What will happen this summer and January

LeazesMag

Plenty of people speculating, over players they want to sign, and players they want to keep. Saying how the club can move forward on the pitch etc.

Aside of what you want to happen, and we all want the club to do better next years, what do you think actually will happen in the next 2 transfer windows ?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly have not got a clue re people leaving but I am sure we will be adding regardless. Depending upon which Euro competition we are in dictates the level in £ we spend and quality we bring in. But I do have confidence in this management team (after many years of hating them)

If we are offered money that the board feels is more than the player is worth and they see him as replacable, he will be sold.

We will keep looking for young players for a reasonable fee, especially on the free or with contract clauses.

I think the board will adress our back-four issue. Simpson and Williamson are not good enough and I think the board recognizes that this is our achilles heel.

shortage of posters here....come on, what's wrong with you knowledgeable people :lol: out there ie Gemmill, mancmag, Baggy etc ? :lol:

Edited by LeazesMag

I expect we'll use the summer to sell all our best players, and will wait until January to not give the manager the cash proceeds from these sales.

Excellent idea for a thread btw. This definitely hasn't been covered elsewhere.

I expect we'll use the summer to sell all our best players, and will wait until January to not give the manager the cash proceeds from these sales.

Excellent idea for a thread btw. This definitely hasn't been covered elsewhere.

you're getting there, except I haven't seen you say that elsewhere :lol:

I think we're in genuine uncharted territory atm so it's a really thought provoking question for me.

I realise I'm often criticised for not offering my opinion, however on this occasion my guess would be: a deluge of flawed predictions in the summer, followed by a raft of full and frank apologies in January.

We'll make some necessary signings - a central defender and a left back. At the same time we will sell some players IF offers come in that are deemed acceptable. The potential sale of those players will result in their replacements being sought but not at the expense of getting a good deal - that is to say that there's every chance they won't be replaced in the summer but will eventually be replaced down the track. By that stage the cycle will continue.

This could continue to provide decent results pending continual astute purchases.

Nobody big leaving unless we get a silly offer, as is the transfer policy AT EVERY CLUB IN THE WORLD.

Roy Keane was saying Ronaldo is looking a snip at £80m, I think he's right!

140 Games, 142 goals :lol:

97 Games, 108 goals :lol:

Is that per impressive thigh?

140 Games, 142 goals :lol:

Pah.

Ronaldo: 1.01 goals per game.

Cisse: 1.1 goals per games.

£80 million indeed.

Ronaldo has just been utterly immense at Real. Delighted he fluffed his penalty in the shootout and that it counted in them losing out. You only get away with that for one club and that's Man U.

On the business side of it though, a bargain at £80 million as Keane says. Huge money for Man U in the short term but a key player they've been unable to replace. Not their fault though as the player wanted to leave/more money etc etc at the end of the day. That's just modern football.

Plenty of people speculating, over players they want to sign, and players they want to keep. Saying how the club can move forward on the pitch etc.

Aside of what you want to happen, and we all want the club to do better next years, what do you think actually will happen in the next 2 transfer windows ?

I think this summer we will sell a big player. Lets say £20M. I think we wont spend all of the money we get from that and people will be up in arms. but then we will have kept some back and will spend it in the Jan window.*

*This may change if we get in to the CL. I think that will at least allow us to hold on to what we have and still bring in 2-3 players, only getting rid of the fringe or lower ones.

you can only replace the 2nd best player in the world with the best. Good business for ManU, obviously they would be a better team with him in it, but they have backed their manager over the years and he has done his best so far with the money. They will continue to do so too, although Alex Ferguson may call it a day as a manager soon. If they win this title, he may have one more shot at the European Cup, who knows. They also miss Tevez too, another player so good it is extremely difficult to replace adequately.

They could win the title, we all know the game on Monday while not being a decider is a huge deciding factor, but their team is not as good as when they had Ronaldo and Tevez. Wellbeck is a good player, but I'm not really sure he is up to the standard ManU are used to seeing, and Berbatov has never commanded a permanent place. They need an absolute top partner for Rooney if they win this title and want a serious assault on the European Cup again, as well as the same to replace Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs.

Edit. Ronaldo - I was hoping Real would have won the semi final and dicked Chelsea in the final. Shame. I hope Bayern win now, that's not an anti-English but anti-Chelsea sentiment, I usually want the English teams to do well and win in europe. I think it is wrong that one of the teams play on their home ground too, they should have a 2nd stadium so this doesn't happen. It happened to Liverpool in 1984 I think when they beat Roma in the Final, an outstanding performance by anybody's standards.

Edited by LeazesMag