Dalglish.

Park Life

If it was virtually anyone else, slagging off his own players would be a sign 'King Kenny' had lost the plot but no, it's "a refreshing bit of honesty" and "just the kick up the backside the players needed". Fuck off.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be honest, Barton putting in the crosses and Nolan getting on the knock downs went a long way to getting us promoted. Those 3 knew how to play with each other. Gerrard and Bellamy could do the same if they weren't glory seeking cunts only interested in their own performances

Eh? Bellamy's always worked hi bollocks off for any team that he's played for.

Blaming Gerrard (who's just come back from injury) and Bellamy for how shit Carroll has been seems a bit 'wide of the mark' like. I realise they don't play to his strengths as much as we did but that shows how one-dimensional Carroll is tbh. I still think he's a canny player having said all that.

Edited by alex

Everyone says he's funny, I don't find him funny, he's a miserable insular Scotsman like Strachan both of who are supposed to have this dry wit, well it passes me by every time. He'll have a nervous breakdown soon anyway like he did for that 4-4 draw been the blue and red dippers in 1991.

Everyone says he's funny, I don't find him funny, he's a miserable insular Scotsman like Strachan both of who are supposed to have this dry wit, well it passes me by every time. He'll have a nervous breakdown soon anyway like he did for that 4-4 draw been the blue and red dippers in 1991.

Aye, whatever his skills and character traits, a sparkling personality certainly isn't one of them.

agree with alex about him being one dimensional but still a decent player.

i wonder now we've got this cisse lad, would anyone take him back? i would, but there'd be no guarantee he'd start all the time with those other two up front and ben arfa pushing for a forward role too. he'd still be a good option to have if you want to mix it up and go dazzler direct. better than the likes of shola and best too, shirley.

still, never been a £35m player. could an old fashioned target man ever be worth that amount? for that cash you'd want a silva or a aguerro.

agree with alex about him being one dimensional but still a decent player.

i wonder now we've got this cisse lad, would anyone take him back? i would

I would take him back at the right price in a shot. He's still a good striker & as things stand it looks likely that Ba will move on in the summer. Yes Liverpool don't play to his strengths, but I bet a healthy percentage of Carroll's goals for us were scored with his feet without the ball having been fizzed into the box from the wing. I think a big part of the problem is he doesn't want to be there and never did.

Won't be available to us at the right price / wages for the forseeable future though. You're right to point out he isn't just a good header of the ball though. He's got a lovely left foot too.

Strachans come out with some good lines in the past. Dalglish has always been an ratty unpleasant bastard in my memory though aye.

I think Strachan's quite funny too. Overrated manager / pundit like. Dalglish on the other hand vacillates between being dour as fuck and virtually incomprehensible.

Strachans come out with some good lines in the past. Dalglish has always been an ratty unpleasant bastard in my memory though aye.

He's a cunt. That Glen Johnson tackle the other week against Citeh was a disgrace. There's no way he could not have seen it, and I have no doubt they'll watch games 2 and 3 times after, when asked about it two days later "I didnae see it", he's become a charicature of himself.

I think Strachan's quite funny too. Overrated manager / pundit like. Dalglish on the other hand vacillates between being dour as fuck and virtually incomprehensible.

1293502134895.gif

I think Strachan's quite funny too.

Reporter: Gordon, can we have a quick word please?

Strachan: Velocity!

Turned in to a miserable as fuck cunt managing Celtic imo. Always looked stressed.

I would say he has spent horribly. Carroll and Hendersen are shit and that accounts for £55mill. That's shit spending in anyone's language.

I can't agree with that. They're not shit - Carroll in particular proved when he was with us that he could be deadly given the right service. It's that point where Dalglish has failed - he's totally overlooked the strengths of the players.

I've heard the same argument from various different Liverpool fans that Carroll's failing is that he's "not playing the Liverpool way". I'm sorry like but what absolute, arrogant dog-shit! If you pledge to spend £35 million on one single player, you should be prepared to build the team around his strengths - not berate him because he's "not fitting into the Liverpool way of things".

He's the most expensive British player there's ever been - yet they're insistent on still building the side around the so called merits of a 32 year old captain who's injury prone and hardly the future.

I said to the missus's Dad a year ago that they needed to make a quality winger their priority in the summer if they want to get anything out of Carroll. Instead they forked out on central midfielders Adam & Henderson and also Downing who wants to play in the middle. Ashley Young would have made them deadly this year but they showed little interest.

Ok. Spending £35m on a player who is one dimensional and performed well for only half a season at the top level is shit spending. Half a season of good form 'proves' nothing. Many other strikers in the past have performed as well as Carroll did for the first 6 months of that season. Doesn't make them brilliant. It doesn't necessarily even make them good.

There's no way he could not have seen it, and I have no doubt they'll watch games 2 and 3 times after, when asked about it two days later "I didnae see it", he's become a charicature of himself.

That was so obviously a lie, the way he defiantly stared wide eyed back at the journalist as he said it. I imagine he's terrible at poker.