Family day out ideas for school holidays

Howmanheyman

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Souter lighthouse.

Need a kid friendly lunch spot/pub nearby.

Anyone?

5 or 6 ish?

Ratller can be a bit pricey but you can sit outside at the back on the beach and the young un can play in the dunes 5 metres away.

otherwise head to the dunes (soft play) about another 400 yards along the beach.

The bait in The Rattler is shite like. Just to be warned.

If you go to the Dunes there's a Sambucas in there for a bit better scran.

You should sack the bait off there though and head up to Ocean Road for some Colman's fish and chips. :)

The bait in The Rattler is shite like. Just to be warned.

If you go to the Dunes there's a Sambucas in there for a bit better scran.

You should sack the bait off there though and head up to Ocean Road for some Colman's fish and chips. :)

I know people rave about Colmans but I think they are pretty shit. Last time I had some I gave them to the seagulls.

They do food at the Grotto too, don't they? And there's a canny spot for the bairns to play out the back.

It's meant to be canny there for food now actually.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Anyone know of out on today (with kids).

My choices so far seem to be work, seaham car boot sale, a National Trust visit, an amble around some quaint but dull half open town or retail urghh therapy!

Anyone know of any other events on today?

• 1 year later...

And again........

My usual yearly reminder that a week on Sunday (Fathers Day) is the North Yorkshire show.

http://www.northyorkshireshow.co.uk

Prices: Ad £8 Ch £6

This is a great day out with loads of animals, cake tent, beer tent, vintage car show, small funfair, motorcycle display team, steam engines, food tents etc etc [emoji4]

Why do they all dress like members of an SAS squadron thats just been dropped from a Chinook near Leipzig circa 1972?...

:lol:

I think I asked this question and was told some line about a few of them use the same gear for fishing etc. I don't particularly buy it and a few do seem to have a military them going on (by no means all).

Some even have special strap on knee daggers (for digging), which is a bit alarming!

e8f815e625c51b43cc134777f9960acd.jpg

f152da222f372521080c2d82893d4e0d.jpg

And the spades look like something out of a horror movie.

1eea3debdae329b9a5f2948201359f7f.jpg

I usually wear my golf ping waterproofs and use a dainty little border spade. :lol: