Greatest NUFC player of the Premier League era award

ajax_andy

For the NE HUB Blog I decided to focus on who the greatest player from each of the big 3 NE clubs was, and started with Newcastle United.

Please have a read and let me know what you think. Not the easiest of things to write so am sure there'll be plenty of stuff I could have included but didn't, or maybe some mistakes, and so as always I look forward to your comments and if I got any facts wrong please let me know so I can quickly change them :)

http://thenortheasthub.com/blog/part-1-20-years-of-the-premier-league-awards-newcastle-united/

Without a doubt your answers will be:

Newcastle: Shearer

Sunderland: Phillips

Boro: Juninho

FWIW I still reckon Pedro is the best player I've seen in a Newcastle shirt. And I think he was better in his second spell than he was in the first.

Without a doubt your answers will be:

Newcastle: Shearer

Sunderland: Phillips

Boro: Juninho

FWIW I still reckon Pedro is the best player I've seen in a Newcastle shirt. And I think he was better in his second spell than he was in the first.

Haha yeah I'm not exactly going to be throwing up any surprises really am I? :D

LLbanHf7rel3qpp2LHgrCe3Qo1_250.jpg

Billy Askew - Jim Smith's 'final piece of the jigsaw'. Don't know what the jigsaw was meant to be when it was completed, mind.

Without doubt the best NUFC player there's ever been that looked like an oompah-lumpah.

Just seen Andy's 'PL' proviso!

Edited by Howmanheyman

LLbanHf7rel3qpp2LHgrCe3Qo1_250.jpg

Billy Askew - Jim Smith's 'final piece of the jigsaw'. Don't know what the jigsaw was meant to be when it was completed, mind.

Without doubt the best NUFC player there's ever been that looked like an oompah-lumpah.

Just seen Andy's 'PL' proviso!

Heard a story about him in the Ritzy circa 1990, some lass asked him to dance and he went "I don't dance, I fuck, I smoke and I drink and that's it."

He lived near where I did, when he was here, fuckin absolutely mint bloke to say he had a mackem accent used to have a kick around with us, I megged him iirc. Had the angriest staffy yev ever seen as well.