Ed Miliband

TheTaffer

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am the opposite, sort of. Gave him a fair chance and thought it was a good decision to elect him rather than David, for the obvious reasons of too close ties with the past government. But after his election to Labour leader, I've recently conceded that he isn't up to the job. This is awful tabloid-politic speak but I can't get over the essential fact that he is just too weak, I don't believe what he says. Everything the coalition has done would seem on paper to be a wet dream for the leader of the opposition - He isn't making the most of it.

George Galloway is claiming victory in the Bradford West by-election. If that turns out to be true, with a deeply unpopular government and a hated recent budget and the fact that it's fucking Bradford, that's appalling news for Miliband.

George Galloway is claiming victory in the Bradford West by-election. If that turns out to be true, with a deeply unpopular government and a hated recent budget and the fact that it's fucking Bradford, that's appalling news for Miliband.

I really really hope its not true

I think what you say is fair, I just saw hope in his response to the budget (if you haven't seen it, check it out on youtube) and recent pmq performances. The polls have also started to show labour has a decent lead. Whether it comes to anything is another matter

Edited by TheTaffer

He's just such an insipid, unimpressive bloke. Impossible to imagine him running the country.

This. I don't particularly dislike like him but he hardly inspires confidence as a leader. Can you imagine him engaged in talks with the likes of Obama, Merkel, Sarkozy etc. and being taken seriously? No matter what his policies are, he just isn't cut out to be leader of the Labour party and certainly not Prime Minister.

He's just such an insipid, unimpressive bloke. Impossible to imagine him running the country.

This as well.

A decent opposition leader would have been running circles around the coalition long ago.

Doesn't help that most of his fellow MP's didn't vote for him as their leader.

Delighted to see George back. Adds a bit of spice to politics.

I interviewed him after the emergency budget, just after the Tories got into power while the labour leadership race was kicking off. In an age where politicians are expected to have a personality my first impression was please don't appoint this guy. The Tories must be laughing their tits off - they're one of the most unpopular governments ever and the leader of the opposition is a nerd with a silly voice.

But then, John major won an election so you never know.

I don't think I've heard anything coming out of his bunged-up nose in terms of 'solutions' just a constant jellified stream of 'look how bad the other lot are' . Can't be arsed .

Aye. And this childish behaviour is magnified by the fact that he actually sounds like a child.

I hardly know a thing about Ed Miliband. The main things I do know are his eyes look bonky and during interviews he'll use the same answer whatever the question, even if it means repeating himself 43 times.

I hardly know a thing about Ed Miliband. The main things I do know are his eyes look bonky and during interviews he'll use the same answer whatever the question, even if it means repeating himself 43 times.

Can't remember which show it was (might have been 10 o'clock show) that showed him giving very same answer around a dozen times during course of a 10 minute interview . He even delivered it in the same pre-rehearsed tone each time like a brainwashed clown . If the interviewer had thrown a curveball in of "Ed - you've got shit on your shoe you shitty-shoed bastard" he would still have given this answer that, by Christ, he was determined to make .

I really really hope its not true

oh dear. oh dear indeed.

Must be heartening of you're a Labour MP though, cos if they'll put that prick in charge then you must feel like anyone has a chance.

Give the job to Bridget imo. She's actually got a deeper voice than Ed.