Newcastle v Liverpool

Gene_Clark

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad they've found another scapegoat, hopefully the fans keep backing him as he's doing a wonderful job as far as I'm concerned in fact he'll soon be up there with other legends like Howard Wilkinson. The longer they keep this mentally deranged old man in charge the better, I'm excited about how low they'll sink next season hopefully he'll spunk all his money on Grant Holt and Leon Brittain as they've done well this season.

:lol: "I have it on good authority".....from the tea lady :lol:

If you look at what Dalglish did to Keegan's team, you'd be in no doubt who's responsible for the waste of money at LFC

Isn't this just like when we all blamed Dennis Wise rather than Keegan?

*ducks*

:lol: I think the fruit of their labours is there for all to see. I include Dennis "Xisco" Wise in that.

I wish we'd had 101m to spend. Fair enough they've won one pot and have a good chance at another, but to be where they are in the league on that sort of outlay is shocking.

Check this Liverpool fan's defence of the King out:

I have it on good authority (a catering assistant who works in the Bootroom Cafe) that in a preliminery meeting which took place in Mid January 2011Kenny had expressed grave reservations about signing AC and left Comolli in no doubt he may not be what we were looking for. Commoli, surprised at the challenge to his authority, went over Kenny's head and practically press-ganged JH & TW to sign the cheque for 35 big ones. If blame is to be apportioned, then quite clearly it should not belong exclusively to the KING.

Aye that's the one I was on about. Fucking "sandwich maker spills the beans."

"It wasn't chhchhhing chhhhccchenny's fault. Chhhhhhhommoli went over the chhchhhing's 'ead and made 'im sign Chhhhchcharroll."

Whoa, put your mouth net on scouser. Alliteration like that is a food hygiene disaster waiting to happen. E-chhchhhhholi all over the shop.

Thats funny, I've never actually heard any Mag call Keegan "the messiah", but these bell ends do regularly call Dalglish "the king"...maybe its just an illiterative nickname from his playing days, but you do have to wonder about some of these scousers....

Mohammad Shahrul wrote:Im scratching my head, is feeling sad and a knife just like stabbing my heart now...

Its really hurt me when we lost badly... I love this club so much until I cant even

bare see it collapsing like this... The nervous when it was getting me everytime

Newcastle was launching an attack, like shaking my hand and fingers... The

moment I saw at the TV Carroll did something to the Mighty Red shirt, shocked me.

I was supporting and dreaming the win or draw when we were left 0-2 behind,

destroyed my innermost watching our legendary Gerrard, Spearing and

Shelvey struggling to protect the midfield, our back fortress. I hope our manager

is going to lead us to success after this, for the good and sake of our club

becoming the mighty one again.

Feel like Spud when hes lying in the gutter "teww Mark tae...." but its all worth it, best day at SJP for years, beautifully capped off with Iggy Pop - Lust for Life walking out the ground, or did I imagine that? We were better than them all over the park, Gerrard was shit, looked at the twitter walking up to see the teams and we couldn't believe he started with two twenty year olds in midfield, I wouldn't care if they were good they're both shite.

I couldn't believe how feeble they were at 2-0 down, old Liverpool would've been right in your face, they gave up, they just fuckin gave up, they didn't chase they thought fuck this, they're a broken depressed team. Carroll is a disgrace if he had've stood up he had an empty net, unless he was doing a Chopra (2009) only he will know. Brilliant day, strange I can't see pacinofan on the list at the bottom today. Funny that.

Scousers were low profile all day, when I was walking up to me seat this kid, above us staring me out, he looked like Peter Beardsley in 1984 same haircut, but fatter, and I sang there's only two Peter Beardsleys to him, he came back with "geordie swaaat", but when we came back for the second he'd put his hood up. I feel proper guilty now, genuinely that I must've upset the poor cunt.

For once I actually agree with you on this part of your post, there was no fight in them after you scored. Too many of them appear to have the attitude that because they've won a cup and qualified for Europe the league doesn't matter. Even Gerrard was low profile.

You deserved your win, well done, I hope you overtake Chelsea.

A great season for your club and you deserve all the plaudits, as we deserve all the shit we're getting, but I think next season will be a telling one for both our clubs.

Feel like Spud when hes lying in the gutter "teww Mark tae...." but its all worth it, best day at SJP for years, beautifully capped off with Iggy Pop - Lust for Life walking out the ground, or did I imagine that? We were better than them all over the park, Gerrard was shit, looked at the twitter walking up to see the teams and we couldn't believe he started with two twenty year olds in midfield, I wouldn't care if they were good they're both shite.

I couldn't believe how feeble they were at 2-0 down, old Liverpool would've been right in your face, they gave up, they just fuckin gave up, they didn't chase they thought fuck this, they're a broken depressed team. Carroll is a disgrace if he had've stood up he had an empty net, unless he was doing a Chopra (2009) only he will know. Brilliant day, strange I can't see pacinofan on the list at the bottom today. Funny that.

