NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

There was a very good article in the mail on friday, and a couple of quotes from it :-

When talking about players that could be bought, the chief scout is working to a narrow and specific brief that was provided by the top brass.

The article then goes on to say :-

'Only players of a certain age, value and salary expectation make it through the sieve for consideration.

The rest are discarded, no matter how good their agent promises they will be'.

Another part of the article says that they are one step ahead when identifying players, with having replacements for the replacements !

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's probably players we're looking at now that we won't see sign til 2015. Which is mental.

Can't wait to see who'll replace Cisse in his testimonial match, after having a ten year career at NUFC where he's smashed Shearer's goal scoring record... probably be Shola to be honest

Edited by The Fish

There's probably players we're looking at now that we won't see sign til 2015. Which is mental.

Can't wait to see who'll replace Cisse in his testimonial match, after having a ten year career at NUFC where he's smashed Shearer's goal scoring record... probably be Shola to be honest

Shola will be on the board by then man!

Stem cells harvested from the alien foetus that has been germinating inside Obertan's head injected behind Shola's eyeballs will see him reverse the ageing process, rendering us with an 18-year old Super Shola capable of withstanding the most vicious of two-footed zimmer frame lunges from an ancient Lee Cattermole, who by that time will have his name and number on the back of his shorts as they reach his earlobes.

Same testimonial match, Super Shola will receive the ball from Krul, hail mary it to the far end and handspring all the way down the pitch to fire a bullet header into the top left corner for the winning goal.

Hearing a very strong rumour from an independant source that a deal for Debuchy has been done - €10m

I'm guaranteeing nowt BTW, just passing the message on.

Hearing a very strong rumour from an independant source that a deal for Debuchy has been done - €10m

I'm guaranteeing nowt BTW, just passing the message on.

Whos the source :)

Non-specific. And as I said I can't vouch the credibility so I have no idea if it'll happen or not.

Always had a soft spot for Guthrie, can put in a shift when he wants to. He'd be a fool to go to Villa.

he's been belter this season and should arguably have started more games given his form. at this stage of his career he might not want to be third choice.

Any continental experts want to give a beginner's guide on this Debuchy lad then?

26 years old, played for lille his entire career (same as cabaye before he came here) seems to be the main right back for a few years now

presumably he and Cabaye will be pretty good mates, both same age, through youth system together and played for the first team together too

Understandable but he is he really in a position to turn down 20 games a season at a top-6 club?

He is good, but noone is bigger than the club. If he is not onboard with a bit of rotation, he should leave.

Look at ferguson, you dont see Nani and Young whining about it do you.

Chronicle will run with Brett Emerton signing instead.

:lol: I'd nearly forgotten that saga.

Alan Oliver would always link us with him, even in 2007. Him and Riise

I still detest Riise even to this day, in the twilight of his career. He's offensive quite frankly in the sense that he's made a top flight career out of being generally competent and toe-ending everything thats fallen to him within 30 yards of goal. Literally toe punts everything. It's anti football. I'm ashamed to the point of being apologetic at toe punting anything-you do it as an absolute last resort stretching for a ball. He does it as his very first thought. Horrendous player and face.

Understandable but he is he really in a position to turn down 20 games a season at a top-6 club?

He is good, but noone is bigger than the club. If he is not onboard with a bit of rotation, he should leave.

We're hardly man u though are we? This our first good season in about a decade.

:lol: I'd nearly forgotten that saga.

Alan Oliver would always link us with him, even in 2007. Him and Riise

I still detest Riise even to this day, in the twilight of his career. He's offensive quite frankly in the sense that he's made a top flight career out of being generally competent and toe-ending everything thats fallen to him within 30 yards of goal. Literally toe punts everything. It's anti football. I'm ashamed to the point of being apologetic at toe punting anything-you do it as an absolute last resort stretching for a ball. He does it as his very first thought. Horrendous player and face.

He was an inch away from scoring an absolute beauty with the outside of his boot against Chelsea...

We're hardly man u though are we? This our first good season in about a decade.

True, but we are heading for europe and between suspensions, cups and injuries guthrie is likely to get alot of games for us even if he isnt a regular starter.

If that isnt good enough to the point of wanting a move to Villa, then I say let him. Look how wonderful the careers of our recent quitters have panned out.

Edited by Lake Bells tits