NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

I still detest Riise even to this day, in the twilight of his career. He's offensive quite frankly in the sense that he's made a top flight career out of being generally competent and toe-ending everything thats fallen to him within 30 yards of goal. Literally toe punts everything. It's anti football. I'm ashamed to the point of being apologetic at toe punting anything-you do it as an absolute last resort stretching for a ball. He does it as his very first thought. Horrendous player and face.

He was an inch away from scoring an absolute beauty with the outside of his boot against Chelsea...

As a norwegian i have never rated Riise, he is about as comfortable as simpson or Williamson on the ball, but with a better shot on him.

If he isnt passing it back to the keeper, he is either passing it sideways or belting it upfield.

He`s fucking shit.

But he got a Champion leagues winner medal :)

Edited by Lake Bells tits

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan Oliver would always link us with him, even in 2007. Him and Riise

I still detest Riise even to this day, in the twilight of his career. He's offensive quite frankly in the sense that he's made a top flight career out of being generally competent and toe-ending everything thats fallen to him within 30 yards of goal. Literally toe punts everything. It's anti football. I'm ashamed to the point of being apologetic at toe punting anything-you do it as an absolute last resort stretching for a ball. He does it as his very first thought. Horrendous player and face.

Scored a belting header for Chelsea in the CL semi final tbf.

I think his mind was made up when he was dropped when Tiote and Cabaye returned, despite being our best player at the time.

We'd be mad to let him go without at least throwing our hat into the ring particularly on the eve of European football. Villa had a crack at having ambition, failed, and have subsequently pulled their heads in.

Guthrie's a handy player but struggles with motivation at times. At the peak of his fitness at the moment it makes a huge difference to his contribution.

I think his mind was made up when he was dropped when Tiote and Cabaye returned, despite being our best player at the time.

We'd be mad to let him go without at least throwing our hat into the ring particularly on the eve of European football. Villa had a crack at having ambition, failed, and have subsequently pulled their heads in.

Guthrie's a handy player but struggles with motivation at times. At the peak of his fitness at the moment it makes a huge difference to his contribution.

I think being 100% onboard with this project is the crux of the matter. That includes accepting not playing every single game.

We are on the rise and is a top-6 club who can offer him 20+ games a season in a club he knows.

I really cant see him doing much better, although it seems he thinks he can.

In his defence, if we have offered him 10 grand and villa offers 30, I can fully understand it. Just think it would be better for his career to stay for another season or two and see how things pan out.

He'll get loads of playing time next season -- injuries are bound to pile up given our increased fixture list, plus Cabaye and perhaps Ben Arfa will need more rest after playing in the Euros. He'd be an idiot to leave, no one above us would take him. Although I could see him going to someone like Norwich and doing quite well there. Regardless, I hope he stays!

own-goal? cant remember that, hilarious if true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGxmIEVWafU

Injury time goal too in the 1st leg at Anfield making it 1-1. As Chelsea won the second leg 3-2 (going through 4-3 on aggregate) it meant that had he not scored it, Liverpool would have gone to the final on away goals!

Funniest bit though is.......

:lol:

I think wages is the key factor here. We are probably unwilling to reflect his increasing importance with a matching contract.

Last I heard he was on something like 5 grand, thats taking the piss

Probably the most important contract of his career given his age too. So he'll feel he has to get the numbers he's worth.

I find the grey man's incoherent ramblings about toe-punting quite offensive. Just as he developed advanced technique with his shoulders, so too did I with my toes during my school days, to the point where the lads told me I should get my toes insured after a first-time toe punt volley goal, one of the many highlights of my football career.

I have to say not being able to read Leazes' posts almost makes his insanity just that little bit more entertaining.

and yet, like others, you can't explain exactly what it is that I've said is "insanity"

Not that you, yourself, ever post anything mildly informative or interesting to someone like myself.

Every post you make literally seeps insanity, you fucking weapons-grade froot loop.

thank you for the interesting reply, which was not even directed at you.

Hearing a very strong rumour from an independant source that a deal for Debuchy has been done - €10m

I'm guaranteeing nowt BTW, just passing the message on.

Just to throw more weight behind the rumour Joe Cole has said he's seen Pardew at at least half a dozen games this season.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/jim-white/newcastle-revel-bizarre-renaissance-115329232.html

own-goal? cant remember that, hilarious if true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGxmIEVWafU

Injury time goal too in the 1st leg at Anfield making it 1-1. As Chelsea won the second leg 3-2 (going through 4-3 on aggregate) it meant that had he not scored it, Liverpool would have gone to the final on away goals!

Funniest bit though is.......

:lol:

Sorry to be a pedant, but they'd have went through 1-2 on agg because it went to extra time.

Manager Neil Lennon believes Celtic's title-winning party at Kilmarnock last weekend will persuade Fraser Forster to make his move to Parkhead permanent.

The Newcastle goalkeeper is nearing the end of his second loan spell.

"He knows we are very keen to get things tied up with him because he has had a fantastic two seasons here," said Lennon.

"The feeling he may have got on Saturday... I think it would be very difficult for him to leave here now."

Forster, 24, won a Scottish Cup medal in his first campaign with Celtic.

And a second success in that tournament remains a possibility if Lennon's men can negotiate a way past Hearts in Sunday's semi-final.

Forster has made 43 appearances in all competitions this term as Celtic cantered to the championship, keeping 22 clean sheets along the way.

"We are hoping to speak to his agent and Fraser himself in the next few weeks," added Lennon.

"He is making all the right noises at the minute so it is a case of getting things sorted out."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...tball/17694616?