Other clubs summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian McDermott seems a good bloke but he's making the same mitake as a lot of other Championship coaches make after promotion...signing players from the division theyve just left. Fair enough budget comes into it, but if you get the right characters then there is so much more value abroad than in the home market. Looks like he's doing what Mick Mcarthy did with the tramps when he got them promoted....next season 12 points was their lot :lol:

Be interesting to see what moves they make.

They've sold these players to cover mounting debts, so it's not like they can buy like for like with the proceeds.

They can't sign like for like because it's more about getting their wages off the books. If they sign wisely- they could easily get 2-4 players in that makes the squad better in the future.

It's tough to lose Thiago Silva. But at 28 and Zlatan at 30, and both of their contracts expiring next year- this was the last chance to get real money for them.

Milan made a really intelligent business move.

Edited by colinh9

because he's African possibly?

relying on an all african strike force that we can potentially lose for quite a while would be a right bastard

Dempsey, an Italian kid who didn't make it at Chelsea, Siggurdson. All alreet players but on a par with the Henderson, Adams and Carroll signings for me. Not going to take Liverpool to the next level and may struggle at a big club. Genuinely not worried. Oscar and hazard at Chelsea scare me more.

Dempsey, an Italian kid who didn't make it at Chelsea, Siggurdson. All alreet players but on a par with the Henderson, Adams and Carroll signings for me. Not going to take Liverpool to the next level and may struggle at a big club. Genuinely not worried. Oscar and hazard at Chelsea scare me more.

Sigurdsson who signed for Spurs... ?

Nevermind letting the gentlemen's agreement to not sign swansea players for a year get in the way of paper speculation then...

Edit: bloody hell you're right! What an absolute fucking prick Rodgers is. :lol: