Manchester United v Newcastle United

Christmas Tree

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardew can fuck off.

Are we Man Utd?

Are we any other perma-winning trophy club?

No, we're the club who last won a trophy 4 years before I was was born, we're the the club who hasn't won a FA cup since 19fucking 55, a club that haven't won the title since the Nineteen fucking Twenties!!

Man City are out. Everton are out, we beat Man U, they're out. FFS, how much incentive do you fucking need??!!

All these people saying 'it's the league that counts' can fuck off right now. We've no guarantee where we'll finish, Man U were there for the taking but once again, as like the Stevenage and Brighton fiascos we act like Billy big bollocks and notch another year on the trophy-less clock.

Congrats, Pards. :good:

(In case I never mentioned, Vuckic as a centre forward? Really? Oberfuckwit supplying, (don't laugh) Vukcic? Really? Gosling bought on a free injured and never in a million years going to fulfill any early promise he had pre-injury? Another cup surrender by Pards.

It hurts when you care.

Totally mate, a perpetual pain in the arse.

I don't see anything positive about being knocked out of a cup competition. If you do, and you aren't bothered, you aren't a Newcastle supporter. You've just bought into pardew's hype.

Then again, aren't you the clown who claimed an impact sub. doesn't need any end product in his game? Before you changed your name? If so, I wouldn't feel sorry for me.

We went out of all competitions last season and are now in the Europa league.

The domestic cups are but two and are both won by basically luck, not careful planning.

Some people post on here as if they wouldn't celebrate winning the league cup. Give it a rest man! Imagine the buzz around the town if we won it? The boost to the players to feel like they are in a winning squad...even if it is the FA cup's embarrassing little brother that some people seem to make out.

Some people post on here as if they wouldn't celebrate winning the league cup. Give it a rest man! Imagine the buzz around the town if we won it? The boost to the players to feel like they are in a winning squad...even if it is the FA cup's embarrassing little brother that some people seem to make out.

Spot fucking on.

If it wasn't for him we might never have been relegated either.

Relegation was the making of what this club is right now.

We needed that to get rid of the shit mercenary bastards that we had on board and we did get rid, which is why we are playing in Europa and are (as fans) EXPECTING to beat teams we would have otherwise hoped to beat just a few short years ago.

Relegation was the making of what this club is right now.

We needed that to get rid of the shit mercenary bastards that we had on board and we did get rid, which is why we are playing in Europa and are (as fans) EXPECTING to beat teams we would have otherwise hoped to beat just a few short years ago.

We needed to get relegated and lose millions with no guarantee of ever coming back up?

That must be the plan with all PL chairmen then?

Of course we would all celebrate winning the league cup...as any other cup but some of us are more in acceptance that these cups are a lottery as Birmingham and Boro have proved and even Cardiff in getting to the final and unluckily losing.

The real piss and moaning would be more acceptable if we fielded a full on first team against reserves and went out, with injuries ans suspensions caning us of progressing in any competition.

Until one person who thinks Pardew is off the mark, wears his shoes and juggles everything needed to win what you want to win, then accept that what he does is a hard job and he has to do what he sees fit for the target in hand whether we win or lose.

We needed to get relegated and lose millions with no guarantee of ever coming back up?

That must be the plan with all PL chairmen then?

WE did it and we did it in style with a team that were all fighting for the cause , with the dead wood gone..

In football, you gamble..and if it pays off, you prosper...and if your gamble fails with no contingency plan....(Leeds United), you suffer the consequences.

We were a club in dire trouble, took over by a billionaire who was football clueless but had a desire to put Newcastle United on the map.

He messed up in his choices, yet stuck in and proved that he had the balls to carry it forward and we are reaping the rewards, slowly but surely of that.

If some people stopped living in the past, they might actually realise that this club is as strong, if not stronger than it's ever been and rebuilding a club of this stature requires a cruel to be kind mentality which is working a treat.

Of course we would all celebrate winning the league cup...as any other cup

My point is that people seem to be suggesting that winning this would not be like winning 'any other cup' as it isn't akin to others in terms of stature or respect. It's easier to get pissy and say that the league cup is a shit cup than accept that there goes what is probably our best opportunity for another year to break the mould and actually win something. As HMHM said earlier, it hurts when you care.

I'd celebrate on the night, then ponder on where we're going to finish in the league or Europe as a result of turning out our best side for the whole cup run.

As for a boost to the players, the amount of winners that subsequently go on to fight a relegation scrap or worse, shows that up to be a fantasy. Local players aside, squads get more of a buzz by knowing what level they'll be playing at the next season, and who might be attracted to join the team because of it. Who ever heard of a player wanting to join a Premier League outfit due to their previous year's success in the Milk Cup? Contrast that with the prospect of playing in Europe, whether you can really go all the way or not.

