Christmas

Christmas Tree

Officially all done now bar the Food Shop.

For those of you still living with parents, this is a yearly ritual that all adults hate. It involves trying to work out the optimum time over a 24 hour cycle to enter your local supermarket and obtain lots of unnecessary crap that you will eventually transfer to your bin.

You will find yourself hating all mankind, particularly single parents that choose to bring their four offspring with them rather than leaving them home alone. Next on the list are the elderly. Constantly hovering from one side of the aisle to the other and then reversing when they realise they have forgot something. Quite often you will find a collection of them barricading a full aisle out of pure spite.

Anyway, once thats over I intend to "make hay" over the weekend before parking up on Sunday night.

Christmas Eve will involve a generally nice day around the house, maybe a bit of baking before a family and friend gathering at a local Italian at 5.30pm (Bit of a tradition).

Christmas Day will involve dodging toys all day long and a full house for Dinner.

Boxing Day as yet unplanned, depends on weather really. A nice trip to the beach would be canny.

Back to work on Thursday or Friday I think.

Whats everyone else doing?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christmas Eve - In work, apparently until 5 but hopefully we'll get out early. Grab a few bits of food shopping if necessary (just bread/milk type items) and head to the pub for a few quiet pints and a catch up with whoever is out.

Christmas Day - Dinner at the mother-in-law's then round to my mam's later for present swapping with the family and the buffet tea that no one wants but everyone eats anyway.

Boxing Day - Apparently one of our mates is having a few close friends/family round so will probably pop round there for a bit, hopefully watch some football as well.

Not back in work until 2nd Jan so the rest of the week will be recovering and hitting the gym before the January rush.

Well, we almost certainly won't be moving before Christmas thanks to the people that are meant to be buying ours. I'm now just waiting to find out whether we are gonna lose the house that we were meant to be buying altogether (there's a chance of the builder pulling the plug because they wanted a pre year end completion).

Then I'm going to her mam and dad's for Christmas Day. :razz: Probably the least festive I've ever felt for Christmas though cos of all this house shit.

Whats everyone else doing?

Do you want to borrow my van, it's got a 800kg payload. ;)

Christmas Eve - visit pals, drinks and nibbles, kids bathed and bed, Santa duties then drinks and nipples.

Christmas Day - Morning Mayhem, dinner with family and Grandma Fist, followed by general descent into slobbery.

Boxing Day - Mother in law's for lunch, Grandma Fist's for tea, evening chill with wife , wine and movies.

Finished graft at lunchtime, not back until 3rd Jan! :drinks:

Last day tomorrow for me. Not back until the 3rd. Planning on doing the shop early Saturday morning at Heaton Sainsbury's which never seems to get as mental as Asda etc. Looks like the weather's going to be dismal like. I'd rather it snowed or was freezing cold than this damp stuff.

Feel canny bad for it, but I'm ower the moon to be at her families house on christmas day rather than mine. We'll pop over to see my side, but my brother is doing the dinner. Preparation all done the day before then microwave the lot. :glare:

Her ma does an almighty spread with a selection of 4 desserts a load of cheese and crackers and miniature whiskies in all the homemade crackers and all that.

For those of you still living with parents, this is a yearly ritual that all adults hate. It involves trying to work out the optimum time over a 24 hour cycle to enter your local supermarket and obtain lots of unnecessary crap that you will eventually transfer to your bin.

You will find yourself hating all mankind, particularly single parents that choose to bring their four offspring with them rather than leaving them home alone. Next on the list are the elderly. Constantly hovering from one side of the aisle to the other and then reversing when they realise they have forgot something. Quite often you will find a collection of them barricading a full aisle out of pure spite.

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/

Why do people buy so much shit just because the shops aren't open for a single day? Ridiculous! Christmas Eve-Out in town. Christmas-Being a Scrooge. Boxing Day-Sincil Bank for the Lincolnshire Derby. Boxing Day>Xmas.

Last day tomorrow for me. Not back until the 3rd. Planning on doing the shop early Saturday morning at Heaton Sainsbury's which never seems to get as mental as Asda etc. Looks like the weather's going to be dismal like. I'd rather it snowed or was freezing cold than this damp stuff.

Same days I'm off. Got the main items of food pre-ordered at M&S, but will have to face a supermarket run on Sunday or Monday as well. Oh joy. Just doesn't feel like Christmas to me this year yet, mind I've not been to any parties and decorations aren't allowed here so perhaps not that surprising.........

Why do people buy so much shit just because the shops aren't open for a single day? Ridiculous!

Usually because you are feeding loads more people than normal, possibly lunches and dinners, over a few days, where you eat more than normal and the shops arent open.

Usually because you are feeding loads more people than normal, possibly lunches and dinners, over a few days, where you eat more than normal and the shops arent open.

Must explain why there's enough chocolate bought to feed the Swiss Army and why people panic buy stuff (that they throw in the bin like CT said).

Just to put all your minds at rest, we aren't losing the house. You all seemed pretty fucking concerned about it. :lol:

:D

Was shitting myself you and your Mrs would be doing Little Donkey up the coast road on Christmas Eve.

Must explain why there's enough chocolate bought to feed the Swiss Army and why people panic buy stuff (that they throw in the bin like CT said).

You need cheering up you miserable fecker.

Here ....

Edit; oops :lol: