Wigan Athletic vs Newcastle United Saturday 28th April 3pm

Christmas Tree

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

charming! :)

Are you going into town for the Man City game?....I'll a allow you to buy me a pint as compensation for months of abuse on here ;)

I'm grafting on the Sunday we play the mackem mancs and the Sunday we play the scouse mackems as well. :(

Its time to put negativity aside and just ENJOY these games. We will smash these lads, going for a 3-0 win!

This notion that your view should be shaped entirely on optimism, as if that has any impact on reality, is winding me up.

Why should we put aside all critical faculty? This is the equivalent of saying Transformers 2 should be enjoyed irrespective of quality and if you don't like it you're miserable.

Wigan are doing brilliant, as are we. Should be a good game.

Strangely, I've got a good feeling about this....I think we might get 4 points this week....Arsenal at Stoke today, but Stoke aren't the side they were 18 months ago, weve twatted them twice this season. A win today and a win for manu on Monday would be a great weekends work. Wigan have been ok lately, but the reason why theyre down the bottom is inconsistancy. I bet every relegated side has looked like Brazil once or twice in the season. last week brought them back to earth with a bump and I think they'll stay there.

I'm grafting on the Sunday we play the mackem mancs and the Sunday we play the scouse mackems as well. :(

Thats shite, but financially beneficial.....if it cheers you up, am losing a fortune this week by having to go to fuckin Paris on Wednesday, so I cant go to Chelsea. Shes gonna be sat in the hotel on her own while I go out and watch though :D

This notion that your view should be shaped entirely on optimism, as if that has any impact on reality, is winding me up.

Why should we put aside all critical faculty? This is the equivalent of saying Transformers 2 should be enjoyed irrespective of quality and if you don't like it you're miserable.

Wigan are doing brilliant, as are we. Should be a good game.

Thats excactly what transformers movies are, shite films with high entertainment value. You dont have to think they are good to enjoy them.

Wigan are scraping relegation, doing brilliantly is going a tad overboard :lol:

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Thats excactly what transformers movies are, shite films with high entertainment value. You dont have to think they are good to enjoy them.

Wigan are scraping relegation, doing brilliantly is going a tad overboard :lol:

They don't have any entertainment value. They're 3 arse numbing hours of shit.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2011-2012/form-table/full

Wigan are is good shape at the moment but mainly away from home. I reckon we can go there and get all 3 points. I think spurs will beat Blackburn tomorrow despite them fighting to stay up. But Id hope them or Chelsea dropped points, cant see it though. Hope Man Utd beat City as well as I dont want City to come to us fighting for points as much. All we can do though is win today, thats the main thing. so long as that happens we remain in a good place. Anyone dropping points around us is a bonus.

With happy face here, you can enjoy where we are without turning into a drooling idiot incapable of critical thinking.

And transformers films are shit

None of

As opposed to your "balanced view" which will have an impact on reality? In the end its just words on a forum which noone gives two shits about.

We are three points clear in fourth with 4 games left of the season, going overboard with optimism is quite reasonable. I predict a win, not worried at all.

We are unplayable atm.

None of

As opposed to your "balanced view" which will have an impact on reality? In the end its just words on a forum which noone gives two shits about.

We are three points clear in fourth with 4 games left of the season, going overboard with optimism is quite reasonable. I predict a win, not worried at all.

We are unplayable atm.

Exactly.

Why make it an even more futile exercise in pointless cock rubbing? I like this place as somewhere to be informed and challenged on my opinion, somewhere to gain wisdom I can pass off as my own in the pub.

There's not a more empty argument than "you're just being negative."

You could be spot on about a comfortable win today, but those who are more cautious have sound reasons and it's not just that they spend their life with a double barrell in their mouth.

Edited by Happy Face

Exactly.

Why make it an even more futile exercise in pointless cock rubbing? I like this place as somewhere to be informed and challenged on my opinion, somewhere to gain wisdom I can pass off as my own in the pub.

There's not a more empty argument than "you're just being negative."

You could be spot on about a comfortable win today, but those who are more cautious have sound reasons and it's not just that they spend their life with a double barrell in their mouth.

Fair enough, but given our 6-win streak being optimistic should be an understandable point of view, all Im saying.

For about 26-27 here, after Ben Arfa became a regular starter we have started to play it much more on the ground and better in general. Sometimes wonder why people havent connected these two dots to a larger degree.

Aye I'm not mad optimistic about today, but I don't blame anyone who is after recent results. I've been expecting the wheels to come off for 34 games though.

Aye.

I'm not even negative about today either :D.

As I said, I thought 3 points were nailed on from it even before our current run of form, but Wigan have pulled off some incredible results recently, it's more about their form than ours,they won't just roll over.

I think their recent scalps are due to teams not taking them seriously. We will, and Moses will end up in Perchelèle`s back pocket.

The rest is plain sailing, I predict a modest 90 yard run by ben arfa to slot it past al-habsi ( is that the wigan keeper? shooting from the hip here)

I think their recent scalps are due to teams not taking them seriously.

The rest is plain sailing,

I predict a modest 90 yard run by ben arfa to slot it past al-habsi

3-0

Well lets hope Pardew takes them more serious than you.