Holidays 2012

Jan

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nowhere of any note this year, sadly. going to have a series of staycations thanks to spending all of our savings and then some on a new house.

am going to ibiza for a wedding in may but other than that, nothing more than the odd weekend in france and italy. nothing expensive - and certainly no long hauls with the bairn :glare:

I am not a fan of all inclusive as your money goes to the tour operators and not the local businesses.

Plus one of the nice things about going to places like Greece is the local tavernas and that. I can understand why people go on all inclusive holidays but they don't appeal to me one bit.

I've got a couple of weddings in Spain and Portugal, pain in the balls.

seems to be the trendy thing to do doesn't it. it's an expensive game once you factor in the additional few hundred quid you have to shell aside for the fucking weekend long stag do in europe somewhere. i swear ive spent as much on mates' weddings the last few years as i have on holidays for just me and the mrs.

Like you have to go :lol: In fact, if someone's getting married abroad, it's the perfect excuse not to go.

hard not to go when it's a close mate though innit.

it just seems expectations on weddings have gone up massively in the past few years. the first mate in our group to get hitched had a stag night out in london. that's a rarity now. the last 7 or 8 i've been to have all been weekenders around europe - then you've got an additional night out in london for thsoe that missed the main event, that most people go to anarl. not that i'm complaining too much like given the paucity of boys' nights out i get to these days. combine that with the increasing number of overseas weddings these days too though and you're looking at a not inconsiderable bank raid.

Not really. If someone chooses to get married abroad they should realise not everyone will be able to go. I suppose it's all keeping up with the Joneses though. Which is why people have these fucking ridiculously expensive marriages in far flung places. Also why people feel they need to go. Same goes for stag dos. Fuck that shit tbh.

i'm all for the stag weekend jollies away if i'm honest. the weddings in ibiza and mallorca can do one though. not sure i'd get away with going to the stag then fucking off the wedding mind...

i'm all for the stag weekend jollies away if i'm honest. the weddings in ibiza and mallorca can do one though. not sure i'd get away with going to the stag then fucking off the wedding mind...

Under the thumb tbh ;)

Under the thumb tbh ;)

Massively!

Me and the missus got a couple of weekend breaks as Christmas pressies, all around the countryside. Should be nice to get a break.

Aside from that, Vegas for 3nights in May with a group of 20+ and hopefully a sun holiday in Costa Del Sol with the kids in September.

Like you have to go :lol: In fact, if someone's getting married abroad, it's the perfect excuse not to go.

Well one of the weddings is my sister's so kind of difficult to get out of that, the other is one of my best mates so again it's hard to get out of.

IMO if you're going to get married abroad then fuck off somewhere thousands of miles away where the rest of us aren't expected to go.

Booked malia for 2 weeks about an hour ago, yeah boi :)

isn't that wjere they go in the inbetweener's movie?

not that i'm saying your experience will be anything like that mate?

i was thinking more kevin and perry go large ;-)

Static Caravan, Amble, about 6 times during the year :lol:

Oh and we got married in a far flung place to avoid the hassle of everyone being there! Had a party when we got back like. Only had 6 others at the wedding itself.