldnt mind being a bench player and can grow into the team when he's here, because other than those two possibilities were not gonna fork out money for someone to be back-up and you wont find many good players who are happy bench warming.

Is Onuoha actually any decent? I know nowt about him other than he was a starter for the mackems last season.

He's alright according to a few Mackems I know, plus your not gonna get a better option than him for basically nowt as I'm sure City wont mind a small loan fee and paying a majority of his wages as their basically paying him to just play for the reserves, plus it'll be minimal outlay on Ashleys part and he can play full-back too.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew blames referee Mike Dean for injury crisis

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew believes the decision not to send off Chelsea's David Luiz on Saturday has caused the club major injury problems.

Luiz fouled Demba Ba when the Newcastle striker seemed through on goal, but was only booked by referee Mike Dean.

Pardew said that the decision may have changed the game and led to Newcastle "putting in more effort than we've done in any other game this season".

"That's cost us injuries to [Danny] Guthrie and [steven] Taylor," he added.

We ended up with 10 men with not a centre-half on the pitch - I don't ever remember being in that situation before

Fabricio Coloccini was also injured in the 3-0 defeat and is expected to miss the game against Norwich on Saturday with a thigh problem.

Centre-back Taylor will miss the rest of the season with an Achilles problem, while midfielder Guthrie faces a four-to-six week lay-off with a groin injury.

"We ended up with 10 men with not a centre-half on the pitch. I don't ever remember being in that situation before," added Pardew.

Referee Dean admitted to Pardew after the game that Luiz should have seen a straight red for his fourth minute challenge on Senegalese international Ba.

Referring to another referring mistake last weekend, where Stuart Attwell sent off Bolton's Gary Cahill, a decision overturned on appeal, Pardew said: "It's interesting to see both the referee at our place, who admitted to the mistake, and the Bolton referee have got games this weekend."

Pardew is now set to pick utility player James Perch, who came on for Coloccini on Saturday, for Saturday's Premier League clash with Norwich.

Hungarian Tamas Kadar could make his first appearance of the season or the Magpies boss may call on either Davide Santon or Danny Simpson to solve his centre-half dilemma.

Taylor, who has impressed at the Sports Direct Arena this season, has undergone an operation on his injured tendon and is said to be progressing well.

Edited by ewerk