Southampton Away

ToonArmy1993

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few years ago now but I only remember one pub round the corner from the ground and not far away from a dodgy estate you should probably avoid. There were Chicagos or whatever more in town which must have been walking distance (because we walked it) but we just drove down, had a pint in the pub mentioned and drove back.

Hope that has helped :lol:

Edited by Gejon

Scoreboard1............... if you see this try the Giddy Bridge on London Road where you may or may not encounter a poster on this esteemed forum ;)

Or any of the fleshpots on the main high street Above Bar....all the usual candidates; Yates, Spoons etc...

Scoreboard1............... if you see this try the Giddy Bridge on London Road where you may or may not encounter a poster on this esteemed forum ;)

I'll be wearing a pink carnation, no pressure. :good:

There's an offer you can't refuse, scoreboard1. ;)

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8276854

Nathaniel Clyne is feeling settled at Southampton and has 'no regrets' about spurning a move to Sunday's opponents Newcastle in the summer.

The 21-year-old came through the Crystal Palace academy and quickly became one of the most talked about prospects in the Football League.

Manchester United, Ajax and Everton were all linked with moves for the right-back, who instead plumped for a move to newly-promoted Southampton this summer.

It is a move Clyne has enjoyed so far and has no regrets about turning down other interest, including an offer from Sunday's visitors Newcastle.

"I was close [to going there]," said Clyne. "They are a good a side but I chose Southampton because it was closer to where I live.

"It's where I preferred to come. I didn't get a chance to speak to Alan Pardew.

"Southampton just appealed to me more. They've got good facilities here, the way they play football has been good and I was promised first-choice football.

"I thought I was going to get more game time, which I have been getting, so I am pleased.

"I have no regrets about coming here. I have been playing a lot of games for the club and that's what I like.

"I didn't really want to be on the bench. I just wanted to be playing, getting game time and improving as a player."

Cyne's looked about as good as Simpson when he's played, but seems a very good athelete and has youth on his side.

There's an offer you can't refuse, scoreboard1. ;)

:lol:

You couldve come as well....ToonArmy1993 might bring his missus now he knows where to go and that some err "friendly" faces from here will be there to look after her :thumbup:

I think Clyne will end up a very accomplished Premier League level right-back, certainly better than Simpson. He's raw around the edges but he already offers more than Simpson does going forward.

Cheers mate. Ive been in a rough boozer called the Angel this afternoon. Bit like the clock bar in the toon.

Or any of the fleshpots on the main high street Above Bar....all the usual candidates; Yates, Spoons etc...

I wonder, was the fans wanting roeder and fat sam out also ridiculed?

Trust me, a year from now playing sparkly water fotball we will all look back and be happy we got rid.

I voiced these concerns a year ago, and I was right.

Prophets are rarely appreciated by their contemporaries.

Feeling quite optimistic about this based on nothing whatsoever. Probably just a mood swing.

Anyway, hope safety first Pardew puts out a team capable of attacking. Ideally for me that would be Ferguson on one wing and Obertan on the other and maybe Marveaux in there as well although I cant really recall who is actually fit and whose not.

Maybe something like

Krul

Simpson Taylor Williamson Santon

Obertan Marveaux Tiote Ferguson

Ba Cisse

However Pardew will no doubt rush Jonas back.

Ive stuck Marveaux in as he certainly showed glimpses the other day (only glimpses) of how he can receive and pass the ball in the middle under pressure whilst still having the eye for a decent forward pass.

Probably Bigi and Jonas will be Pardews choice instead of Ferguson and Marveaux, but with no Ben Arfa creative play has to come from somewhere.

nb Not sure if Obertans fit yet either. :)