Comet

Christmas Tree

There is the possibility that someone could arrange a deal with the creditors and turn the company into an online only business but the day of selling electronics from physical shops is most likely gone.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It often surprises me how shit some of the websites are for the highstreet stores. Comet was a woeful site last time I used it, which was only to take advantage of a some mis-priced item from hotukdeals. Woolies was the same too, looked like it was a one man bands website.

If they had embraced and invested properly in online sales earlier they may have avoided such losses.

HMVs site was always much better than virgin too. No surprise they outlasted them.

There is the possibility that someone could arrange a deal with the creditors and turn the company into an online only business but the day of selling electronics from physical shops is most likely gone.

Disagree. I tend to buy from physical shops that offer price match so it's easy to return faulty goods. Plus older people haven't got a clue about buying online.

Disagree. I tend to buy from physical shops that offer price match so it's easy to return faulty goods. Plus older people haven't got a clue about buying online.

Harrumph, much much older people if you please.

Buy nearly everything online these days, except clobber.

I'm not saying that there isn't a market for it but it's shrinking and the costs of maintaining a network of physical shops and shop staff makes it much harder to compete with online retailers. Dixons has disappeared completely from the highstreet and Currys are reducing the number of shops they have as the leases expire.

Weren't Currys and Dixons the same company?

Aye, DSG. I worked on a lot of the superstores they built in the 90s. Very hard customer to satisfy, theyd come in and say on a Friday afternoon that the plans had changed and we'd have to complete a certain task before Monday, no questions asked. So we'd have to work the weekend, regardless of plans made as theyd kick our comapny off the preferred contractors list if we didnt play ball. Changed days now, theyre shutting the superstores that dont make money or merging them with PC World stores.

Edited by PaddockLad

You're basically making out (unless I've missed something) that you care more about the club because you think you've put some Scouser right on some fucking pointless argument about the size of the club or whatever. Aye? :lol:

The initial comments were tongue-in-cheek for what it's worth although you seem to be doing your best to live up to them.

Here, have some of these ;) ;) ;)

Edited by Alex

Honestly go and de-sand your vag

Owch !

That really hurt me, probably the best put down, one liner I've ever heard.

You really do no how to hurt a persons feelings.

"de-sand your vag"

That's is just genius, I hope you're happy now, I'll never get over being so insulted.

Owch !

That really hurt me, probably the best put down, one liner I've ever heard.

You really do no how to hurt a persons feelings.

"de-sand your vag"

That's is just genius, I hope you're happy now, I'll never get over being so insulted.

Enjoying half term?