Advice

catmag

No, I'm not asking for any (although maybe I should) but it's more to find out how many people ask for advice when they're unsure about something or whether they're stubborn enough to think that they know well enough to make decisions without any input whatsoever?

Generally (as most of you are blokes) blokes are pretty bad at asking for advice cos they see it as a sign of weakness. Do you think this is the case or would you always confide in your mate/missus etc if you had something on your mind.

Once you've been given advice, would you use it, or just do exactly as you please anyway?

I'd ask advise about anything I'm not sure about.

But not always heed it.

If I have seen further, it

is only because I have stood on the shoulders of giants

I haven't got anyone to ask for advice, because everyone I know is stupid. That's just a reflection of the area I live in. And before you start, I don't think I'm Warrington's answer to Einstein; I'm quite thick myself, but I know not to take advice from morons.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Seldom ask it. Usually try to figure stuff out myself. If its a business thing then I've a few people who I run things past but still decide for myself.

No, I'm not asking for any (although maybe I should) but it's more to find out how many people ask for advice when they're unsure about something or whether they're stubborn enough to think that they know well enough to make decisions without any input whatsoever?

Generally (as most of you are blokes) blokes are pretty bad at asking for advice cos they see it as a sign of weakness. Do you think this is the case or would you always confide in your mate/missus etc if you had something on your mind.

Once you've been given advice, would you use it, or just do exactly as you please anyway?

I often know what I'm going to do, but like to check this with one's that I trust as a kind of fail safe.

Only the really big stuff, (like going to Uni, moving to London, that kind of thing.) or the really little stuff like which restaurant to go to or which movie to watch next.

Anything in the middle is mine.

Mmm..lots of mods don't ask for advise it seems :glare:

Oh I should have added, apart from working out how to do stuff on here.

Aaaaaaaaant!

I'd ask advise about anything I'm not sure about.

But not always heed it.

This.

I've become loads better over the years at work for asking for advice. Used to always try and figure it out myself, now when I'm far more experienced it seems rather daft but I'm much more able to accept I don't know and ask someone who I think does. In terms of personal life/problems there are only certain people I'd trust, and even then I might just go with my own gut instinct.

Cannit believe it when people ask for advice on here either.

I always give those threads a wide berth.

Save it for Woman's Own man.

:lol:

Wykikitoon hasn't seen this thread yet, has he?

Cannit believe it when people ask for advice on here either.

I always give those threads a wide berth.

Save it for Woman's Own man.

I love those threads, nearly always ends in hilarity.