Children

trophyshy

Genuinely surprised at how old some of you are on here tbh (MF especially, thought you was about 30, make of that what you may btw, dunno if it's it a compliment ;) ), Still being young enough to say "erghh kids" whilst knowing you'll probably still have them is the best feeling in the world by the way :D.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At my age, I can wait.

I've always liked the idea of settling down and having a nipper or two. Girls only though, don't want a teenage son wanking in my damn house. Girlfriend has the implant though so no accidental kids for us!

My cousin though is 24 now and she's 12 weeks pregnant with her fella. The worry is that they don't live together (she flits from his rented room and my aunt's house) and he wouldn't tell his mum she was going to be a grandma. Obviously early days but I doubt he'll stick around, and I honestly hope she gets herself an actual job otherwise my aunt will be bringing up this kid. Can't say I'd ever want to get myself in such a situation.

As Philip Larkin would say:

They fuck you up, your mum and dad.

They may not mean to, but they do.

They fill you with the faults they had

And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn

By fools in old-style hats and coats,

Who half the time were soppy-stern

And half at one another’s throats.

Man hands on misery to man.

It deepens like a coastal shelf.

Get out as early as you can,

And don’t have any kids yourself.

:icon_lol:

As Philip Larkin would say:

They fuck you up, your mum and dad.

They may not mean to, but they do.

They fill you with the faults they had

And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn

By fools in old-style hats and coats,

Who half the time were soppy-stern

And half at one another’s throats.

Man hands on misery to man.

It deepens like a coastal shelf.

Get out as early as you can,

And don’t have any kids yourself.

:icon_lol:

I like that :D

its never been something I thought about not doing at some point tbh though its definitely a good few years down the line, only 22 mind plenty of time yet

I became a dad a few days before Christmas. Been with the Mrs over 10 years now and it's a conversation we had on numerous occasions, always saying that it wasn't the right time and we still wanted to do stuff we wouldn't be able to with kids. Then at the start of last year we decided we'd try for a few months to conceive then if it didn't happen then it was never going to happen.

We never thought we'd be parent material like but we're doing alreet we think! A good support network helps like, although even though we're both very early 30s none of our mates have kids. One of my Mrs mates is pregnant, but we're the first to have a bairn and it's been interesting to see how they react.

As far as I am aware, I have no kids. Me and my lass don't bother with contraception because I hate condoms and female contraceptives don't agree with her. We both have the attitude that if it happens then so be it.

However, as she's now had more miscarriages than Liverpool FC (of justice) the baby docs want us to get tested to see if there's a problem with us. I could point out that she hasn't had a problem falling pregnant to me, so my spunk is perfectly ahreet, but I'm quite looking forward to the challenge of spunking in a tube and getting it to the Centre For Life within 90 minutes, keeping it warm the whole time. Also, there'll be nee need to delete the laptop history that day.

Well not all of it anyway.

I can remember saying when I was 12 or 13 that there was no way that I was having kids! people used to say you will change as you get older.

Well I'm 50 now and have never had kids of my own, I like them and enjoy seeing my sisters 4 boys when they come over but I still don't yearn for my own.

Read up above somewhere about homosexual parents. I'm a strong believer that parents should be heterosexual, i.e. a mother and father figure. Not saying gays can't be together or anything, I just think it's entirely unfair on the child and the poor bairn would suffer terribly from it. If you're gay - you shouldn't have kids!

I think children should have parents that love them and want to do everything they can to give them a good start in life, that's far more important than their sexual orientation in my view.

I think children should have parents that love them and want to do everything they can to give them a good start in life, that's far more important than their sexual orientation in my view.

The responses from children who have experienced being brought up in a gay household have been negative, whereby the only positive responses have come from adults. I think this says it all. It's the children that matter, not the parents. People just seem to be using this as another gay rights issue. Sorry, but what cannot happen naturally, should not be allowed to happen at all. It's unfair on the child. No matter how loving and caring the parents may be, that child will have to face people outside the home.

Edited by SouthernMag

Had my daughter when I was 17 (I know, I know) and it's been brilliant. We've had plenty of help along the way from parents, grandparents, etc and as it happens, she was a great sleeper so we rarely had any bother with sleepless nights (sorry to others!). She's 5 in a few months! It's mental when you think how quick it all passes by.

Sorry, but what cannot happen naturally, should not be allowed to happen at all.

Ill make sure to leave you if I see you lying in the street having a heart attack then

we're at the point where "nature" doesn't come into it. evolution (in its normal wild form) no longer applies to the human race in countries like ours where it really doesn't matter how physically or mentally capable you are with regards to living your life and having kids.

besides my next door neighbours couldn't concieve, theyre adopting their second over the next few months, but nature dictates that they couldnt have kids...what do we do SM? lets just leave the orphans to themselves eh?

I've been off work now since November, on gardening leave as they say and have been a full time Dad since then. We pay for a maternity assistant as we both work full time and since we were not going to get rid of her, she was on hand to help me out. I would often drop her off there for lunch and the afternoon nap and then pick her up so i could do the shopping, washing up, laundry etc. Its been amazing but knackering and last night was the reward in a way. I am preparing to go back to work on Monday so was not looking after her, our lass picked her up after work and when she came back she came up to us and gave us this long, intense and quiet cuddle. At first i thought there might something wrong but then after about 10 mins, she peeled herself off my shoulder, smiled, gave me a kiss and then indicated she wanted to get down. The nightmare is that the bond between us is stronger than ever and my new job involves loads of travel, i leave the house on monday in France, go to Geneva Monday night, Neuchatel on Tuesday, Milan on Thursday, back here late friday night. 2 years ago, i would have thought nothing of it and actually been a bit excited, now am just dreading it as i dont want to spend a week apart from the family. Mad.

It wears off. (Quicker than you think).