Newcastle v Norwich City: 22nd or 23rd Sept

Gene_Clark

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's Pardewspeak. ;) He knows full well what's going on but he also knows how to manage expectations.

Like what Pards has done today. We look very fluid.
--- Park Life. 2012

This forums not big enough for two contrary cats tbf ;)

Edited by Christmas Tree

By the way :lol: knowing what a stickler you are for facts......

I posted that video before the season started as a pop at Team Positive.

I also didnt comment in the Wigan thread.

Dont let any of that get in the way of a good moan though :)

I wasn't having a moan, I was having a dig ;)

:lol:

What can I say? I have high's and low's. That doesn't detract from my ability to see an overall pattern in our play. Sometimes what we want isn't going to happen how we want it if that hinders our ability to win games and stay safe in the second phase ie You rarely see one of our CM's in the box (they are told to hold position against a counter).

Spurs supporters are beginning to come to terms with this with over organised and detailed instructions of AVB. They have been pretty poor adjusting to the changeover - were very lucky to get a result against QPR a game in which they were comprehensively outplayed the whole first half and ginge wandered around scratching his head. Same with Rodgers at Liv (oh yes they pass a bit more) not creating many clear cut chances. Both these managers are about holding onto the ball and going through pre-set passing rituals before committing to the box (Chelsea still play like that even now).

Look at ManC season before last with two DM's not crossing the half way line....(a team chock full of world class players). There is method in all this madness. It's called data analysis and seeing when critical moments happen in games what went wrong...Who was standing where and so on...So Pardew isn't alone in this.

As Stevie said Santon is encouraged to fly wing when he has the ball and the first interchange is always with Guti who doesn't go gung ho anymore and covers the space. Again I see percentages, statics, analysis, prozone etc..It's why Pards talks a lot about belief and 'the group' cause he is aware that the side has to be constantly reminded about the team effort and 'buying into' his style. It's proabably the case that footballers by instinct don't really want to play like this...But look at Holland these days, look at Brazil all with spades more discipline and team mentality. Perhaps football itself with all the analysis has become boring? It's why It's why players like Hatem are one in a million.

Edited by Park Life

No he doesn't, and no he wasn't, he was banned for the exact reason that echoes that tweet, because he's an obsessed simpleton with tunnel-vision who would never ever fuck up no matter where the thread was, what the content of it was about, or what people replied.

(most people on here didn't disagree him either which underlines his entire history on here.)

For some reason he started going down the road he was banned because of his views. He wasnt. He was banned for saying the same post in every thread on topic or not. It was difficult to have a decent conversation with him as he just went off on one and for a bloke, cannot shakre this "I was right you were wrong" thing.

Anyway, enough of that bollocks. Fact is we are playing shite and still picked up 3 points. We hardly played like Barca all season last year as some might have you think. I have no doubt that we will win games to come and lose some. We'll play worse than yesterday in some and better in some. Why we are out of form is anyones guess, but it is a guess. Hopefully Tiote back will settle us down once he finds his form as well, bit erratic yesterday!

People going massively over board as usual. Its like an adolescent party with too much shandy on here sometimes.

Some excellent posts from Parky there, not sure I agree about the centre backs never getting in the opposition box (see the pen yesterday) but a goo analysis of where we are at. Like last season, we will see expansive football once the defensive solidity is embedded once again.

What a load of utter bollocks you talk at times :lol:

By the time we played Wigan last year we had Drawn with Arsenal, beaten the mackems, won in the cup and....

Beaten: Fulham, Blacknurn & Wolves

Drawn away at QPR and Villa and drawn at home with Spurs.

We were exceeding expectations and putting in some decent performances.

Not quite the same as this season so far.

This season there are very few signs of a "team". Not for Ben Arfa and dodgy linesmen things would be very grim.

If you remember the games you mention from last season, you will know that in a lot of them we played anything but well (for the whole games at least) and there were a lot of people saying we were heading for a fall.

Arsenal was one of the worst games I can remember since the relegation season, QPR should have stuffed us had they any decent forwards, Wolves were very unlucky against us and Fulham started well but needed a number of excellent saves from Krul to get us the points.

I'm not in any way saying that there is no problems with us this season and I would say we've never managed more than a half of decent (not close to exceptional) football so far. But I do think the doom and gloom is over the top.

We played well in the second half against Spurs, well in the second half against Everton and we really should have been at least two up by half time yesterday.

It's taking longer than we would have hoped and expected to click this season but I am seeing signs that it's getting better, Cabaye has been much better in the last game and a half, Ba is looking like his pre Cisse self, Santon looks quality and importantly we should have Tiote and Colo back for the next league game.

We definitely need to up our game because we won't keep on picking up points unless we do but there's no need to panic!

Oh and after watching the makems against Arsenal, Liverpool and West Ham I can definitely say they aren't playing better than us.

I thought Tiote's madness and Ben Arfa's brilliance would have been worth the entrance fee alone yesterday.

Also, if that pen goes in, the second half pans out exactly the same way, the performance is not mentioned. 100%.

Completely agree with this like. I understand why they gave Cisse the ball for the pen, but usually that would have been Ba and usually 2-0. It didnt come off and that put us under pressure in the 2nd half.