Scousers were low profile all day, when I was walking up to me seat this kid, above us staring me out, he looked like Peter Beardsley in 1984 same haircut, but fatter, and I sang there's only two Peter Beardsleys to him, he came back with "geordie swaaat", but when we came back for the second he'd put his hood up. I feel proper guilty now, genuinely that I must've upset the poor cunt.

For once I actually agree with you on this part of your post, there was no fight in them after you scored. Too many of them appear to have the attitude that because they've won a cup and qualified for Europe the league doesn't matter. Even Gerrard was low profile.

A great season for your club and you deserve all the plaudits, as we deserve all the shit we're getting, but I think next season will be a telling one for both our clubs.

An 8/10 season for us if we qualify for Europe. It will take us a few years to get to Tottenham's level on and off the pitch but we've got a good chance of doing it now. I think on and off the pitch, as a side and a business, we've overtaken Villa and Everton, and when you think in September 2009 we lost at Scunthorpe and Blackpool it's some turn around even eclipsing them.

Gerrard is a disgrace to Liverpool. Regardless what my feelings about Dalglish, your players or your club are, what Gerrard did is the same as someone like Shearer ridiculing and massively disrespecting Keegan in public. "Shoo, go away", this is to a bloke who won 5 or 6 titles as a player, 4 as a manager, and 3 European Cups in his playing days while being his countries most capped player and someone who is widely regarded as one of the greatest British players of all time. I can't stand Dalglish, but to Liverpool fans he is the ultimate legend, I don't care if it was heat of the moment stuff, Gerrard's public humiliation of someone of that stature was disgraceful.

An 8/10 season for us if we qualify for Europe. It will take us a few years to get to Tottenham's level on and off the pitch but we've got a good chance of doing it now. I think on and off the pitch, as a side and a business, we've overtaken Villa and Everton, and when you think in September 2009 we lost at Scunthorpe and Blackpool it's some turn around even eclipsing them.

Gerrard is a disgrace to Liverpool. Regardless what my feelings about Dalglish, your players or your club are, what Gerrard did is the same as someone like Shearer ridiculing and massively disrespecting Keegan in public. "Shoo, go away", this is to a bloke who won 5 or 6 titles as a player, 4 as a manager, and 3 European Cups in his playing days while being his countries most capped player and someone who is widely regarded as one of the greatest British players of all time. I can't stand Dalglish, but to Liverpool fans he is the ultimate legend, I don't care if it was heat of the moment stuff, Gerrard's public humiliation of someone of that stature was disgraceful.

completely agree with this. good post

Gerrard was trying to stop his manager from being booked for being on the pitch, but people will see it whichever way suits them. I can think of far more sticks to hit Gerrard with. He's always been a versatile player (much to his detriment for England) he's still probably the best RB at the club, but his best position is right mid which is where Rafa always wanted him to play. Gerrard hates that position and more or less refuses to play there.

I personally think he should have been told years ago to play where he's told to or leave. In the 08/09 season Rafa told him he had to play on the right for the coming season and he was proved right, Gerrard scored 24 goals and won the player of the year award, and we finished with 86 points, enough to win the PL in some seasons. He was fantastic on the right but the next year he was back in the middle. He's been a fabulous player for us, and I hope he still has a few years left, but if he's going to be as flat as he was on Sunday then maybe it's time he thought about his future.

Edited by Pacinofan

Gerrard was trying to stop his manager from being booked for being on the pitch, but people will see it whichever way suits them. I can think of far more sticks to hit Gerrard with. He's always been a versatile player (much to his detriment for England) he's still probably the best RB at the club, but his best position is right mid which is where Rafa always wanted him to play. Gerrard hates that position and more or less refuses to play there.

I personally think he should have been told years ago to play where he's told to or leave. In the 08/09 season Rafa told him he had to play on the right for the coming season and he was proved right, Gerrard scored 24 goals and won the player of the year award, and we finished with 86 points, enough to win the PL most seasons. He was fantastic on the right but the next year he was back in the middle. He's been a fabulous player for us, and I hope he still has a few years left, but if he's going to be as flat as he was on Sunday then maybe it's time he thought about his future.

He told him to go away because he was dealing with it, nothing to do with Dalglish getting in trouble more Stevie G thinking he's bigger than his manager imo. He was a good lad when he was young but he's turned in to a right wank, more or less from the point he won the CL.

No disrespect to Liverpool but he should've left years ago. I think Mourinho said as much himself. Gerrard could've been a worldwide icon, ability wise he's easily one of the best ten players worldwide of the last 15 years, and what's he won of global worth? One Champions League medal and that's it, in possibly the worst side ever to have won the competition. He should've been at a big club like Manchester United, Milan or Real Madrid from 22 or 23 he really was that good.

