mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

I’m not even sure exactly which lower league competition they’ve won but just like Liverpool & Leeds, at least the fans had to stay at home :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’m not even sure exactly which lower league competition they’ve won but just like Liverpool & Leeds, at least the fans had to stay at home :lol: 

I haven't watched any football since Friday night's abortion but a quick glance at rtg and I'm apparently.....checks notes...... crying into my gravy and my Sunday has been ruined just like Adam Johnson ruined my Christmas. :lol: 

(I wonder if the normal ones on there cringe at some of the patter?)

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I haven't watched any football since Friday night's abortion but a quick glance at rtg and I'm apparently.....checks notes...... crying into my gravy and my Sunday has been ruined just like Adam Johnson ruined my Christmas. :lol: 

(I wonder if the normal ones on there cringe at some of the patter?)

:lol: 

I’d hope so tbh otherwise all hope for that town is lost. I’ve no idea what they’ve won but they must surely know we won’t be bothered right? The same as we don’t count things like winning the Championship title, or the Intertoto cup, they’re not relevant trophies ffs. Then again this is the same fan base that were buzzing they knocked our U23 team out with their senior squad, and counted youth team and women’s team wins towards their “7 in a row marrrrraaass” nonsense, so maybe they do think we’d care. 

Personally, I’d like to congratulate them, I can genuinely say I hope they get the privilege of competing to win whatever this cup was for the rest of their history. The 9th story featured down the BBC football home page is massive for a club like them. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 4

59 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

Pretty sure the Papa John dude in the US had to resign after he was caught being an awful racist, so it's fitting for them somehow.

Aye, he’s trying his best not to say n****r, because it’s sooo hard not to… when you’re a racist. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/mar/09/papa-johns-founder-john-schnatter-n-word

42 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

There's a feedback form on their site for you to express your disdain at the lack of a carrot salad!

I wouldn’t know mate,  I try not to give my money to racists. 

30 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s good that they’ve broken their Wembley curse. 

In the least meaningful way possible 

With the winner coming from a man who is named after the bit between your balls and arsehole. 

• Haha 3