England

LeazesMag

Watch some games, the average English footballer is technically lightyears behind his foreign counterpart. It really is that simple, and if you read Parky's number of coaches stat (here/Germany) it's not surprising.

It's not just the number of coaches, it's also what they're coaching

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The immigration thing I mentioned with Germany is spot on. All of this how you coach kids too, now it has some merits, but it's not the be all and end all. England's best era for players came when the country was skint and there was little or no training or youth development. Look at Bobby Charlton. As anyone who's ever been to Ashington will tell you it's one of the most deprived places in Western Europe. Wor Jackie learned how to play football kicking a stone about, and German players were NOT more technically gifted than us 10 years ago, they weren't 20 years ago, and they weren't 30 years ago. The whole argument has arisen because of our current group of players are shite.

I wouldn't be surprised if kicking a ball around the back streets is the best way to learn footy. Once a kid gets on the big pitch with a tracksuited arsehole who screams "Early ball" or "get rid" the minute he gets the ball, any hope of turning out a Gazza or a Hoddle is gone

Kitman it is the best way to learn. Do you think Messi learned how to play by listening to some old Charles Hughes type with his coaching badges? Economically deprived countries produce better players. Xavi and Iniseta's families were paupers, nee money, nee Super Nintendo, here's a baal son. Argentina has always been a relatively poor country, you think their coaches are the best in the world?! Grass roots is what its about, if you've got the basic talent, coaching can tweek a few things, but its not the fundamental thing. The fact is we haven't got enough talented kids, because the British youth are fat lazy little spoilt cunts and because the coaching is so backward.

We've got more chance of winning the league than Wolfsburg did in 2010, and Montpellier even last season. Honest to god Newcastle are head and shoulders better than England.

Playing on concrete with a tennis ball produces better players.....loads of old time players will tell you that, I remember reading an interview with Gerry Muhren of Ajax & Holland, he regretted the passing of what he called "street football"...parents dont let their kids out to do it now, too dangerous, so they have a "coach" down the local rec to show them how to play instead of learning for themselves that falling on concrete is fuckin sore so you learn to stay on your feet. Playing with a tiny ball improves your touch immersurably when someone finally appeared with a full sized leather ball. I'm sure I dont need to tell the older ones on here about that, its how we all learned how to play the game in the days when mothers would kick you out the house at 9-30am "go out and play!!!"

Murhen also refused to go a 100 miles to Germany to play in the WC in 74 because his son was ill. He once played for Ajax in the Bernebau v Real in a European tie and played keepy-uppy in the centre circle because he was from the generation who could play off the cuff with real confidence. Some of those playing for England last night were hiding from the ball, a fuckin joke.

Edited by PaddockLad

:lol:

Ajax style pristine training complexes and schools of excellence make for shit footballers. The FA need to introduce Wipeout style obstacles on hard concrete training pitches that have a bed of broken glass on them.

Kitman it is the best way to learn. Do you think Messi learned how to play by listening to some old Charles Hughes type with his coaching badges? Economically deprived countries produce better players. Xavi and Iniseta's families were paupers, nee money, nee Super Nintendo, here's a baal son. Argentina has always been a relatively poor country, you think their coaches are the best in the world?! Grass roots is what its about, if you've got the basic talent, coaching can tweek a few things, but its not the fundamental thing. The fact is we haven't got enough talented kids, because the British youth are fat lazy little spoilt cunts and because the coaching is so backward.

I could name ten 3rd world countries where football is the main sport and their national team is hopeless :lol: You are spouting some shite today mind Stevie.

This would be the Argentina that went out at the 1/4 finals of the last 2 world cups AND the last Copa America?

As a big lad in my school team I was groomed only to ever play at centre half or centre forward. Instructions bellowed from a parent coach on the sidelines usually included.

"hit the big man"

"if in doubt, hit it out"

"go long"

"battle for the second phase ball"

"scraps!"

....got to wonder if things have moved on at all on last night's evidence.

As a big lad in my school team I was groomed only to ever play at centre half or centre forward. Instructions bellowed from a parent coach on the sidelines usually included.

"hit the big man"

"if in doubt, hit it out"

"go long"

"battle for the second phase ball"

"scraps!"

....got to wonder if things have moved on at all on last night's evidence.

Should have donned the alice band, hair gel and started playing in the hole.

I recall a footy coach coming down and trying to "teach" us by having a game on a full size pitch when I was about 7.

We were just a typical scrum all around the ball kicking and shoving with absolutely no structure offered by the "coach"

He stood amongst us shouting 'FIGHT FOR IT!' "GO FOR GOAL!" "GO PAST YOUR MAN!" before clearly getting pissed off, nicking the ball himself skinning a fat kid, pushing over the kid in gegs and smashing it past the terrified little boy in goal.

Edited by trophyshy

I think Roy to a certain extent played safe. Playing Milner ahead of Walcott was playing safe. Playing 4-4-2 was playing it safe. Playing an unfit Rooney ahead of Carroll, Defoe or Ox was playing it safe.

What's more we didn't have some of our better players available. Having Barry, Lampard and Wilshere available would have given us more control in games.