NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

People who think the Keegan era was a failure don't half make me laugh out loud.

They must be reading too much of Martin Samuel and other Fleet Street West Ham supporters.

Edited by LeazesMag

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see where Toonpack used the word failure. He merely applied your springboard reference to it. As in, we failed to springboard from Keegan's success. Comprehension isn't so tough if you actually read and process things before you reply.

Can't see where Toonpack used the word failure. He merely applied your springboard reference to it. As in, we failed to springboard from Keegan's success. Comprehension isn't so tough if you actually read and process things before you reply.

5 years of playing at the top table ? Challenging for the title twice, 2 FA Cup Finals ? What are you, and he, blabbing on about ? When are we going to do that again ?

The club got there because they kept their best players, backed their manager and attempted to improve, not selling their best players and short changing the manager. They applied the same policy to Sir Bob, and got 5 more years of europe and playing with the top clubs again. You don't see this ?

When are we going to do that again ?

Words fail me. They really do. You really do have no idea at all.

Basic comprehension of people's posts should be the very least of his capabilities when he adopts such and aggressive posting style. I'm logging out and going read-only for a bit in protest against his creché release!

5 years of playing at the top table ? Challenging for the title twice, 2 FA Cup Finals ? What are you, and he, blabbing on about ? When are we going to do that again ?

The club got there because they kept their best players, backed their manager and attempted to improve, not selling their best players and short changing the manager. They applied the same policy to Sir Bob, and got 5 more years of europe and playing with the top clubs again. You don't see this ?

The point he was making is that we didn't kick on from that. Not that it wasn't a relatively successful period in the history of the club.

It's pretty obvious though that you're going to use "omg Toonpack says the Keegan era wasn't a successful one for the club" to clout him over the head with from now til the end of time, even though you've completely misunderstood and that isn't what he said.

Here we are witnessing the birth of a Leazesism. Everyone gather round. This is where a complete falsehood gets attributed to another poster forever, and you were here to see it brought into the world.

The point he was making is that we didn't kick on from that. Not that it wasn't a relatively successful period in the history of the club.

It's pretty obvious though that you're going to use "omg Toonpack says the Keegan era wasn't a successful one for the club" to clout him over the head with from now til the end of time, even though you've completely misunderstood and that isn't what he said.

Here we are witnessing the birth of a Leazesism. Everyone gather round. This is where a complete falsehood gets attributed to another poster forever, and you were here to see it brought into the world.

why don't you tell us what you think the club ought to do to progress further, and/or what you think they will do to progress further, as I asked you ?

brummiemag has said what needs to be done, I have said what needs to be done, Dr Gloom has said what needs to be done, in our opinions. So what is yours ?

In the meantime, I think 5 years followed by another 5 years of european football, playing among the elite, challenging for the title twice, reaching 2 FA Cup Finals, a semi final and a european semi final, is hardly resting on your laurels, do you ? Or not "kicking on" ? That is 10 years out of 15 by the way, unless you are going to say its "made up" or a "falsehood". During that time, only 4 clubs did better, and the same 4 clubs were the only clubs with a higher average league position.

When do you think we will do this again. 5 years gone already.

My remarks towards Toonpack have been made before, he usually avoids a direct reply. I don't consider the Keegan era to be in any shape or form anything like the other eras I've mentioned, the club gave it everything they had under Keegan, they backed him to the hilt. There are reasons we didn't win that title or one of those Cup Finals with the spine of his team after he had gone, but they certainly were not down to the managers not being backed by the board.

Edited by LeazesMag

People who think the Keegan era was a failure don't half make me laugh out loud.

They must be reading too much of Martin Samuel and other Fleet Street West Ham supporters.

Who said it was a failure LM? Im trying to read this thread as a discussion and you keep confusing the fuck out of me by replying to points that weren't made.

Stop it man, I've had a long day! :lol:

You made a point got confused when toonpack expanded on your own point. How can comprehension be lost so easily :lol: I won't be humouring you anymore today... you'll have to make do with flinging shit at the walls.

meltdown.

Toonpack knows as much about the Fairs Cup win and those times as you man, his favourite game is a match that never took place :lol:

Really ??? Making stuff up again :lol:

Oh and BBN, he does think the fairs Cup was a waste of time, he said as much to be on a thread months back when i hailed it as a pretty good achievement.

His position changes like the wind.

Who said it was a failure LM? Im trying to read this thread as a discussion and you keep confusing the fuck out of me by replying to points that weren't made.

I've expanded on it further down. Toonpack is welcome to explain himself further if he chooses to do so, let him say what he thinks of the Keegan era ? but the club certainly attempted to "kick on" as it has been put and nobody can say they did not.

You made a point got confused when toonpack expanded on your own point. How can comprehension be lost so easily :lol: I won't be humouring you anymore today... you'll have to make do with flinging shit at the walls.

meltdown.

Toonpack knows as much about the Fairs Cup win and those times as you man, his favourite game is a match that never took place :lol:

Really ??? Making stuff up again :lol:

Oh and BBN, he does think the fairs Cup was a waste of time, he said as much to be on a thread months back when i hailed it as a pretty good achievement.

