Other clubs summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

Looks like Arsenal have agreed a fee for Giroud. £12m apparently.

Another one of our targets (at one point anyway) not coming to the club...

There must be a striker lined up as it was definitely a problem in January.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The French Grant Holt according to some nimrod on the ITV commentary team. :lol:

The lack of knowledge about the foreign leagues is embarrassing isn't it?

Shearer saying "We'd never heard of Ben Arfa" had me physically wincing

he didn't say that did he?

jesus wept

After the everton goal iirc

This is why a lot of fans Think theyd be better pundits and they're not wrong, people watch Spanish, Italian, French, Dutch etc etc football cause they love it, I don't buy for a second that the guys on MotD know owt about foreign players who arent in the champions league every season

29 goals in 53 games. Must've been an unbelievable 3 months.

Think he was referring to Moses with the 3 months thing

After the everton goal iirc

This is why a lot of fans Think theyd be better pundits and they're not wrong, people watch Spanish, Italian, French, Dutch etc etc football cause they love it, I don't buy for a second that the guys on MotD know owt about foreign players who arent in the champions league every season

I don't see how knowledge of foreign players makes anyone a better pundit.

You just give a view on the game as is - adding "that's how he played for x" is meaningless to me.

That doesn't mean I think Shearer is good or anything but I find the FIFA 2012 type "knowledge" a bit Boring.

You just give a view on the game as is - adding "that's how he played for x" is meaningless to me.

That doesn't mean I think Shearer is good or anything but I find the FIFA 2012 type "knowledge" a bit Boring.

Greater knowledge of the game outside the country.

Pundits aren't revealing any tactical/coaching knowledge the majority of watchers aren't all aware of and they're certainly not there for their charisma.

The same way knowing lots about a variety of films makes you better at judging whether a movie is good or not.

Surly knowing and having seeing them play though you can tell if they are having a poor game or are just generally shit?

The same way knowing lots about a variety of films makes you better at judging whether a movie is good or not.

Don't agree. I rarely watch Rom-coms, westerns or war films but that doesn't make my opinion on say Prometheus any less valid.

Surly knowing and having seeing them play though you can tell if they are having a poor game or are just generally shit?

The past is the past - I concluded after 2 or 3 games that Obertan is shit - I don't care what he did anywhere else.

Don't agree. I rarely watch Rom-coms, westerns or war films but that doesn't make my opinion on say Prometheus any less valid.

Do you profess to be an expert voice on film?

Do you profess to be an expert voice on film?

No but it depends how broad the subject is.

If I was invited for example to be a reviewer of cult/sci-fi tv shows I could hold my own without having watched vast swathes of other genres.

I think you can comment on English football games (especially having played at that level in most pundits case) without knowing who the top players in other leagues are.

No but it depends how broad the subject is.

If I was invited for example to be a reviewer of cult/sci-fi tv shows I could hold my own without having watched vast swathes of other genres.

I think you can comment on English football games (especially having played at that level in most pundits case) without knowing who the top players in other leagues are.

However if there are others out there who have your knowledge, plus a whole load more, surely they'd be a better choice to cover the topic?

It also provides perspective; if you were to look at the Scottish Premier League in isolation, you might be under the impression that Hooper is a great striker.

And what About euro championship games? Europa or CL games?

World cup games?

Well I was mainly responding to criticism of Shearer re Ben Arfa but I think up to a point you can give an opinion based on an initial view of someone which is reasonable.

I don't think anyone has demonstrated the wide ranging knowledge you imply is needed but that doesn't mean all punditry is shit.

TRANSFER GOSSIP

AC Milan are considering a move for Liverpool's 29-year-old Spanish goalkeeper Pepe Reina. Full story: Daily Mail

Barcelona want a new defender and have Arsenal's Thomas Vermaelen, 26, Manchester City's Vincent Kompany, 26, and Chelsea's David Luiz, 25, on their hit-list if they are unable to sign their No.1 target, Athletic Bilbao's Javi Martinez, 23.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Manchester City midfielder Nigel De Jong, 27, who has one year left on his contract, says he is unsure about his future despite signalling his desire to stay at the Premier League champions.

Full story: the Sun

AC Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani has ruled out a move for Manchester City, Italy and former Inter Milan striker Mario Balotelli, 21.

_61016961_pepereina.jpg

AC Milan could make a move for Pepe Reina

Full story: talkSPORT

Sunderland are winning the race to sign striker Louis Saha, 33, who is a free agent after leaving Tottenham, ahead of interest from the Middle East.

Full story: Daily Mirror

West Ham have upped their bid to land Grant Holt, 31, to £5.5m after seeing a £3m offer rejected by Norwich.

Newcastle are ready to seal a deal for FC Twente striker Luuk de Jong, 21, by paying £9m but have failed to sign France right-back Mathieu Debuchy, 26, from Lille.

Full story: Daily Mail

Clint Hill, 33, signs a one-year deal at QPR - snubbing a switch to Leeds.