NEWCASTLE UNITED ARE IN EUROPE

Ayatollah Hermione

does your head hurt :lol:

The fact you have quoted YOURSELF multiple times in your sig says EVERYTHING about you really! Could change a lightbulb just by holding it up seeing as the world revolves around you.

UTTER SHAMBLES OF A MAN

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but if we do get a Champions League spot, has anyone thought that we could be targets of a bid from abroad? We have all the foundations in place and would already be in the CL, seems like the perfect scenario for some multibillionaires.

What would people think about such a scenario? I'm happy the way things are, with a manager we can respect and a starting XI that I really like, bringing in better players than we've seen for many a year for a fraction of the price.

that multibillionaire would also surely see the value in the system that got us there.

unless its money theyve inherited they're unlikely to be such a dunce that they throw it all out to spend megabucks, it'd just be like pumping Carr full of performance enhancing drugs

that multibillionaire would also surely see the value in the system that got us there.

unless its money theyve inherited they're unlikely to be such a dunce that they throw it all out to spend megabucks, it'd just be like pumping Carr full of performance enhancing drugs

Also should consider that if the FFP rules are actually effective we could be best placed to kick on from there...

on those, did city get pulled up at all (or are they expected to be) for circumventing that with a ridiculous sponsorship deal with a company owned by their owner?

on those, did city get pulled up at all (or are they expected to be) for circumventing that with a ridiculous sponsorship deal with a company owned by their owner?

I think the fear is that a lot of the megabucks clubs like Paris Saint Germain, Man City etc. are going to get away with the sponsorship deal circumvention. I'm almost certain Citeh weren't pulled up on it, which is ridiculous. Quite an easy rule to write in to the regulations, that no company affiliated in any way with the owners can plough in extra money.

Guest CabayeAye

That stadium naming rights thing is just ridiculous. There are a thousand other ways to do it though, like selling stock to themselves etc. The only way to make it work is to bring in a wage cap and abolish transfer fees.

Aquirring players is the aim - not spending money, our recruitment policy has been a massive success!

The current financial policy is fine for where we are at; but to get to the next level, we need to spend money. We were meant to be seemingly thankful that Ashley was prepared to spend £9m on Cisse. Cisse is a quality buy and worth probably more but we should be spending money like that regularly. You spend money, you get quality, obviously it may not happen if you spend it on shit but no one is saying that. As I say, if he starts spending money, all fine and good.

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy. However, I can't see why it suddenly changes the fact that we were regularly qualifying for such competitions under Freddy Shepherd.

We've bought French league winners, leading goalscorers, supreme attacking talent and exciting Italian prospects with our policy. WHAT could you possibly want to see? Millions spunked up the wall Liverpool style?

Cabaye, Tiote, Santon, Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa. Howay then, what one isn't quality? Santon will be in a season or two, it's plain to see.

Genuinely, if those players had cost £100m Leazes et al, would be placated. We could have spent £8m on Cabaye, the same on Tiote, and Santon. £10m on Ba and £20m on Cisse and Ben Arfa.

There you go, £74m and I don't think I'm over-pricing anyone too much. Would that make sense? It's mental, it'd be like turning down the opportunity to buy a Ferrari because the guy is giving too good a deal.

How anyone can resist getting swept up in the good feelings around this club right now is a mystery to me.

We've got a great bunch of (on the whole) young lads who are playing with grit and producing some truly magical moments, we're beating the champions, we're taking 4 points off the dirty orcs down the road, we're exciting up front and resolute at the back. Oh and we're in Europe. EUROPE for fucks sake. Who would have predicted that would be anywhere on our radar when Joe Fucking Kinnear took over?

Fucking Hell man, just watch this again and get excited about next season!

:nufc: :nufc:

Genuinely, if those players had cost £100m Leazes et al, would be placated. We could have spent £8m on Cabaye, the same on Tiote, and Santon. £10m on Ba and £20m on Cisse and Ben Arfa.

There you go, £74m and I don't think I'm over-pricing anyone too much. Would that make sense? It's mental, it'd be like turning down the opportunity to buy a Ferrari because the guy is giving too good a deal.

