January Transfer window 2012- Deadline Day Madness

Lake Bells tits

Titman! Where've you been?

Whey hey!

Had a month off work to enjoy the summer, Gem. So been surfing, golfing, bit of trekking in the bush, lounging on beaches ogling women in a way inappropriate for my age, and so on. Did some touristy stuff too so went to South Island, visited a few vineyards in Blenheim, did some whale/dolphin watching in Kaikoura, and then went to Queenstown and did some sightseeing, jetboating etc.

I've checked in here occasionally but been too busy to post. We had family over too over xmas so a lot of eating and drinking. Oh and CT - I haven't put a single pound on over xmas :jonas:

Well done that man.

And btw, your first paragraph could be copied and pasted into most peoples "five things to do before they die" section. :lol:

Lucky bugger.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see you're back KM. Although I doubt you are, going off that post ;)

Cheers mate. All good with you? Blenheim (Marlborough region, north of the South Island) is wall to wall vineyards. All of them offer tastings and food. Bloody invitation to drink n drive......

What you can do to reduce their length is chop out sections of the quote which are not relevant to your particular point. As I have not done here.

Exactly. I realised that I'd just started a quote pyramid myself there. Oh the irony. Oh the shame.

Exactly. I realised that I'd just started a quote pyramid myself there. Oh the irony. Oh the shame.

I sucked you into it. Did you go to Wanaka? One of my favourite spots on Earth.

You absolute twat, that all sounds class! Life in NZ sounds good.

Yup it's not bad all told - the GFC hasn't really bitten here (the economy's more driven by what happens in China and Aus). The main thing is that most of the cool things need decent weather. Funnily enough the summer's not been too flash by Kiwi standards altho' not a total washout. But we've had a bit of rain in January which is quite unusual.

The main thing I'm kicking myself over is I didn't do a bungy jump in Queenstown. I'm toying with the idea of doing one off the Auckland harbour bridge but it's not the same as the ones in Queenstown, which are truly terrifying......it didn't help reading about an American in Kenya who did a bungy jump into the croc infested Zambesi......the bungy snapped (she survived)!

I sucked you into it. Did you go to Wanaka? One of my favourite spots on Earth.

Yup, beautiful spot. We spent most of the day sunbathing by the lake and looking at the mountains.....

Possible that there's something outside of playing ability that we don't like about the lad - looks like we actually look into stuff like that these days. That assumes we've scouted him like. If we haven't scouted him, then that's obviously why we haven't gone in for him.

The days of us taking players on cos they're available and they're meant to be good are over.

rightio we'll see how this goes then, i've changed it so any embedded quotes (ie i'm quoting your post who has quoted someone else) will be stripped out so only your post remains

people could still go out of there way to put quotes in themselves but i doubt it, and i can restrict that to less than 3 again if i need to

Good lad Ant. I mean it's just me and CT saying its good, others may disagree, but it totally cleans pages up and makes them easier to browse, particularly on mobile devices.

The days of us taking players on cos they're available and they're meant to be good are over.

Reminds me of seeing Freddie saying Chelsea had done us a huge favour selling us Duff for only £5m. :lol:

The main thing I'm kicking myself over is I didn't do a bungy jump in Queenstown. I'm toying with the idea of doing one off the Auckland harbour bridge but it's not the same as the ones in Queenstown, which are truly terrifying......it didn't help reading about an American in Kenya who did a bungy jump into the croc infested Zambesi......the bungy snapped (she survived)!

Aye I saw the footage of that. Fucking mental. But seriously, who does a bungee jump in Kenya ffs. :lol:

"And the Kenyan HSE have looked at this and it's all fine?"

"The what now?"

Aye I saw the footage of that. Fucking mental. But seriously, who does a bungee jump in Kenya ffs. :lol:

"And the Kenyan HSE have looked at this and it's all fine?"

"The what now?"

:lol:

No inspection needed when the river's there to break the fall.....

I'm actually thinking of going to NZ this year. How's the weather over there in April? Guess this is not the thread to discuss it, though.

Weather's usually toss in April. Are you from Europe H-S? If so turn the seasons on their head, so April in NZ is the equivalent of November in Europe.

Weather's usually toss in April. Are you from Europe H-S? If so turn the seasons on their head, so April in NZ is the equivalent of November in Europe.

Yeah I'm from Sweden. Going to NZ is about the longest journey possible from here.

Good to know, might not be NZ this spring then...

http://www.journalli...61634-30161195/

After clinching a deal for Freiburg striker Papiss Demba Cissé on Tuesday, Pardew believes “one more” new signing is likely before the end of the January transfer window.

That will be a centre-back and there has been “some progress” this week – although The Journal understands there is now no interest in Aly Cissokho or Middlesbrough’s Rhys Williams and West Ham defender James Tomkins has also slipped off the radar.

Dismissing suggestions that Demba Ba’s contract would be one of his priorities, Pardew says tying Coloccini down to a new five-and-a-half-year deal would be a huge statement of intent from the club.

The defender wants to sign a new deal and Newcastle are desperate to keep him, having offered him a basic pay bump.

However, there are slight discrepancies in the way the deal is structured, which seem to have contributed to the “cooling-off” period between both parties.

Newcastle have not received an enquiry about him yet, although they know his stellar form has not gone unnoticed.

Pardew said: “The priority for me is Coloccini’s new contract and one or two others. We are focused on that because we want to keep our best players.

“He is our captain and I want to keep him – negotiations are due to restart shortly.”

Newcastle are understood to have made enquiries on a centre-back over the last few days, but Pardew does not see another £10million signing joining in January.

While saying his target is a “very, very good” defender capable of slotting into the side, he is at pains to point out United are still seeking value in the market.

They believe they got that from pouncing for Cissé on Tuesday.

Pardew added: “I don’t think we will be signing another £10million player in this window.

“Everyone we buy we want value from and we think Cissé’s signing is good value. That is why we bought him.

To be honest Tomkins sounded like a good idea - young, knows the Prem, won't cost that much, can play CB and RB.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

From the person who "broke" news on "Cisse day" before anyone else (albeit without a name, just knew a striker deal was happening on the day):

"we are looking to pick up a young centre half from the Championship, either on loan or to buy, with a major defensive summer signing being lined up.

Carr's watching AZ Alkmaar v Ajax on Sunday".

From the person who "broke" news on "Cisse day" before anyone else (albeit without a name, just knew a striker deal was happening on the day):

"we are looking to pick up a young centre half from the Championship, either on loan or to buy, with a major defensive summer signing being lined up.

Carr's watching AZ Alkmaar v Ajax on Sunday".

Maybe my man Tomkins? Not that West Ham would authorise a loan deal.

Maybe my man Tomkins? Not that West Ham would authorise a loan deal.

Evidently (or alledgedly) Nicolai Boilesen is the subject of the AZ/Ajax "watch"

Never heard of him.

Interestingly same person says Carr's player dosiers/reports are weighted 50/50 between football appraisal and "off the field" player attitude/behaviour as a club directive.

Edited by Toonpack