Alan Smith

henda11

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wondered why this sort of thing hadn't happened ealier as it was clear he was so far down the pecking order that he'd essentially never be used in any sort of meaningful way. I assumed that Smith's pride (and the 60k wage) meant that he didn't want to drop down to a lower league.

As much as he's not a very good player, you can tell that when he is on the field he has a competitive nature and so must be missing playing in actual games.

Could have done it bloody ages ago, any money reduced on his wage would be better than paying him a king's ransom to train having to look at his ridiculous hair style as a constant reminder of the 3 million pounds wasted each year on his wage.

Good news is that we've already lined up his replacement.

6264.jpg

Edited by OTF

Hate the man, he knows he's shit but won't leave on a lower wage, happy to pitch up and take the cheque, little more than a cunt in my eyes

I agree but when you're his age and know that you're never going to get another deal worth even a quarter of what he's currently on then you can understand why he might want to sit and collect the cash.

Hate the man, he knows he's shit but won't leave on a lower wage, happy to pitch up and take the cheque, little more than a cunt in my eyes

I agree but when you're his age and know that you're never going to get another deal worth even a quarter of what he's currently on then you can understand why he might want to sit and collect the cash.

Totally, and why football is fucked outside of the billionaire's club in essence. Mind we've had periods when we've had five or six first teamers falling into the above category, so at least now it's only Smith and he's not even part of the squad.

Never been the same player after that horrendous leg break at Anfield while playing for Man Utd.

With that in mind we were nuts to offer him the deal we did. As JawD said, best outcome for both parties

Anyone here him on the radio last night? They were saying he came across really well but I just thought he was completely delusional. He talked about some players being happy to just sit there picking up their wages :lol: He also said he chose MK Dons because they played good football :lol: He seemed totally oblivious to either the former applying to him or the fact he's a complete clogger. Also reckoned he had to wait for the right move. I'd love to see the list of clubs he's turned down. Finally reckoned he wasn't quite the same player after his broken leg. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

.com

The MK Dons lost 1-2 to Charlton Athletic at The Valley in League One on Tuesday night...

Smith meanwhile was also in the visitors' starting lineup and restored to his former forward role. Picking up his second booking in as many games, he also conceded a penalty and played as a lone striker in the second half before being substituted with seven minutes remaining.

.com

The MK Dons lost 1-2 to Charlton Athletic at The Valley in League One on Tuesday night...

Smith meanwhile was also in the visitors' starting lineup and restored to his former forward role. Picking up his second booking in as many games, he also conceded a penalty and played as a lone striker in the second half before being substituted with seven minutes remaining.

Setting the league alight.....

Anyone here him on the radio last night? They were saying he came across really well but I just thought he was completely delusional. He talked about some players being happy to just sit there picking up their wages :lol: He also said he chose MK Dons because they played good football :lol: He seemed totally oblivious to either the former applying to him or the fact he's a complete clogger. Also reckoned he had to wait for the right move. I'd love to see the list of clubs he's turned down. Finally reckoned he wasn't quite the same player after his broken leg. :lol:

Yeah heard that the other week on Monday Night Club or summat. How he spok with the conviction he did was startling .

Didn't he also make wildly speculative on him now being there and him ensuring promotion ?

Through it all I couldn't help think of a pre season comment from Gateshead (?) friendly where his best efforts were summed-up that he 'looks like some bloke who's won a competition to have a run-out with a Newcastle team'

Yeah heard that the other week on Monday Night Club or summat. How he spok with the conviction he did was startling .

Didn't he also make wildly speculative on him now being there and him ensuring promotion ?

Through it all I couldn't help think of a pre season comment from Gateshead (?) friendly where his best efforts were summed-up that he 'looks like some bloke who's won a competition to have a run-out with a Newcastle team'

Aye, I think the conviction you speak of is a combination of his being thick as pig's shit and the bubble in which professional footballers live. But even better - it's since emerged we're still paying about 95% of his wages.

Aye, exactly :lol: The presenter plus Motson (I think) and Claridge blew smoke up his arse and talked about how refreshing his attitude was as well instead of taking him to task. Fuck off. The interviewed even got a mention the following night urging listeners to check it out on iPlayer. :lol: Thing is, people will have bought all that verbal tripe as well.

.com

Good consistency!! Booked,gave away a pen,didn't score,subbed. Cunt