NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone getting a bit of deja vu? Lots of names linked to in the press, a few confirmed by AP, yet no one of note bought? We'll be putting a last minute bid in for NZogbia before too long

Aye, it's been all fart and no shite for months . Bored of it .

Anyone getting a bit of deja vu? Lots of names linked to in the press, a few confirmed by AP, yet no one of note bought? We'll be putting a last minute bid in for NZogbia before too long

I can't remember a summer like it in recent seasons apart from the Championship.

Jan 2011 was very similar. We flogged Carroll and were waiting for him to be replaced as our top scorer. Lots of names leaked but ultimately Ashley kept his money in his pocket.

We are in a good position. Good squad, money available to improve it, European football to play. Shame if we didn't add a couple of decent players. Reminds me of the summer we only signed Bowyer on a free

Jan 2011 was very similar. We flogged Carroll and were waiting for him to be replaced as our top scorer. Lots of names leaked but ultimately Ashley kept his money in his pocket.

We are in a good position. Good squad, money available to improve it, European football to play. Shame if we didn't add a couple of decent players. Reminds me of the summer we only signed Bowyer on a free

It can always be worse, We've lost a lot of players but no one important which is the main thing. What we have added does look good if pre-season is anything to go by. A couple more new faces would be nice but if we start the season with what we have now I wont be worrying at all.

Hopefully. While we may not sign the 3 players mooted, 2 that can challenge the first team plus the ability to bring one in during Jan would be good.

Think we'll bring in 2 though of that quality? Hmmm, not sure.

AMSTERDAM - Newcastle United is in charge of Ajax in a difficultposition. Adelegation from the Premier League Club wasin Amsterdam and made an increased offer (reportedly of over eightmillion euros excluding bonuses) on Vurnon Anita (23).

The amount brings theAmsterdam - right before thecompetition starts againstAZ - in an almost impossibledilemma. Anita proved invaluable last season and Ajax do not want to lose. The midfielder himselfhassethissightson a transfer, however, put the board and asked to cooperate.

So by financial director Jeroen Slop and thetechnical heartof the assessment can bemade or Anita ever greater profitthan thenine or ten million who are expected to bedragged out. Gregoryvan der Wiel

The Ajax is justtwo years under contract and Gregoryvan der Wiel servesasa shining example. Therightback wasafter the World Cup in 2010 (up) eighteen million sold to Bayern Munich and Valencia offered last winter still total more than nine million. If Ajax now collectsfive million euros for him, is thatmany, because Van der Wiel isonly a year under contract.

Problem is that Anita Ajax must find a replacement and the'footballing defensivemidfielders' simply scarce.

Especially with the same chunk ofexperienceas the Dutch Antilles in 2005 at theageofsixteen made his debut in Ajax1 and since then hasplayed 108 league matches.

Pretty sure he doesn't play centre back :lol:

Apparently can play all over the place like Perch.

Fine I should of said defender and midfielder. LB or defensive midfield.

Edited by 2bias

He's around the same height as Shaun Wright-Phillips, really can't see him playing centre back :lol:

Read what I have posted. I have corrected myself if you want to be exact. LB and defensive midfield.

I reckon Amalfitano will play more of a wide/attacking role.

Aye, Squidward off to Swansea perhaps?....7mill euros for Anita is a good price if we get him at that....but signing Bigi as well, who in the flesh is like a Tiote "minime"....hmmmm.....

Edited by PaddockLad

Aye, Squidward off to Swansea perhaps?....7mill euros for Anita is a good price if we get him at that....but signing Bigi as well, who in the flesh is like a Tiote "minime"....hmmmm.....

I really am impressed with Biggi but I don't think anyone will be considering him as Tiotes replacement just yet.

Tiote will be away eventually but I dont think it will be this season. Another good season from him and no champions league football for us will see him off though.

I really am impressed with Biggi but I don't think anyone will be considering him as Tiotes replacement just yet.

Tiote will be away eventually but I dont think it will be this season. Another good season from him and no champions league football for us will see him off though.

Yeah but where does Anita fit in? Guthries replacement maybe? Amatifano and Bigi are cheap-ish punts, see how they go sort of thing....Anita has played for Holland, he's an established player at Ajax...

Yeah but where does Anita fit in? Guthries replacement maybe? Amatifano and Bigi are cheap-ish punts, see how they go sort of thing....Anita has played for Holland, he's an established player at Ajax...

I think he will jump above Jonas in midfield in whatever formation Pardew comes up with.

I thought your worry about competing in Europe was lack of squad depth, PL? Now we seem to be attempting to add depth you're worried about who might leave for them to fit into the starting 11.

Dutch Telegraph reporting we have made an 8mil bid for Anita. Also reporting Van Der Wiel was nearly off to Bayern for £18mil 2 years ago

That's an awful lot of money for Anita to sit on the bench. Especially when he sounds a very similar player to Tiote . . . .

AMSTERDAM-Newcastle United has brought the leadership of Ajax in a quandary. A delegation from the Premier League club was in Amsterdam and did an increased bid (of more than eight million euros allegedly without bonuses) on Vurnon Anita (23).

The amount brings the Amsterdammers – so right before the competition starts against AZ – in an almost impossible balancing act. Anita last season proved invaluable and Ajax wants him not lost. However, the midfielder himself has his sights set on a transfer and the Executive Board will be asked to work with.

So by financial director Jeroen Slop and the technical heart be created or the estimate will yield even more than the ever Anita nine to ten million euros that there can be expected to be dragged out of the bar.

Gregory van der Wiel

The Ajacied State just two years under contract and Gregory van der Wiel serves as a shining example. Could the right back after the World Cup in 2010 for (maximum) eighteen million are sold to Bayern Munich and Valencia still offered a total of over nine million last winter. As Ajax now still idolizes him for five million euros, is that much, because Van der Wiel yet but one year under contract.

Problem when Anita needs to find a replacement is that Ajax and the ' football playing defensive midfielders ' once sown now thin.

Certainly with a same chunk of experience as the Antillian Dutchman, who made his debut in 2005 at the age of sixteen in Ajax 1 and since then al 108 competition games played.