Who has their Decorations Up?

Jan

1st of December for me. Guess im a retard/git uncool

You are, but the camel's back was already broken.

My family put up their decoration mid-December. I might put something over the fireplace and Xmas cards up, but that's about it. Nee kids = not worth the bother imo

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually a couple of Saturdays before Christmas I'll climb up the loft and bring the decorations/tree down and the Wife will put Christmas music on, have some party food out and make an occasion of it with our daughters. All this while I bugger off to the match/have a pint. When I get back there's food still about, everythings up and everyones happy. What's not to like? :D

Usually a couple of Saturdays before Christmas I'll climb up the loft and bring the decorations/tree down and the Wife will put Christmas music on, have some party food out and make an occasion of it with our daughters. All this while I bugger off to the match/have a pint. When I get back there's food still about, everythings up and everyones happy. What's not to like? :D

You lucky lucky lucky bastard :lol:

*makes a note to run this past the wife this year*

I've had the advent candelabra up since the Sunday before last (obviously), but that'll probably be it. Maybe a bit of tinsel round some picture frames. Don't see much point in getting a tree since we won't be spending the Christmas period here anyway.

This'll apply again. Well, even less so, since the pictures haven't gone back up yet even though we moved in in July. :lol: The telly will be an adequate substitute.

I like a bit of Xmas music when the time comes, Phil Spector's Xmas Album, Nat King Cole and Dean Martin sing Xmas (or whatever it's called) plus a bit of Carols from King's. I never really get into the mood until it's the day I break up from work though, which should be the Friday before this year. With me it's always that time just before Xmas when you're finished work and you're chilling after you've pretty much got sorted that feels more much more festive than the actual event itself.

I tend to give Black Eye Friday in the Toon a miss though. Fuck that shit.

I'm quite looking forward to it all this year- finishing the 20th, not going back til the 7th. :drinks:

My decs will go up the weekend of 16th, ( daft hats, Christmas music almost exactly like Alex has listed, party tea for the nippers, mulled wine for me and Mrs. Fist. ).

Aye I can't wait. It's normally Christmas Eve by the time we have everything sorted and can just relax, but once you can just settle down and know that you aren't back to work for a week and a half, it's great. Best time of the year imo. The most wonderful, some would say.

Edited by Gemmill

:lol: they do knock about with a couple of the neighbours, I think, but he's never mentioned a pig in a Panama, so I'm assuming not.

Its an absolute certainty that we know each other. (unless they live in the poorer part). Theres even a older couple a few doors away who have an odd looking son that visits every now and again and walks a bit funny.

May have even exchanged car keys.

Its an absolute certainty that we know each other. (unless they live in the poorer part). Theres even a older couple a few doors away who have an odd looking son that visits every now and again and walks a bit funny.

May have even exchanged car keys.

How is it a certainty like? :lol:

She insists on watching The Holiday and Die Hard every year. Gonna give It's A Wonderful Life a Christmas Eve viewing this year cos she's never seen it.

Love Actually is my guilty Christmas pleasure. :blush: The bit when Emma Thompson realises that her bloke is cheating on her...that's a struggle for me every time. :lol:

She insists on watching The Holiday and Die Hard every year. Gonna give It's A Wonderful Life a Christmas Eve viewing this year cos she's never seen it.

Love Actually is my guilty Christmas pleasure. :blush: The bit when Emma Thompson realises that her bloke is cheating on her...that's a struggle for me every time. :lol:

My favourite film and also usually have to break into a cough to hide the sniffles. :lol:

I also appreciate an hour or so of dad time so I can sit back and soak up The Spirit of St Louis.