Who has their Decorations Up?

Jan

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of my 4 cats have an advent calendar, however my son has 2.

No decorations up here as yet because we're getting the central heating flushed tomorrow and all the radiators have to come off the walls so it'll be carnage. I'm conveniently going into Newcastle for the day to soak up some Christmas atmosphere and hopefully it'll all be done by the time I get home.

Going to spend tomorrow evening with pretty, twinkly Christmas lights, watching X-Factor and wrapping Santa presents. Making gingerbread and putting the tree up on Sunday, and I'm waiting for a special parcel to arrive with lots of beautiful handmade Christmas things for my fireplace - all made by a fab friend of mine,

Very festive :)

I am about to clean all the carpets today then off to choose a tree in the morning, I hate the mess but love it when the tree is all done, my big dilemma is what colour lights to put on the tree! I'm not keen on coloured L.E.D lights so its either traditional fairy lights or all white or all red!

Going to get the tree from Hillheads Farm in half an hour, my 4yr old is coming along to " help" :)

She is so excited- Christmas trees, farms, when I show her the video from Santa she will explode.

http://www.portablenorthpole.tv/home

Shields Christmas Market- any good? Going there after I've got the tree.

• 11 months later...

Quite a few people I know have them up already! Not sure if this is some sort of comfort blanket to take minds off the crap economic circumstances / shit summer etc.

Getting quite tempted myself even though Im traditionally a December 1st man (day after by birthday ;) )

Some time early to mid December. I used to resist until a week before tbf but since the kids are getting older I dont mind as much. I'd draw the line at December though.

There definitely seems a trend in this country that the distance before Christmas you put your decorations up ties in with your social position.

Having a quick gander on google doesnt shine a lot of light on tradition for this sort of thing.

When I was growing up (60's 70's) I think it used to always be 12 days before and down no later than 12 days after. The yanks get them up after thanks giving (4th Thursday in November) which probably explains why in this country its starting to creep back to November for some.

Mid-December here, although I'm moving house in a couple of weeks so I'll be lucky if I've got time! I generally only have a tree and decorate the fireplace anyway. Stopped with any of the hanging-from-the-ceiling crap years ago (yes, I'm talking about decorations!)

2 weeks before xmas at the very earliest or you should be to quote Chris Ramsey on Soccer AM 'Bummed by a horse"

:lol:

Quite a few people I know have them up already! Not sure if this is some sort of comfort blanket to take minds off the crap economic circumstances / shit summer etc.

Getting quite tempted myself even though Im traditionally a December 1st man (day after by birthday ;) )

Did you put yours up early last year CT?

Mid-December here, although I'm moving house in a couple of weeks so I'll be lucky if I've got time! I generally only have a tree and decorate the fireplace anyway. Stopped with any of the hanging-from-the-ceiling crap years ago (yes, I'm talking about decorations!)

Out of enemy territory?

start of december, even then i'm not fussed.

Christmas is shit unless you are a/have young kids who get caught up in Santa coming and the rest.

Same here, although it's not just young kids, my daughter in law starts getting hyper as soon as the first Christmas Coca-cola ads been on TV, first sign it's officially christmas season in her opinion :rolleyes: (she's 25) !!!!!

Same here, although it's not just young kids, my daughter in law starts getting hyper as soon as the first Christmas Coca-cola ads been on TV, first sign it's officially christmas season in her opinion :rolleyes: (she's 25) !!!!!

:lol:

I have one of those.

As it happens the coco cola lorry is at the Metro Centre tomorrow!

You know the rules man... pics or your post will be removed and you'll be banned for a month ;)