Football Clubs & Debt

wykikitoon

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt they will, I've never said any clubs do dissappear, I take it, in your opinion, administration is a good thing and perfectly acceptable ????

I take it, in your opinion, selling your best players and not backing the manager is a good thing ?

Or is that too much footballing content for you, and above your intellect level ?

Another question slopey shouldered :D

Selling your best players is a fact of life for every club, if a suitor higher up the food chain comes in (or someone makes a stupid offer), a manager should be backed within the limits a club can afford. Which is what we do, as do all the succesfull clubs (not that we've ever been consistently succesfull since the 50's).

another question slopey shouldered.

Keeping your best players, and backing your manager, is a fact of life if you want to succeed.

The alternative is selling your best players, pocketing the cash and avoiding relegation to appease the non-matchgoers who quite often haven't a clue about football and consequently don't really bother too much if the team wins or loses, just so long as it doesn't disappear from existence.

Now answer HIS question, leazes. For fucking once.

fuck off. I've posted my views in this thread, and answered this before, he has even posted a huge list of clubs that have gone bust, and none of them are supermarkets yet, and he's ignored me hundreds of times, like others on here.

Who specifically, is he talking about here ? Do you think Rangers will disappear from the face of the earth ?

He hasn't even read the book from which he has extracted his signature :icon_lol:

Edited by LeazesMag

fuck off. You know my views, I've answered this before, he has published a huge list of clubs that have gone bust, and none of them are supermarkets yet, and he's ignored me hundreds of times, like others on here.

He hasn't even read the book from which he has extracted his signature :icon_lol:

I've never asked that particular question before, that said you've never ever answered any question anyone has asked before, so I should have known better.

fuck off. You know my views, I've answered this before, he has published a huge list of clubs that have gone bust, and none of them are supermarkets yet, and he's ignored me hundreds of times, like others on here.

I've never asked that particular question before, that said you've never ever answered any question anyone has asked before, so I should have known better.

oh dear. Look up that list you posted, and answer the question I asked you about it, which is directly related to this thead by the way.

What's your problem that you need to bicker on about this all the time ?

Football is a loss making industry. Get over it, and aim for success and enjoy it while it lasts, as you said once.

oh dear. Look up that list you posted, and answer the question I asked you about it, which is directly related to this thead by the way.

Football is a loss making industry. Get over it, and aim for success and enjoy it while it lasts, as you said once.

It's loss making only up to the point that the losses can be covered, otherwise teams join the list. Which according to you is perfectly fine and dandy.

On your question, whatever it was, no, you owe me, and others, dozens of answers, am done with your insanity.

P.S. where'd the supermarket nonsense come from ??? (another question that'll just float idly by).

It's loss making only up to the point that the losses can be covered, otherwise teams join the list. Which according to you is perfectly fine and dandy.

On your question, whatever it was, no, you owe me, and others, dozens of answers, am done with your insanity.

P.S. where'd the supermarket nonsense come from ??? (another question that'll just float idly by).

why don't you post about football ?

How do all these clubs come back from administration, do you think it amounted to more or less than being relegated to them ?

What do you think is going to happen to Rangers, now they are suffering this administration you have been harping on about for fuck knows how long ?

How do all these clubs come back from administration, do you think it amounted to more or less than being relegated to them ?

What do you think is going to happen to Rangers, now they are suffering this administration you have been harping on about for fuck knows how long ?

This is totally about football, look at the list, those clubs are patently all so much better off than they were. as we are, thankfully having not had to go via Admin. Thick as mince!!!!

DOH!!! I answered another question, and yet again you didn't

Edited by Toonpack

Leazes,When Rangers come out of administration do you think they will be afforded the same credit terms by financial institutions?

Of course it effects clubs its just you are too dense to see it.

If a club doesn't have rich owners willing to bankroll it then its got to be run in a sensible way otherwise, sooner or later the inevitable happens. Not necessarly going bust but certainly cutting back on wages and transfer fees etc

Guest CabayeAye

Portsmouth as well. Oh and Darlo. You cant just overspend and think its ok as its football.

Exactly. If you make losses, you expand your debt. Expand it too much and you go bust.

Pardew....

"The strategy Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias have followed has put the club in a position of relative financial strength.

"Compared to a lot of other football clubs we are in a good place. You have to worry after what has happened last week that a couple of other clubs could be in trouble this summer - but we are not in that position.

"That is down to Mike and Derek. That policy of buying younger players and being very tough with contracts and shifting the power a little bit from players back to the club has proved so far to be successful.

"There are a couple of other models that have been similar. Spurs have gone down that line and bought young players but are now in a position where they can actually buy experienced players.

"I think, hopefully, that is now the next phase for us. Where we are right now -we are pretty healthy."

"One of the big things that has helped me is that the agenda is out in public. That is important that Mike and Derek come out and say: 'this is the financial climate - this is how we work'. So that makes it a little bit easier for me.

"But we will still have problems down the line. Losing some of our best players to the best clubs is still going to happen because we are still not in a position to stop that.

"But we won't be able to protect our best players until we get more revenue and bigger sponsorship in.

"The higher up the table we finish the easier it will be to attract not only new sponsors but also top players. We are now getting sound-bytes from agents that they would like to get their players here. It is a good sign."

Reminds me very much of what Kinnear was saying back at the start of 2009 before relegation...

"Financially we're very sound. We don't owe a bean as far as the club are concerned"

Rangers have gone into administration with debts of £14m before christmas, with a £49m tax bill on the cards.

Portsmouth have gone into administration with £50m of debts

Our debt is currently £150m.

This is totally about football, look at the list, those clubs are patently all so much better off than they were. as we are, thankfully having not had to go via Admin. Thick as mince!!!!

DOH!!! I answered another question, and yet again you didn't

so when are Rangers going to become Morrisons ? I believe this is the scaremongering shite you've, and others including some of the other "knowledgeable" chums on skunkers, been spouting for a while now ?

"Compared to a lot of other football clubs we are in a good place. You have to worry after what has happened last week that a couple of other clubs could be in trouble this summer - but we are not in that position.

2rdi4j8.jpg

Apart from Fulham and Villa i'm not quite sure how anyone can be in a worse financial position.

Punxsutawney Phil strikes again.

omg, its the village idiot again, who stands in the corner, has nothing to say, so cracks a joke saying "look at me, aren't I amusing"

2rdi4j8.jpg

Apart from Fulham and Villa i'm not quite sure how anyone can be in a worse financial position.

Really?

Leazes,When Rangers come out of administration do you think they will be afforded the same credit terms by financial institutions?

Of course it effects clubs its just you are too dense to see it.

If a club doesn't have rich owners willing to bankroll it then its got to be run in a sensible way otherwise, sooner or later the inevitable happens. Not necessarly going bust but certainly cutting back on wages and transfer fees etc

they are obviously going to sink without trace and/or get beat by Berwick Rangers every week in front of 25 supporters, so sayeth the financial experts.