mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

To be fair I get where they are coming from when watching us play. The last time I watched Sunderland play on the telly,  I really wanted the other team to beat them. Luckily we did. Since then, I have had no interest in watching them. 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Dazzler said:

image.thumb.png.02600938b25de380661d0ff673f25f77.png

Jack Clarke is the best winger in the championship, better than any current premier league winger and would be 8th in the premier league on his own. FACT.

They have the fucking brass neck to accuse others of being deluded, meanwhile here they are comparing Jack Clarke to Vinicius Jr without any mention of the level of competition each play at :lol: 

• Haha 9

Vini Jr :spit: 

I'd read till Doku and Kulusevksi hadn't gotten to Vinicious yet :lol: Anybody checked how he stacks up against Garrincha's carries into penalty area?

• Haha 6

Surely, at some point, some of these people need to understand that there are levels. I am sure most of us have played 5-a-side. We have all played with that lad who is just a cut above us (it was never me, I have always had zero ability) who manages to score 7 goals and make it look effortless. I have never thought to myself, 'wow, he has better stats that Haaland'. 

• Haha 11

3 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

Surely, at some point, some of these people need to understand that there are levels. I am sure most of us have played 5-a-side. We have all played with that lad who is just a cut above us (it was never me, I have always had zero ability) who manages to score 7 goals and make it look effortless. I have never thought to myself, 'wow, he has better stats that Haaland'. 

Howay, man. They can’t even get their head round the concept of players only being worth what other clubs are willing to pay ;) 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

:lol:

Quoted this for truth, absolutely spot on. They are repeatedly incapable of understanding the leagues are structured to segregate teams based on quality, and the quality of teams relates to the quality of tgeir players. Hardly rocket science. What is even more odd considering there experiences of yo yoing around the middle tiers. Getting promoted, going down on 15 points etc. 

How many times have they said they would beat from the top tier based on us getting a result? ManU, AC Milan, PSG, to name just a few. Even when we schooled them without breaking sweat they just don't get it. 

Edit: how did MancMag's trials at Barca go btw? 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Renton said:

:lol:

Quoted this for truth, absolutely spot on. They are repeatedly incapable of understanding the leagues are structured to segregate teams based on quality, and the quality of teams relates to the quality of tgeir players. Hardly rocket science. What is even more odd considering there experiences of yo yoing around the middle tiers. Getting promoted, going down on 15 points etc. 

How many times have they said they would beat from the top tier based on us getting a result? ManU, AC Milan, PSG, to name just a few. Even when we schooled them without breaking sweat they just don't get it. 

Edit: how did MancMag's trials at Barca go btw? 

Even when they were in League 1, any points dropped were because they were the biggest game in their opponents' season. It's not because they were pony.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Even when they were in League 1, any points dropped were because they were the biggest game in their opponents' season. It's not because they were pony.

Are you from Blyth (Seaton Sluice is a detail)?

Fucking pony?

image-asset.jpeg.83eacb5f3b2237cd244991f381ad5523.jpeg

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Are you from Blyth (Seaton Sluice is a detail)?

Fucking pony?

image-asset.jpeg.83eacb5f3b2237cd244991f381ad5523.jpeg

I'm well travelled.

• Haha 1

Since they wank off so much about Clarke I thought I’d take a look to see if he really was miles ahead of other Championship wingers around his age.

As surely at the very least he was the best performing one? In his age range at least? Turns out not at all :lol:

Jack Clarke - 23 year old - 31 starts - 14 goals and 4 assists

Morgan Whittaker - 23 year old - 29 starts - 16 goals and 7 assists

Crysencio Summerville - 22 year old - 26 starts - 14 goals and 7 assists

Jon Rowe - 20 year old - 25 starts - 12 goals and 2 assists

Is he doing well? Aye, but the way they go on like he’s some special talent while there’s others his age doing better or around the same I just don’t get it. They need to wake up to the difference in levels too, I thought the way our lot strolled past them in second gear would help them realize but it seems they’re still just as deluded. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Don't name me this way

...ah shite

No no no, no no no, no no no, ooh ooh

• Haha 3

There once was a man from Longleat 

Whose father was in Bronski Beat 

He did the hard yards

Listened to Communards

And would often 'Hit that perfect beat'.

• Haha 4

So STID3 is out. Might watch it but obviously for NUFC fans it will not be as funny as the previous 2. I suspect that will be true for the neutral too.

The SMB have several threads on it of course. THis one is funny.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/netflix-exposure.1627292/

It's quite insane. To summarise, it criticises the club for not capitalising on merchandise from the first two series, which made Sunderland a massive club on all SIX continents apparently. Apparently, accorsing to half a dozen on the thread, we're jealous as fuck of them because they're on Netflix. And my favourite, Stanger Things sold loads of merchandise and that was on Netflix, so why isn't the club selling millionsof replica shirts from their shed in Bishop? Sample posts below.

Like the difference in league quality thing, I'm not sure they actually get the fact that what made STID unmissable viewing, for neutrals and NUFC alike, was it was comedy gold and showed the club being utterly humiliated. :lol: The first series was a black comedy and the second was like a world class mockumentary. I fucking loved the Office, but not because Daivd Brent was a good example of an office manager. I watched it to laugh at Brent. And that was made up. 

image.png.5209d04a7e63318fb02fcb57b7b8ebf1.png

image.thumb.png.6bff596c9e63c9e8c1ed7891807b73c6.png

Fucking hell, this brain donor Nelford apparently can't tell the difference between a sit com and a documentary. :lol:

image.thumb.png.64f341d72cff218521b207e46e14b174.png

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 8

Someone's arse needs kicked at the SoL. If Kate Bush can resonate with a new generation of fans then surely the STID theme tune, 'where they used to build the boats' by errr.... someone....errr.....that should've been aggressively marketed and it shewalee should've been number one across the world? 

• Haha 6

As an aside I fucking love how they’re fully on board with KLD, ‘the model’ et al again after a couple of wins on the bounce :lol: 

• Haha 7

Screenshot_20240214_174946_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a119bcc271c2e55d11019945f8ef4f39.jpg

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

As an aside I fucking love how they’re fully on board with KLD, ‘the model’ et al again after a couple of wins on the bounce :lol: 

Yep, Jobe Bellingham, who scored what I would call a functional goal against a poor second tier defence, is England's brightest talent again. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 8

Imagine all the humongous mega deals coming in for their future ballon d'Or winners? It's truly a terrifying prospect for us Mags. The very thought is truly mind-blowing I'll admit. Not only will Sunderland lose these galacticos from their squad but they'll invest in a completely wise and sensible way with a completely understanding and patient fan base not having any wobblers. :good:

Tim And Eric Mind Blown GIF

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 6