NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

I've no idea and I've no idea what it's got to do with the price of fish, either.

I hope she wasn't for what it's worth.

if i've got the right person, i think it was a brain tumour; i may have the wrong person though

wasn't my daughter who had a brain tumour, but thanks anyway. You could be thinking of MWNN [who I haven't heard of for a while}

that was his young son (Jack iirc?); no idea what happened - lad was very sick for a while

sorry i've got you mixed up, but someone's adult daughter was very ill.

still remember with astonishment when you said hello to me in the newton that night!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I booed Shearer & Shearer alone after the Wolves game, for missing yet another penalty; cost us 2 points that did.

Seriously, wasn't Viana booed on because of his shite pass at Marseilles that led to their 2nd goal?

I didn't boo at full time as I was off down the road in mute disappointment

if i've got the right person, i think it was a brain tumour; i may have the wrong person though

wasn't my daughter who had a brain tumour, but thanks anyway. You could be thinking of MWNN [who I haven't heard of for a while}

that was his young son (Jack iirc?); no idea what happened - lad was very sick for a while

sorry i've got you mixed up, but someone's adult daughter was very ill.

still remember with astonishment when you said hello to me in the newton that night!

I can't remember what health problem Jack had either, but it was serious and I hope he is OK, I don't see MWNN on skunkers these days but I never look very often either. I remember having seeing him in the Bodega a couple of times and you were also there.

I'm a sociable friendly bloke :lol: do you still go in the Newton, I have been in a few times over the past few years, not too much though.

Leazes do us a favour. Quote Stevie's post and type 'exactly'.

so what do YOU think the club will do in the summer Scott ?

After doing that, you can apologise for your earlier comments now that Stevie has put you right.

Nobody has put me right. The booing was for the performance in that match. For some reason Stevie feels he needs to run around behind picking up the turds you drop all over the forum.

I see i was right though when I said that your latest ploy is to ask people what is going to happen in the summer so you can tell them how naive they are.

I'm not talking about direction of the club or comparing regimes. I'm asking what your predictions for the last window were and whether or not they were correct or, indeed, 'rubbish'.

unfortunately, I am, and I always have. I don't really talk about the short term, if we qualify for europe then I will be looking at the longer term and building on it further like a big club ought to do, otherwise in the bigger scheme of things, it doesn't amount to much. So If we are talking about different things, then stop disagreeing with me.

Leazes do us a favour. Quote Stevie's post and type 'exactly'.

so what do YOU think the club will do in the summer Scott ?

After doing that, you can apologise for your earlier comments now that Stevie has put you right.

Nobody has put me right. The booing was for the performance in that match. For some reason Stevie feels he needs to run around behind picking up the turds you drop all over the forum.

I see i was right though when I said that your latest ploy is to ask people what is going to happen in the summer so you can tell them how naive they are.

pathetic.

I can't remember what health problem Jack had either, but it was serious and I hope he is OK, I don't see MWNN on skunkers these days but I never look very often either. I remember having seeing him in the Bodega a couple of times and you were also there.

I'm a sociable friendly bloke :lol: do you still go in the Newton, I have been in a few times over the past few years, not too much though.

i've not seen him in Bodega in possibly 4 seasons, though i only attend 50% of home games & go for a pint after 50% of those.

not often in the Newton now; too much like a low rent Osborne Road or pretend 3 Mile. For me it's either Benton Ale House or Tynemouth (Lodge, Stuffed Dog, Cumberland or Barca) for my Saturday night out

i've not seen him in Bodega in possibly 4 seasons, though i only attend 50% of home games & go for a pint after 50% of those.

not often in the Newton now; too much like a low rent Osborne Road or pretend 3 Mile. For me it's either Benton Ale House or Tynemouth (Lodge, Stuffed Dog, Cumberland or Barca) for my Saturday night out

I might be in the Bodega tonight, not sure, but I am in Tynemouth and the Fish Quay fairly often these days, in fact I might be watching the match tomorrow in one of the pubs in that area

Edited by LeazesMag

Basically, you've structured you're argument so that it's never ending.

"I'll be right next time, just you watch" :lol:

Why don't you just fuck off?

why don't you grow up and stop bickering then. I'm looking at the long term, so if you only want to talk about the short term, stop following me around.

I'll talk about the long term if you like, but I'm not really interested in blowing a european qualification and the possible springboard to better if it is all wasted through a lack of ambition in the hierarchy of the club. I've seen that in other regimes. I saw the Fairs Cup win springboard wasted. I saw the McDonald/Green era wasted. I saw the Gordon Lee 5th position wasted. I saw the Cox/Waddle/Beardsley/Gazza springboard wasted. I don't really want to see the club go down that road again, but it is staring straight at me and there is nothing you can do about it but watch.

I'm trying to tell you. If you don't want to listen, then fuck off yourself.

why don't you grow up and stop bickering then. I'm looking at the long term, so if you only want to talk about the short term, stop following me around.

I'll talk about the long term if you like, but I'm not really interested in blowing a european qualification and the possible springboard to better if it is all wasted through a lack of ambition in the hierarchy of the club. I've seen that in other regimes. I saw the Fairs Cup win springboard wasted. I saw the McDonald/Green era wasted. I saw the Gordon Lee 5th position wasted. I saw the Cox/Waddle/Beardsley/Gazza springboard wasted. I don't really want to see the club go down that road again, but it is staring straight at me and there is nothing you can do about it but watch.

Should add the Keegan and SBR springboards to your list tbh

There is no doubt we have sold well (Carroll) and bought well in the last 12 months or so, namely Tiote, Cisse, Ba, Cabaye and Ben Arfa. I don't think anyone would disagree that we received way over the odds for Carroll and we have paid below the going rate for incoming players. Great business no doubt about it, and no question we are a better team now than 12 months ago.

But we can't expect to make further progress if we continue to sell our best players and replace them with lower cost alternatives. Its worked up to now but its unsustainable in the long term - if it worked long term then everyone would be doing it. If we continue with the current policy then I cannot see how we can make further progress.

I think this summer is crucial - If we keep our best players and invest in 3 or 4 quality players we have a genuine chance of consolidating our position and making a realistic sustained challenge for Champions League football. This is what we should be expecting and demanding for a club of our size and potential.

I don't think that will happen because I don't think Ashley has the ambition to match the clubs size and potential. Lets hope I'm wrong

Should add the Keegan and SBR springboards to your list tbh

oh dear. The Champions League, and challenging for the title, and the Keegan and Robson years were a waste of time were they ? What a clown you are.

You made a point then got confused when toonpack expanded on your own point. How can comprehension be lost so easily :lol: I won't be humouring you anymore today... you'll have to make do with flinging shit at the walls.

Edited by BestBaNone

You made a point got confused when toonpack expanded on your own point. How can comprehension be lost so easily :lol: I won't be humouring you anymore today... you'll have to make do with flinging shit at the walls.

meltdown.

Toonpack knows as much about the Fairs Cup win and those times as you man, his favourite game is a match that never took place :lol:

Edited by LeazesMag