Euro 2012 Catch-all Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BBC should give the laconic conceited goon a full match commentary of his own to do to make him realise he hasn't got the skills to pay the bills . It would sharp re-focus his shit patter . I think he sees himself as a bit of an EDGY renegade or something ? It's falling pretty short these days now though - what with his deployment of the *sniff* 'full stops' as joke indicators .

Fact of the matter - he's a very lucky chap doing what he's doing, going where he does and no doubt wants for nothing materially or monetarily as a result .

As KevinsA said, his strange self-congratulationary laughter *just off mic* has the air of mental instability too . Pretty unpalatable on that form tonight .

The laughter sounds very affected; he did it a lot during this game. I think Jonathon Pearce is shit too mind. He starts to go off on random tangents:

"Tickets are quite cheap here, around 30 euros; the average monthly wage is 300 euros in this part of Ukraine. A pint of milk is 50p; a beer will set you back 2 euros."

Cue Lawro:

"Is there any currency you haven't mentioned yet?"

Yeah I recall that particular lead balloon . There was some other moment where he was overtly spikey that was a real needle skipping on the jukebox 'meaumnt' from him tonight too (

when he deployed the forced congratulatory laugh when they talked about the referee .

L "*snidey* . . is this the millionaire ref"

P "yeah he sold his business. . just refs for the love of the game"

L " . . YEAAH RIGHT AHA-HA-HA [till fade]"

so fuck !? Just awkward to behold generally.

The BBC should give the laconic conceited goon a full match commentary of his own to do to make him realise he hasn't got the skills to pay the bills . It would sharp re-focus his shit patter . I think he sees himself as a bit of an EDGY renegade or something ? It's falling pretty short these days now though - what with his deployment of the *sniff* 'full stops' as joke indicators .

Fact of the matter - he's a very lucky chap doing what he's doing, going where he does and no doubt wants for nothing materially or monetarily as a result .

As KevinsA said, his strange self-congratulationary laughter *just off mic* has the air of mental instability too . Pretty unpalatable on that form tonight .

I agree. The red button will be used next time, 5live commentary would be better than that crap.

Honestly I think Alan Green's worse than Lawrenson. At least Lawrenson's only a co-commentator.

Agreed about that fake laughter when the ref doing it for the love of the job was mentioned btw. He just kept going with the laughter...and I kept cringing....and he kept going.... I nearly cringed myself inside out by the end of it.

Asking who the best commentator is is like asking what the best reason for a hospital visit is. Over 2 hours of unscripted tv everyone is bound to spout some utter garbage, but I prefer Green's shouty criticism to Tyldsley's sycophantic reminiscing.

Sweden v England is live on the BBC tomorrow. Guy Mowbray and Mark Lawrenson will provide the commentary, but if you press your Red Button you'll get alternative commentary from Chris Moyles and Comedy Dave. BBC1 from 7pm.

I'm considering it...

Was talking to a lad at work about this earlier. Anyone remember when Moyles first started on the radio, he had a feature where he would predict that weekends scores, and the big joke was that he had no idea about football and had never been a fan? He would come up with nonsensical commentary bits to underline the fact that he had barely seen a game in his life.

Fast forward 10 years and he's devastated at Leeds getting relegated and here are few years later he's playing the celebrity England fan. What a prick.

Was talking to a lad at work about this earlier. Anyone remember when Moyles first started on the radio, he had a feature where he would predict that weekends scores, and the big joke was that he had no idea about football and had never been a fan? He would come up with nonsensical commentary bits to underline the fact that he had barely seen a game in his life.

Fast forward 10 years and he's devastated at Leeds getting relegated and here are few years later he's playing the celebrity England fan. What a prick.

I thought I was the only one who remembered. It was the big CL run they had when he started "supporting" them, even then he was practically begging for free tickets on air.

He was always getting free signed shirts too.

At least we haven't seen James Corden yet.

Are you fucking mental? Say his name three times and he appears and tries to tell a joke!