When is it acceptable for a bloke to cry?

BigWalrus

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are dogs an equal member of the family as a child is? I honestly don't get the comparison.

I'm not saying that at all. What I'm asking is why would I be expected to feel sorrow or grief for a farmyard animal that I've never met before? Their death is very much different from the death of a family pet.

How many people cried when lassie was in bother in the films?

How many people have cried over animals dying in films?

How many people have had to try and swallow the golf ball logged in their throat whilst trying not to look a right sissy when something sad happens in a film to do with a dog?

I'd guarantee everyone has but bravado will stop a few from admitting it I'm sure..you know, the real hard cases who eat glass for breakfast. lol

I wouldn't choose my dog over my child or my family but I would choose it over any human being that wasn't close to me.

Eh? If a car is heading towards your dog and a stranger walking it, you'd save the dog?

Eh? If a car is heading towards your dog and a stranger walking it, you'd save the dog?

Too right I would, without a second thought.

Before I saved the dog, I'd shout to the bloke about to be mown down, " oi, what the fuck are you doing walking my dog."

Edited by wolfy

:lol:

Headline the next day

"Man Saves Dog"

Everyone thinks you're a hero...until they read the sub....

"child walking it killed"

Nah, if it was a child I'd save the child. If it was a man wearing a trilby though and he was walking my dog, I would be furious and say," I've heard about bastards like you, here have a drop of Ford Mondeo bumper in your kipper" the do a slow motion and grab my dog , causing us both to roll over into the kerb whilst we both watch the trilby hatted stealer, fly over the bonnet of the car. THE END. :naughty:

I was once going through a dreadful break up and I was extremely upset about it, drunkenly one night I shed a tear on the tube. Some stranger leant over to me, gave me a hard stare and said through gritted teeth 'save that shit for at home'.

I was once going through a dreadful break up and I was extremely upset about it, drunkenly one night I shed a tear on the tube. Some stranger leant over to me, gave me a hard stare and said through gritted teeth 'save that shit for at home'.

Haha class, a good old morale booster. :lol:

I've had a pet cat die and I was sad, but nothing on the same scale as losing my grandparents. whenever I see the posts on here about pets dying and people saying things like "my thoughts are with you, it's like losing a member of your family" my immediate thoughts are is it bollocks, it's only a fucking cat.

I see lots of blokes cry when their babies are born. It's not so much sobbing as a manly sniffle and wiping their nose with the back of their hand but its quite endearing :)

Personally I think it's just pure terror and relief that they didn't have to do the giving birth bit...