The celebrated return to europe

I ♥ Daddys Cock

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you cant afford to travel to a different country ?

Can all the geordie nation please put there excuses below

Off you pop sweetums, there's no bites here.

Bites? you mean its a total embarrassment to take 20 fans to a european game and inexcusable

How would you know pal? Your team been in Europe lately?

Being honest,theres only a hardcore from any club who go on a 4 hour flight to a european footballing backwater for a relatively meaningless game, especially at short notice and 400 quid a pop for the flights from London. Trust me I looked, and then youve got to get to heathrow/gatwick etc, in the middle of the peak holiday season in the UK, when the kids are still off school. There well be a bit of a "walk up" from Mags already in Greece on their holidays.

Sunderland supporters haven't had to worry about anything like that, ever :D

Being honest,theres only a hardcore from any club who go on a 4 hour flight to a european footballing backwater for a relatively meaningless game, especially at short notice and 400 quid a pop for the flights from London. Trust me I looked, and then youve got to get to heathrow/gatwick etc, in the middle of the peak holiday season in the UK, when the kids are still off school. There well be a bit of a "walk up" from Mags already in Greece on their holidays.

Sunderland supporters haven't had to worry about anything like that, ever :D

Ah i get it now. Reason the geordie nation didnt go is because of the lack of hardcore fans. Well thats that cleared up

Come on now, if you lot are going to try and use this at least stay consistent eh it's been 43, 47 and 32 you've even given two separate figures in this thread. £550 per person to fly 4 hours and watch our reserves play a qualifier, might be a big game for a club that never plays in Europe.

Just got back from the game, (on Concorde like), me and a few hundred of the lads boarded a few Concordes to see the game and it was a decent run out for the fringe players.

Luckily I brought my tool box mind you.

It was strange how it happened because , 500 of us got together and decided to hire a small fishing trawler to get to the game.

As luck happened, we walks past a few Concordes and both the pilots had the bonnets up on them.

I shouted, " you alright lads" and they shouted, " nah mate, our Concordes have broke down and we aren't in the AA."

I shouted, " here lads, I just happen to have my tool box on me here, do you want me to have a deek at your engines."

Well , they were over the moon and said, " aye, see what you can do."

Anyway, there I am under the bonnet and spots the problem on one and I shouted, "ok mate, get in your Concorde and pump the pedal, your carb had a bit of seagull feather jammed in it."

Sure enough he turns the key and Vroom vroom, it was purring like a kitten.

I jumped over to the other one and guess what? He only had a dropped chip in his carb, obviously from a seagull like and soon enough, his Concorde was purring as well.

Both pilots said, " how can we thank you mate" and I said, " you wouldn't happen to be going to Greece would you, the Newcastle games on and we don't want to miss it...we'll all chip in for the juice like."

The pilots asked me how many of us were going and I just said, us 500, plus the other 1000 that's turned up to watch me fix your motors like.

Sure enough, both pilots get on their phones and a few minutes later, what turns up?

Only another 4 Concordes. Brilliant man.

The pilots all shouted, "howay lads, hop on, we will take you all to Greece free of charge and bring you back because we can't thank Wolfy enough for sorting our motors out like."

Aye it was a great journey and they laid some drinks on for us and sarnies and what not and even brought over a load of air hostesses, in-fact I kid you not, we all had one hostess each attending to us.

Not only that though, as we were flying out, we spotted another few hundred lads that looked like they were hitchiking to Greece, so we picked them up as well.

The planes were packed but we enjoyed the night , all 4700 of us.

Edited by wolfy