Top Posters In This Topic

Hierarchy of the Premiership imo

Level 1: Man Utd, Man City

Level 2: Chelsea, Arsenal

Level 3: Liverpool, Tottenham, Newcastle

Level 4: Everton, Aston Villa, Sunderland, West Ham

Level 5: WBA, Fulham, Norwich, QPR, Stoke

Level 6: Swansea, Southampton, Wigan, Reading

Just my opinion, but who above Norwich's level would seriously pay £3m for a 31 year old striker who has had one good top flight season (and it wasn't that good) in his career. Agree with Besty, who the fuck does he think he is. The best club he could ever play for would be someone like Celtic or WBA.

Hierarchy of the Premiership imo

Level 1: Man Utd, Man City

Level 2: Chelsea, Arsenal

Level 3: Liverpool, Tottenham, Newcastle

Level 4: Everton, Aston Villa, Sunderland, West Ham

Level 5: WBA, Fulham, Norwich, QPR, Stoke

Level 6: Swansea, Southampton, Wigan, Reading

Just my opinion, but who above Norwich's level would seriously pay £3m for a 31 year old striker who has had one good top flight season (and it wasn't that good) in his career. Agree with Besty, who the fuck does he think he is. The best club he could ever play for would be someone like Celtic or WBA.

I reckon any but everton of the set above norwich would go for him tbh.

"Done all he can at City" aye one jammy title they were literally seconds away from tossing away. Twat.

He'll be a massive loss if he leaves, head and shoulders the best midfielder in the league iyam.

What's the likelihood he's just fishing for more money?

It's the best time for Drogba to go tbh.

He's not the player he was but their fans opinion of him is higher than ever, he would be better leaving on a high rather than staying too long.

"We went through against Barça even though we are a lot less strong than we were in 2009," he told France Football. "Football is funny. I remember in November Villas-Boas had told me we would win the Champions League.

"I responded 'Are you dreaming or what? We've lost all our values. There's no more team. It's impossible'. Finally the return of the old players, with Lampard and me, did the team good."

Drogba added that order had been restored by the interim head coach, Roberto Di Matteo, following Chelsea's 2-1 victory over Liverpool in the FA Cup final earlier in the month.

He said: "When the house was a bit burnt in the previous months, we always defended the club's culture and identity. The party was huge in the dressing room."

He's right. Even now they're still acting like a bunch of cunts and illustrating their club's identity.

So the club's culture and identity is to spend 7 whole minutes of the 90 against Barca writhing around on the floor whilst peering at the ref?

If the officials had done their jobs properly he would've been booked for simulation and fined for his embarrassing antics, and Spurs would be in the CL.

Great player but one of the worst examples of sportsmanship in the modern game. China are welcome to him.

It's not as if we are trying to buy him from them and expecting him to take a cut on his guaranteed wage.

He must surely know he will struggle to get that wage somewhere else, maybe one of the Italian clubs if he's lucky.

Edited by Baggio

Thinking about it Kalou would offer us more going forward from the wide left position than Ba so if he does activate his clause then it could be an option for a replacement, then using some of the money for Ba to buy a young back up to Cisse.

What about Bosingwa? Surely he'd be worth a shot too especially considering the Simpson situation and the same arguments related to Kalou's wages would apply to him. Mind a lot of clubs will probably be interested in these two and many of them willing to offer more than us.

What about Bosingwa? Surely he'd be worth a shot too especially considering the Simpson situation and the same arguments related to Kalou's wages would apply to him. Mind a lot of clubs will probably be interested in these two and many of them willing to offer more than us.

Is the right answer. Though given that they're on free transfers I can see Ashley's interest being piqued. However, signing players like Bosingwa who are getting on a bit and judged not good enough for a 'bigger' club is really the opposite of what we're supposed to be doing.

So the club's culture and identity is to spend 7 whole minutes of the 90 against Barca writhing around on the floor whilst peering at the ref?

If the officials had done their jobs properly he would've been booked for simulation and fined for his embarrassing antics, and Spurs would be in the CL.

Great player but one of the worst examples of sportsmanship in the modern game. China are welcome to him.

Or you could say he is the product of what the game had been allowed to become. Players will do what they can get away with. I'd say that diving has got a lot worse since I started watching football, and because it has gone mostly unchecked we now have Drogba, Ashley Young and Peter Crouch - who thought nothing of taking a tumble to win a penalty that relegated Bolton, when his team had bugger all to play for.

Cath words to a man of course, but as you say in your second paragraph, if the officials did their job properly, either during the game or after with retrospective bans, then we wouldn't have this problem.

Or you could say he is the product of what the game had been allowed to become. Players will do what they can get away with. I'd say that diving has got a lot worse since I started watching football, and because it has gone mostly unchecked we now have Drogba, Ashley Young and Peter Crouch - who thought nothing of taking a tumble to win a penalty that relegated Bolton, when his team had bugger all to play for.

Cath words to a man of course, but as you say in your second paragraph, if the officials did their job properly, either during the game or after with retrospective bans, then we wouldn't have this problem.

You're spot on with all of that post.

Hazard seems to believe his own hype and knows his agent knows there'll be astronomical wages/signing on bonuses to be had so the guy is touting himself like he's on a street corner.

Diving has definitely become far too prevalent in the modern game. It's a wonder the officials don't do more about it when it's clearly stated in the rulebook that simulation is a yellow card offence. I imagine there's a few refs who bottle it because of the inevitable Chelsea-style hounding of the ref that would no doubt follow immediately. That's another thing that has to be stamped out of the game. Book a player for diving, if he hounds the ref book him again for dissent.

But then you get the feeling it's too easy to blame the referees for this. The real problem is higher up - the FA and FIFA who fail to recognise these as significant problems and instead focus more on trying to make referees who miss glaringly obvious infringements look less incompetent.