Contrary to the popular myth that was still being perpetuated by the sad act manager of Liverpool last year, there's not a club out there that can point to success in the Carling Cup as a tipping point in the reversal of their fortunes on the path to becoming a regular fixture in the top echelons of English football. Quite the reverse in fact, in the modern era more often than not it's the last hurrah of fading clubs, as they slide off into obscurity. Birmingham 2011, Middlesbrough 2004, Blackburn 2002, Leicester 2000, Aston Villa 1996, Sheffield Wednesday 1991, Nottingham Forest 1990. All the rest won it while dominating (ie prioritising) the better competitions.

It's the only Cup around that I genuinely wouldn't care if Sunderland won it and we never did.

I get and respect your post completely to be honest, I'm just canny after drink and on a downer about the night/another trophy-less season. Still positives in Elliot, Tav and Cisse.

Btw, my reckoning is that you certainly would care if the mackems won the league cup. The noise from their end would drive the deafest dog insane.

Edited by ADP

I am possibly going to die without seeing them win a cup I would celebrate like a pikey wedding if we won the league cup.

try and win all you are in ffs

Yes if the Mackems win it they would be going barmey our lives up here in NE would no be worth living

Its a shit cup when you are out or facing the likes of Man Utd

Quite the reverse in fact, in the modern era more often than not it's the last hurrah of fading clubs, as they slide off into obscurity. Birmingham 2011, Middlesbrough 2004, Blackburn 2002, Leicester 2000, Aston Villa 1996, Sheffield Wednesday 1991, Nottingham Forest 1990. All the rest won it while dominating (ie prioritising) the better competitions.

It's the only Cup around that I genuinely wouldn't care if Sunderland won it and we never did.

Quite. It's been like that for 30 years man. Speaking of Sunderland, the last time Sunderland got to a Wembley final they played NORWICH CITY. The final was contested by two sides that got relegated. Not Liverpool and Everton who came first and second. The next season, was probably the "major" final (even though it's not) which was the least sexy ever. Oxford and QPR ffs. Then LUTON FUCKING TOWN, made it to two final in a row, winning one, then a second division team won it in 1991 Sheffield Wednesday. This is all before Sky made it even more insignificant. Show me when such shit clubs have won the FA Cup in the modern era.

I tell you what right if Sunderland win the League Cup this season, the country won't go oh well done Sunderland (as they would if they win the FA Cup), they'll go look at Sunderland winning a trophy when Newcastle can't, that's how insignificant it is. No different from winning the Anglo Italian or the Intertoto imo.

I tell you what right if Sunderland win the League Cup this season, the country won't go oh well done Sunderland (as they would if they win the FA Cup), they'll go look at Sunderland winning a trophy when Newcastle can't, that's how insignificant it is. No different from winning the Anglo Italian or the Intertoto imo.

Sorry mate disagree to some extent this is not about how insignificant to the country it is about the North East. 08.23 and I have texts, calls, emails and the bastards in here giving me jip.

One has just said last 16 in the cup again ffs

Shite price that though eh? 100/1 that your son plays for Man Utd. Less than 1 in 1000 play any professional football at all, let alone for Man Utd.

When they were saying he is about to win some money from a bet I was thinking 100k, when they said £10k I thought the same, very shit odds.

Sorry mate disagree to some extent this is not about how insignificant to the country it is about the North East. 08.23 and I have texts, calls, emails and the bastards in here giving me jip.

One has just said last 16 in the cup again ffs

I know but they're insignificant they're a club who's own chairman said their supporters weren't as good as ours, a club who's own chairman in 1998 said they'll never ever be half as big as NUFC, a club in a city which is probably the worst in the UK with a population of over 200,000 as opposed to the best 11 miles North West. Stick off mackems about anything in life is like Steven Hawking criticising the late Michael Jackson's dancing abilities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1985_Football_League_Cup_Final

I think this sums it up. 90,001 a major final with 10,000 below capacity ffs. The FA Amateur Cup Final (which Bishop Auckland won 10 times) always had 100,000 for example. Can you imagine that being the case with the FA Cup Final? Would never happen. Not even gutted we lost last night, less distraction for the real competitions.

I know but they're insignificant they're a club who's own chairman said their supporters weren't as good as ours, a club who's own chairman in 1998 said they'll never ever be half as big as NUFC, a club in a city which is probably the worst in the UK with a population of over 200,000 as opposed to the best 11 miles North West. Stick off mackems about anything in life is like Steven Hawking criticising the late Michael Jackson's dancing abilities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1985_Football_League_Cup_Final

I think this sums it up. 90,001 a major final with 10,000 below capacity ffs. The FA Amateur Cup Final (which Bishop Auckland won 10 times) always had 100,000 for example. Can you imagine that being the case with the FA Cup Final? Would never happen. Not even gutted we lost last night, less distraction for the real competitions.

9999 below capacity :P. would you not start to get excited if say we got to the semis and were winning going into the last leg at home? I know I would and my cup final day would consist of being in a pub outside wembley watching it on tv. For someone your age with a season ticket who's never seen Newcastle lift a cup, getting the opportunity to be in the stadium for that would surely be magical. I went to wembley to see Grimsby play in the JPT Trophy Final. The team had done fuck all all year and were languishing in League Two, but playing in the final of possibly the most meaningless trophy on earth created such a buzz around town.

The League Cups wank, but its a start.