Completely agree with this like. I understand why they gave Cisse the ball for the pen, but usually that would have been Ba and usually 2-0. It didnt come off and that put us under pressure in the 2nd half.

Ba doesn't look overly great at pens either so far. Ben Arfa looks like the man, assuming Shola's not on the pitch.

I thought Tiote's madness and Ben Arfa's brilliance would have been worth the entrance fee alone yesterday.

Also, if that pen goes in, the second half pans out exactly the same way, the performance is not mentioned. 100%.

I would've still whinged. You see a different game on foreign streams than you do when you're at the match.

How would you know Stevie? I've done both hundreds of times and think that's nonsense. You've never been on a foreign stream in your life so what would you know? Fucking ITTs think they know what it's like ACTUALLY watching a proper stream.

I watched a foreign stream in the summer. In fact watching on telly is different. You don't see players body language as well, you don't see the shape of the team and the lack of movement doesn't hit you in the eyes as much. Like on Wednesday I won't be an ATAG, and my perspective of the match watching on telly will be inferior to someone who is actually there. You would make a very good solicitor and that's not taking the piss, it's a compliment. You can put a superb case up for anything regardless how wrong the facts make you appear.

A solicitor? :lol: I wouldn't set my sights so low. Not being funny but my jobs a lot better than that.

I didn't need to be at the match or even watch it on telly to make the comment I made, if the second goal goes in, no one talks about the performance. That's guaranteed and you know it which is why you have resorted to 'i was there so I know best'. I'm not commenting on any specific issues with the team, the pen goes in, we look better and the result is more than adequate. If you complain we win 2-0 you look like a dick. At 1-0 you don't but the margin is fine enough to be philosophical about it. That's all I was saying.

Do us a favour though, post the link up to where you predicted we'd have a great season last year from August/Sep time, I couldn't find it when I looked. I just want to make sure you were definitely saying the opposite about our prospects last year before giving too much weight to your predictions of mediocrity this year.

How would you know Stevie? I've done both hundreds of times and think that's nonsense. You've never been on a foreign stream in your life so what would you know? Fucking ITTs think they know what it's like ACTUALLY watching a proper stream.

:D Very good.

Cant believe none of the fanboys have got a clip of Ben Arfas nutmeg? up yet. If Shane had done it would have been up by now (the clip)

:D And your browser history would now also contain the phrase "skinny lad slips it between the legs".

A solicitor? :lol: I wouldn't set my sights so low. Not being funny but my jobs a lot better than that.

I didn't need to be at the match or even watch it on telly to make the comment I made, if the second goal goes in, no one talks about the performance. That's guaranteed and you know it which is why you have resorted to 'i was there so I know best'. I'm not commenting on any specific issues with the team, the pen goes in, we look better and the result is more than adequate. If you complain we win 2-0 you look like a dick. At 1-0 you don't but the margin is fine enough to be philosophical about it. That's all I was saying.

Do us a favour though, post the link up to where you predicted we'd have a great season last year from August/Sep time, I couldn't find it when I looked. I just want to make sure you were definitely saying the opposite about our prospects last year before giving too much weight to your predictions of mediocrity this year.

:lol: aye

I would've still said it was a poor performance and a boring game, if he'd have scored the penalty, looking like a dick on a message board doesn't concern me, expressing my opinion is my sole purpose for being in this thread.

We lost 4-1 to Fulham under Souness, and we played as well as we did that whole season. A fair score would've been 6-2 to the toon, and I came away from the match devastated with the result but full of praise for the performance. Sometimes you get zero luck, other times you get loads, we didn't really get loads yesterday, and while winning IS everything, when you're paying good money you want a better product than what we saw yesterday, in what was a dire advertisement for the Barclays Premier League.

Here's the link: http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/30914-20112012-in-football/#entry931136

:lol: @ this thread man.

I worry for us when we play badly and lose, there'll be a fucking queue to jump off the Tyne Bridge.

We didn't play great and yet comfortably beat a team in the Premier League.

Our players aren't firing on all cylinders and we're yet to see our 1st choice 11 take the field together.

The crux to our return to form will be Tiote. Once he's back and in the groove we'll see marked improvements from Cabaye and the defence. We're looking for the long ball more often, because the players at the back haven't the confidence to play it out. Colo and Tiote put that confidence into players like Taylor and whomever we play at right back.

Also, Tiote will give Cabaye time and space on the ball and the assurance that, if he commits himself further up the park, he's not leaving a weakened back four guarded by the hardworking but limited Perch or the toothless Anita.

We've lost once. To Chelsea. :lol: fucking Hell I thought expectations would rise after last year, but I didn't expect reality to be so massively distorted.

We'll be fine, we're getting results when we're playing fairly grey football. The worry is when the results aren't coming and we're playing shit.

...................2011/12 2012/13

Spurs (H).......2-2..........2-1

Chelsea (A)...2-0..........0-2

Villa (H).........2-1..........1-1

Everton (A)....1-3..........2-2

Norwich (H)...1-0 .........1-0

Win................3..............2

Draw .............1..............2

Loss...............1..............1

We've also had a tougher start to the season than we did last time around. Spurs at home, Chelsea and Everton away.

I think people need to calm down and assess after 10 league games.

Edited by The Fish