Gerrard looked to be playing far too deep on Sunday. Especially when he already had Shelvey and Spearing alongside him to do all of the work, I don't know if it was the role he was told to play (maybe protecting Flannigan a bit more), or his legs are starting to go. As he certainly seemed to be missing that drive of past years.

I personally think he should have been told years ago to play where he's told to or leave. In the 08/09 season Rafa told him he had to play on the right for the coming season and he was proved right, Gerrard scored 24 goals and won the player of the year award, and we finished with 86 points, enough to win the PL most seasons. He was fantastic on the right but the next year he was back in the middle. He's been a fabulous player for us, and I hope he still has a few years left, but if he's going to be as flat as he was on Sunday then maybe it's time he thought about his future.

He told him to go away because he was dealing with it, nothing to do with Dalglish getting in trouble more Stevie G thinking he's bigger than his manager imo. He was a good lad when he was young but he's turned in to a right wank, more or less from the point he won the CL.

No disrespect to Liverpool but he should've left years ago. I think Mourinho said as much himself. Gerrard could've been a worldwide icon, ability wise he's easily one of the best ten players worldwide of the last 15 years, and what's he won of global worth? One Champions League medal and that's it, in possibly the worst side ever to have won the competition. He should've been at a big club like Manchester United, Milan or Real Madrid from 22 or 23 he really was that good.

As I said, people will believe what they want to believe.

Mourinho wanted him as did Ferguson, he chose to stay at Liverpool and I'd say his medal haul isn't shabby at all, better than Shearers for instance. He didn't leave because his Dad made him see sense and Gerrard himself saw that it wouldn't have the same feeling winning the title with anyone other than his hometown club. The face saver for the southern press was that his family was threatened, this really annoys his Dad who says nothing could be further from the truth.

Two CL finals in three years is a fantastic achievement for the worst team to ever win it, I wonder why others couldn't do it.

As much as Gerrard`s career could have been much better, I find it a bit rich that us newcastle fans slate him for it, Shearer being the proverbial elephant in the room and all that.

Fotball isnt always about rational choices, if you love the club you are playing for, you might want to stay no matter how green the pastures seem at the other side.

History is plagued with fotballers who are or were "too good for their clubs". Its a mentality I dont particularily fancy, as soon as someone show a bit of talent they should fuck off to Manchester United sooner rather than later.

Much more interesting to have big players spread around a bit. Not everyone are Michael Owens..

Edited by Lake Bells tits

You sort of agree and you know it

I don't agree, we were genuine title contenders when he signed. It was us and Man Utd, the fact we broke the world transfer record meant on the face of it we were going places. We come second in his first full season, after throwing it away the season before, we should've been closer, then Dalglish ruins everything, and disaster strikes Shearer when he gets badly injured in that pre season cup at Goodison. Regardless what anyone says other than Ronaldo before that injury he was the best out and out striker in the world. After the injury he was class but not quite at that level.

OOT's are one thing but OOC's ffs.

And how does Gerrard fit into that arguement? Liverpool have been in CL semis and finals time and time again the past 5-6 years, and nearly snubbed Manchester United to the title in the 2009 season.

Its only the last 2-3 years the club has been in decline, coicindentally so have Gerrard due to injuries and loss of quality team mates. In company with players such as torres, Alonso and Mascherano I can perfectly understand why he decided to stay with his boyhood club.

And how does Gerrard fit into that arguement? Liverpool have been in CL semis and finals time and time again the past 5-6 years, and nearly snubbed Manchester United to the title in the 2009 season.

Its only the last 2-3 years the club has been in decline, coicindentally so have Gerrard due to injuries and loss of quality team mates. In company with players such as torres, Alonso and Mascherano I can perfectly understand why he decided to stay with his boyhood club.

2009 is the only time they've looked like they could win the title in 22 years ffs! I can say hand on heart there have been 3 occasions in March and April in that period where we looked like we could win it.

Yeah well, still close enough for a top player to stay for the 2009/2010 season I reckon. After that it all went tits up but at that point Gerrard was pushing 30 and injury-prone..

He nearly went to chelsea in 2005 but failing that Its understandable that he stayed and helped them push for CL and the title. The latter failed but not everyone accomplish what they set out to do,

especially when you are competing with Fergie. Came damn close though..

Gerrard has basically won a Champions League single handed iyam so I don't think his commitment needs to be questioned now at this stage of his career. Seriously, how LFC's name is on the modern version of the trophy is bordering on the absurd and ultimately down to him alone. It's in decline now as he's had his day, but not his fault. Very unlikable person much as many Scousers are, but a phenomenal performer for his club over 15 years.