His position changes like the wind.

Liar. And its not the first time.

I haven't said winning the Fairs Cup was a waste of time, only that they didn't build on it. Which they didn't, and ALL the players who played for the club think the same.

You talked about a game in the 1970's being your most memorable game, and got the opposition and the result all wrong, and you know it.

Edited by LeazesMag

You talked about a game in the 1970's and got the opposition and the result all wrong, and you know it.

My favourite game Really?? Oh and at least I remembered the opposition for Tony Green's testimonial, you know, that bloke who was one of your all time favourite players who you think had Sunderland at his testimonial :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Can I just say imho, all this talk of size and potential is absolute bollocks.

Big sponsorship deals come to teams who are successful and who get lots of TV coverage.

If Swansea push on, get into Europe, push on again etc etc then they will get big sponsorship deals.

In this modern day and age, size means absolutely fuck all at the top table. The Arabs at Man City could have made Blyth Spartans successful.

It really is a bollocks phrase which either we use to make ourselves feel better or others say to blow smoke up our arses.

The only think that matters is success on the pitch however that is achieved.

95% of this forum realise that football has moved on totally from the early days of John Halls days. The money to wage ratio then was nothing in comparison to today.

At long last we seem to have a solid foundation being put in place and a club truly united in progressing. Its working so far and long may it continue.

You talked about a game in the 1970's and got the opposition and the result all wrong, and you know it.

My favourite game Really?? Oh and at least I remembered the opposition for Tony Green's testimonial, you know, that bloke who was one of your all time favourite players who you think had Sunderland at his testimonial :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Tony Green had the smoggies, and Ollie Burton had the mackems, I think. Or maybe it was a mackem, but somebody had a testimonial against the mackems because they paraded the trophy. ie FA Cup.

Anyway, what is your view on the Keegan years, as you appear to insinuate that 5 years was either a waste of time, or explain exactly how long you think it takes for something to "kick in", meaning you think that playing in the Champions League and europe for 3 years and reaching 2 FA Cup Finals in 5 years is somewhat irrelevant, if this wording is incorrect please explain what you mean and when exactly you think we are going to do this again under Mike Ashley ?

And I'll bet you that we don't, as you didn't answer that when I asked you earlier ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Big sponsorship deals come to teams who are successful and who get lots of TV coverage.

If Swansea push on, get into Europe, push on again etc etc then they will get big sponsorship deals.

In this modern day and age, size means absolutely fuck all at the top table. The Arabs at Man City could have made Blyth Spartans successful.

It really is a bollocks phrase which either we use to make ourselves feel better or others say to blow smoke up our arses.

95% of this forum realise that football has moved on totally from the early days of John Halls days. The money to wage ratio then was nothing in comparison to today.

At long last we seem to have a solid foundation being put in place and a club truly united in progressing. Its working so far and long may it continue.

Well said, agree with all of that.

Let's hope we'll keep seeing success and investment on the pitch. I truly hope with the FFP rules waiting in the wings, our current footing means we'll remain competitive once sugardaddies stop ruining football.

I can't remember what health problem Jack had either, but it was serious and I hope he is OK, I don't see MWNN on skunkers these days but I never look very often either. I remember having seeing him in the Bodega a couple of times and you were also there.

I'm a sociable friendly bloke :lol: do you still go in the Newton, I have been in a few times over the past few years, not too much though.

i've not seen him in Bodega in possibly 4 seasons, though i only attend 50% of home games & go for a pint after 50% of those.

not often in the Newton now; too much like a low rent Osborne Road or pretend 3 Mile. For me it's either Benton Ale House or Tynemouth (Lodge, Stuffed Dog, Cumberland or Barca) for my Saturday night out

I might be in the Bodega tonight, not sure, but I am in Tynemouth and the Fish Quay fairly often these days, in fact I might be watching the match tomorrow in one of the pubs in that area

i'll be in Bodega post match Monday, but watching tomorrow's game via the net

i've not seen him in Bodega in possibly 4 seasons, though i only attend 50% of home games & go for a pint after 50% of those.

not often in the Newton now; too much like a low rent Osborne Road or pretend 3 Mile. For me it's either Benton Ale House or Tynemouth (Lodge, Stuffed Dog, Cumberland or Barca) for my Saturday night out

I might be in the Bodega tonight, not sure, but I am in Tynemouth and the Fish Quay fairly often these days, in fact I might be watching the match tomorrow in one of the pubs in that area

i'll be in Bodega post match Monday, but watching tomorrow's game via the net

I don't usually go for a pint anywhere before the game now, but usually go to the Irish club after the game. Not sure about Monday though, bank holiday etc.

Off out tonight soon.

I don't usually go for a pint anywhere before the game now, but usually go to the Irish club after the game. Not sure about Monday though, bank holiday etc.

Off out tonight soon.

no, i never drink pre match

intend to do Bodega then Newcastle Arms on Mlonday

size is always relevant

size is always relevant

Hoy man Ive spent near 24 years arguing it isnt :lol:

it was the others.

you know, the voices in his head.