NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

I think he will jump above Jonas in midfield in whatever formation Pardew comes up with.

I thought your worry about competing in Europe was lack of squad depth, PL? Now we seem to be attempting to add depth you're worried about who might leave for them to fit into the starting 11.

So you're sure no one will leave?

I must admit I'm encouraged by us keeping hold of Ba as far as squad depth goes, I still think we should sell him as it would be good to bring in good money for him now rather than wait a year and possibly see his price go down in direct proportion to his knee flaring up.

As far as anyone else Its down to what offers come in....and if we've signed two and want another midfileder then it may indicate more leaving along with Guthrie. I'm concerned about how a relatively finanacially poor Europa campaign will affect our league form...I'd have rather missed out and gone all out for the top 4 this season. But we'll see. Sir Bob's euro-novices in 02/03 didnt lose a game after a european game and iirc they won nearly all of them. Am optimistic and looking forward to the season :)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want to sell one of the two forwards we have? :unsure2:

Could the situation be worse than selling Carroll and bringing in Shefki Kuqi? :lol:

Am on about selling him for daft money and bringing in a young un to replace him...under those circumstances I think its good business.

Could the situation be worse than selling Carroll and bringing in Shefki Kuqi? :lol:

Am on about selling him for daft money and bringing in a young un to replace him...under those circumstances I think its good business.

Well no but surely we should be learn from mistakes and not just think 'ah well, we have done it before, why not?'.

Clubs that could spend daft money are probably those who could have activated his clause. Plus I am not sure there is that many young forwards out there that can replace what he gives us but is attainable at a reasonable price.

Lastly we already need one forward, if we got rid of Ba we would need to sign two in the next few weeks.

I'm out :D

So you're sure no one will leave?

I must admit I'm encouraged by us keeping hold of Ba as far as squad depth goes, I still think we should sell him as it would be good to bring in good money for him now rather than wait a year and possibly see his price go down in direct proportion to his knee flaring up.

As far as anyone else Its down to what offers come in....and if we've signed two and want another midfileder then it may indicate more leaving along with Guthrie. I'm concerned about how a relatively finanacially poor Europa campaign will affect our league form...I'd have rather missed out and gone all out for the top 4 this season. But we'll see. Sir Bob's euro-novices in 02/03 didnt lose a game after a european game and iirc they won nearly all of them. Am optimistic and looking forward to the season :)

I can't say that nobody will leave as we know if the right offer comes in then we will sell, however Llambias has also said that Pardew's aim was to reduce the squad but bring in more quality which signings like Anita and De Jong/Carroll would do.

We've got a quality starting 11 apart from right back, however if anyone is out the back up is quite poor so it makes sense.

Edited by Baggio

voetbalpings ‏@voetbalpings

Frank de Boer: 'Vurnon Anita is zelf dichtbij een akkoord met Newcastle United'. #voetbalpings

No idea what the fuck it means like. :lol:

Maybe - but we've been linked with Anita and Debuchy throughout the summer.

Either way it'll be an interesting couple of weeks. Arguably we'll still need our principle targets of a CB (especially after yesterday), an RB and another striker. Assuming we don't sell any of the big names. Not too worried about business yet but am anxious that we get what we need - not a lot in terms of numbers but definite depth improvement.

I still think we'll get Douglas. The reason we haven't heard anything about it is because we can't have him over until the end of August anyway. If we can get him or another CB, and a 3rd/4th striker, I'll be happy. Anything else is a bonus.

I've been reading the Ajax fans opinions on bigsoccer and they see him as being a big loss.

"I think looking at those names, Ajax will have a huge problem in DM. To be very blunt, they are all not good enough (yet). I also think Newcastle is not good enough of a club for him (could go for top club with 1 more year at Ajax), but also the wrong club. The fact a destroyer like Tiote could become a hit over there tells me they don't go for real football. Anita is a triangle player. A positioner off ball, a passer on ball, a defender in case of a surging center defender, a pressure applier when the ball is lost. He's made for the passing teams in EPL (Swansea, Liverpool under Rogers etc.). He could even get into trouble when he enters a club that plays football by the wrong paradigm. I like Newcastle attackers, I like Krul being there, but not sure about the football at times and if it's optimal for Anita and by that optimal for Newcastle."