How anyone can resist getting swept up in the good feelings around this club right now is a mystery to me.

We've got a great bunch of (on the whole) young lads who are playing with grit and producing some truly magical moments, we're beating the champions, we're taking 4 points off the dirty orcs down the road, we're exciting up front and resolute at the back. Oh and we're in Europe. EUROPE for fucks sake. Who would have predicted that would be anywhere on our radar when Joe Fucking Kinnear took over?

Fucking Hell man, just watch this again and get excited about next season!

:nufc: :nufc:

Nicely summarised. The bit in bold is absolute nail on heed too.

The current financial policy is fine for where we are at; but to get to the next level, we need to spend money. We were meant to be seemingly thankful that Ashley was prepared to spend £9m on Cisse. Cisse is a quality buy and worth probably more but we should be spending money like that regularly. You spend money, you get quality, obviously it may not happen if you spend it on shit but no one is saying that. As I say, if he starts spending money, all fine and good.

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy. However, I can't see why it suddenly changes the fact that we were regularly qualifying for such competitions under Freddy Shepherd.

We've bought French league winners, leading goalscorers, supreme attacking talent and exciting Italian prospects with our policy. WHAT could you possibly want to see? Millions spunked up the wall Liverpool style?

Cabaye, Tiote, Santon, Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa. Howay then, what one isn't quality? Santon will be in a season or two, it's plain to see.

Genuinely, if those players had cost £100m Leazes et al, would be placated.

there you go again, making things up about others, which you condemn. You really are a tool aren't you ?

Just to summarise though, do you confirm that you are happy with this season and are also happy that money has been pocketed and/or withheld from the manager, rather than attempt to do even better ?

Just to summarise though, do you confirm that you are happy with this season and are also happy that money has been pocketed and/or withheld from the manager, rather than attempt to do even better ?

I am happy that no money has been siphoned out of the club via "warehouse scams", aren't you?

there you go again, making things up about others, which you condemn. You really are a tool aren't you ?

There you go again cribbing one line from a post and asking a question that has, as it's foundation, an assertion that I don't think holds water.

As I've said to you before, either grow up and behave like an adult, or shut up.

There you go again cribbing one line from a post and asking a question that has, as it's foundation, an assertion that I don't think holds water.

As I've said to you before, either grow up and behave like an adult, or shut up.

as I've said to you too Dave, don't condone one person for "stating things others haven't said" when you and others do exactly the same.

In other words, grow up, stop being a hypocrite, and start to read posts properly and listen.

You could also tell mancmag and Gemmill to answer my questions, and put their money where their mouths are, but you won't and they won't either.

as I've said to you too Dave, don't condone one person for "stating things others haven't said" when you and others do exactly the same.

In other words, grow up, stop being a hypocrite, and start to read posts properly and listen.

You could also tell mancmag and Gemmill to answer my questions, and put their money where their mouths are, but you won't and they won't either.

Quote me the post where I've condoned one person for stating things haven't said. Do it now or forever shut up.

Quote me the post where I've condoned one person for stating things haven't said. Do it now or forever shut up.

He means 'condemn' you self proclaimed utter chum. You need to auto correct his vocab before you start to pick apart his comprehension.

Happy with this season? Yes.

Happy that money was held back to wait for the right player rather than rushing ahead just to spend the money because we had it? Yes.

Im happy with the slowly slowly approach rather than spend any penny we have just because we have it. Seems to be working doesnt it?

Why dont you drink your own medicine cocknose!

Why dont you drink your own medicine cocknose!

:lol:

Nodding in agreement with what JawD has succinctly put in this thread.

Amazed that some still aren't happy like. Get a grip man :lol:

He means 'condemn' you self proclaimed utter chum. You need to auto correct his vocab before you start to pick apart his comprehension.

:lol:

Gold.

Happy with this season? Yes.

Happy that money was held back to wait for the right player rather than rushing ahead just to spend the money because we had it? Yes.

Im happy with the slowly slowly approach rather than spend any penny we have just because we have it. Seems to be working doesnt it?

slowly slowly ? After a season and a half, we aren't going to see that money, and we never were going to see it, or do you think otherwise ?