Other clubs summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

"a number of clubs thought to be chasing"? show me a transfer story that doesn't have those words in somewhere

that wasn't my main point anyway, it was the idea that hes not an impressive signing because no "top clubs" were after him that I was really after.

were we in a battle for most of our players, was anyone else after cisse?

apparently Blackburn were in for Cisse, King Kean didn't rate him highly enough I suppose...

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"a number of clubs thought to be chasing"? show me a transfer story that doesn't have those words in somewhere

that wasn't my main point anyway, it was the idea that hes not an impressive signing because no "top clubs" were after him that I was really after.

were we in a battle for most of our players, was anyone else after cisse?

So you're saying no other clubs were interested in him?

I like him as a player, be good signing for Arsenal. Certianly better then Chamakh.

who said anything about them beating anyone to sign him?

does someone HAVE to be courted by other teams in order to be worth signing?

They got him for something like 11 million I think. Could go either way that one. I think Wenger is sick of signing players who will fuck off in 5 minutes like Nasri so is going for more reliable/less exciting options. Bayern already had him and it didn't work out.

The article said so and i was wondering who would have been after him.

I personally dont rate him as high as some, obviously not as high as you. I dont care if someone is after him or not but clearly if he was a world class player then other big clubs would be after him. Not to say he is not good, I just dont rate him as high.

Yes, just because there is no competition it doesnt mean a player is not good enough, Cisse its an example. But the difference is that Podolski is a well known player. Unless all the other scouts are blind or have never watched a game in their life I am sure they know who Podolski is. Arguably the same cannot be said about Cisse since quite a few scouts missed him.

It was just a comment. I dont rate him as high. Dont get your panties in a bunch.

Some potentially exciting news for Sunderland now Emile Heskey has been told he won't be offered a new deal when his current one expires in the summer. :lol:

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has rejected reports that Barcelona have agreed a fee for Gareth Bale.

Spanish newspaper Marca on Friday morning suggested that Spurs had sanctioned Bale'sspacer.gif departure to Camp Nou for a fee of 40million euros (£32million).

Bale admitted last month that he would not be able to turn down a move to the Catalan giants and Barca defender Dani Alves said in a recent interview that the Welshman would fit in well with their squad.

However, Redknapp insists the 22-year-old will not be leaving White Hart Lane this summer.

"I don't know anything about [the story linking Bale with Barcelona]," insisted Redknapp.

"I wouldn't think there is the slightest bit of truth in that.

"Not a chance, I wouldn't have thought."

Wales international Bale shot to prominence with a series of stunning displays in the UEFA Champions League last season and has caught the eye again for Spurs this term.

http://www1.skysport.../11095/7748745/

Edited by Baggio

If Martin the Mackem continues his trend of buying from old clubs I would expect the Dullards to end up with both Heskey (Fuck all) and Agbonlahor (£2.50 and a packet of Smarties). They would suit the Mackems style of play perfectly as they are both shite and could not hit a Cows Arse with a Banjo from 5 paces.

One thing that'll be weird this summer, is that normally (the last few seasons anyway) if say Tottenham, Chelsea or Arsenal are after an exciting player from abroad I'll hope they get them so that I can see them play, this year it'll be improving the teams directly around us :mrt:

Isn't he on a quarter of a million a week? Can't see him being overwhelmed with offers on those terms.

Having said that, I'm pleased to see that there is a downside to having endless pots of cash: if you pay crazy money, you get mercenaries.

Loved listening to Kompany interviews after they secured the title. He was all about the next one, saying they need another 10 to start shifting the balance and he just wants those titles to rack up now. 1 is just the start.

This is less impressive.

Isn't he on a quarter of a million a week? Can't see him being overwhelmed with offers on those terms.

Having said that, I'm pleased to see that there is a downside to having endless pots of cash: if you pay crazy money, you get mercenaries.

tbf to him theres not a single word by Toure in that article its all agent talk

Is he even his real agent? It wouldn't be the first time some jokers spoke to the press claiming to represent the player only for said player to then turn around and say he's never heard of him. The standard of reporting and editing these days is staggerinly poor.

That said, it wouldn't suprise me at all if this is true. Footballers in the top leagues in particular are pretty much all mercinaries anyway and with a club like Citeh who don't have a history amonst the elite and a buying any top players they can, they are going to find they have a good few years of players acting like cunts to them. As Gemmil says though, I can't see many clubs jumping to pay those wages to anyone so he's probably stuck there regardless.

You think?

Toure is this bloke's goose that laid the golden egg. No way is he going behind his back with something this potentially damaging to his client's reputation with his current employers.