Yeah, cause that never happened under Shepherd..... :munch:

BA

Cabaye

Tiote

Santon

Collo

Jonas

Cisse

Hardly duds eh? Just didn't cost a mint which it appears is how Leazes judges a footballer, the bigger the cost the better the player

We sold a £35million player and replaced him with one £10 million signing and a free transfer. Leazes logic denotes that this is simply unacceptable, and you must be a muslim sympathiser and Mike Ashley bumchum if you think otherwise.

my logic says there is 25m quid left, for the manager to further improve his team ? Wouldn't you agree, or do you also accept being a selling club again, like we were under the McKeags, Seymours etc ?

Edited by LeazesMag

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my logic says there is 25m quid left, for the manager to further improve his team ?

How much havw we spent since Carroll left?

Go on. Add it all up.

WHY AM I BOTHERING

Why am I bothering ?

Looks like Mariappa could be on his way then. A distinctly average signing.

We don't need high profile signings, just cover.

Cover does not mean buying shite. Thats why we have perch. And best.

What do you know about Mariappa? How much of Watford have you seen this season?

Don't tell me he's shite because they've let in a fair few goals this season - so have Bolton, and Chelsea just bought Cahill for £6m.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

I don't know anything about mariappa. I am making the point that you don't load up a squad with deadwood because you want to buy "cover". That is why we have players who shouldn't be anywhere close to the premier league.

Pointless bringing in anyone who wont improve the team. As centre halves, that means you need to be better than Williamson and Perch. If thats the case fine. Ive asked my customer who has a box at Watford what this lad is like.

As this thread seems to be about repeating yourself over and over, Ill add again that I couldnt give a fuck if the numbers add up, just like I didnt under FFS so long as what is going on on the pitch is good. Which it is.

I know, I was making the point that it's easy to overstate how good the scouting has been since we recently signed Obertan and Perch.

Why won't people give Obertan time, he's 22 FFS.

Collo and Enrique were branded shite early doors (and afair time after).

Without wanting to go down the who scouted who route I always thought Calderwood had a big say in us signing Perch, in fact we tried to get the deal done in January before Carr was even here iirc.

Speaking to Newcastle's official website, Perch said: 'It's brilliant to finally get here. There was a lot of talk in January and I was close then but to get it signed and sealed is brilliant.

Edited by Baggio

I know, I was making the point that it's easy to overstate how good the scouting has been since we recently signed Obertan and Perch.

Why won't people give Obertan time, he's 22 FFS.

Collo and Enrique were branded shite early doors (and afair time after).

Agreed!!! Enrique was absolute gash and we were all screaming for Collo's head. IMO Obertan will only get better.

Couldn't it be argued that players like Obertan and Best were signed to fill the 2nd tier of the squad? Obertan is not a bad player to bring on from the bench and , as has been said, he's only 22. It's perfectly reasonable to hope that a moderate fee for a bench player who has youth on his side will be repaid in either the kid turning good, or his resale value.

re: Perch, he's not a 1st teamer, I don't think he ever has been. However, when we've needed to shut up shop (QPR) he's come on and done his job. We got a bench warmer for a nominal fee. I'm not fussed as long as there are better players ahead of him, which there are.

Obertan is shit and thats coming out of the manure set up which is light years ahead of us in developing players. Perch is one of the worst players I've seen at Newcastle.

I'm surprised anybody can think otherwise given their performances.

Obertan is shit and thats coming out of the manure set up which is light years ahead of us in developing players. Perch is one of the worst players I've seen at Newcastle.

I'm surprised anybody can think otherwise given their performances.

Don't think Perch has done anything wrong whewn he's been brought on to kill games like.

Obertan is 22 and it's his first season at a new club in a new system, think it's harsh to completely write him off.

Mind, you've never been mone for positivty have you? You're Yorkshire aren't you?